Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Age: 7000000 Superior Human Beings

Re: Golden Age: 7000000 Superior Human Beings

"Excellent question!" Replied Berrendo, who was standing at the door. It's only fair that the fastest person leave the room last, right? "I'm still working out the kinks, honestly. I was thinking we could get some kind of bus, but then I thought it sounded silly, so I forgot about that. So, until we can work out a means of group transportation, we'll have to get there on our owns. No need to worry, though. The computer says the bank is only three blocks from the docks, so there's no problem."

He hadn't really gotten everything together. Sure, he'd set up this swanky base, and assembled this whole team, but this is still his first team. He's got a lot to learn when it comes to running one.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Flint ran a few fingers through his hair, letting out a sigh. They should be sticking together to work as a team, but at the same time he doubt he could fit one more on his bike with him on there, and the bank itself wasn't far off.
    "Just hurry up, alright." He ran out the door, mounting his motorcycle as it roared to life and he drove towards the bank, at the very least he could scope out the danger and go back if need be.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

At the scene of the crime, six men in suits are huddled up in the bank, shooting at the police gathered outside. One of them pulls out a walkie talkie...

"Hey boss!", Crook #1 shouts into his two-way. "You think you could finish up with that safe and maybe come help us out?"
    There is a pause of exactly thirteen seconds, before a reply comes from the walkie talkie. "I'll be there in a second," says the man on the other side. His voice sounds low, gravelly, and positively menacing.
    Once this reply comes, the six men sigh with relief. They stop firing, and lay down there guns. The police take this to mean that they're surrendering, and start to move in. But as the first officer approaches the entrance to the bank, a sound is heard. It's a horrible, disgusting sound. It's the sound of the officer's skull being shattered by a small rock, thrown from inside the bank. The other officers look in disbelief as a man walks towards them. He's dressed in a nice, black pinstripe suit, and wearing a grey fedora.

He is a middle-aged Asian man, who stands about 6'2''. His skin is normal in colouration, but is covered in cracks and scratches.

"Hello, NCPD. My name is Bunkerbuster. I'm going to give you twenty seconds to run," he says, smiling as he does. A police officer, nervous after just witnessing his friend killed, prematurely fires his gun at Bunkerbuster. The bullet ricochets off of his skin, and into the ground. Bunkerbuster looks at where the bullet bounced off of him, then at the police officer who shot him. He frowns, before dusting off his suit. "You... are not going live to regret that."
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~

Meanwhile...

The team was on their way to the crime scene, and was about three minutes from their destination. Will they make it in time?
    Last edited by Kiwi; March 27th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Swordsman was currently running to the right of the other members as they advanced toward the bank. Being three minutes away from the bank, he knew that they would have trouble making it there on time to easily capture the criminals at the bank if they all had to move at the same pace. Sighing, he knew that something had to be done. Seeing El Berrendo at the front of the group, he caught up with El Berrendo. "El Berrendo," he said, keeping pace with the leader of the group, "Let the faster members of the group get to the bank so that we can prevent the criminals from escaping. It would be harder to chase after criminals than to just stop them at the bank itself."

((Also, if you use yellow text, could you bold it so that's it's more legible on themes with grey backgrounds?))

((Can do.))

El Berrendo turned his head slightly to look at Swordsman. "Hmm... good idea. I'll alert the team," he said. He shouted back to the people behind him, "Okay team, listen up! This is what we're gonna do: The faster members of the team should go on ahead, and try to cut off the criminals at the bank. That way, they won't escape. Then, the others will meet up with them there, and provide any necessary assistance. Understood?" He awaited any kind of response. After getting said response, he'd say, "Great! Now let's move out." He picked up his speed, quickly accelerating past Swordsman, and was soon out of view of the group.

Meanwhile...

"And that's why being a police officer is a dangerous profession," said Bunkerbuster, who was cracking his knuckles. Surrounding him on the ground were the bodies of eight police officers, each mangled in different ways. One had his skull bashed in, another was shot. The rest were taken out in more... grotesque ways.

Bunkerbuster turned around to face his men in the bank "Now then, boys!" He walked toward them, arms extended. "Let's go grab our loot from the vault!"

DarkruLegioSquallant Bias Mendicant Bias's Avatar

"Can do, Berrendo." Jack flew ahead of the group, narrowly avoiding several buildings and reaching the bank in about a minute.

"Good God. Guys, I'm gonna need some backup." He saw seven... No, eight police officers, all mangled in various ways. Augh, I'm gonna be sick in my helmet... He saw the man whom he assumed was the culprit on the steps of the bank, a crusty-looking Asian man in a 20's style pinstripe suit. Classy, I'll give him that. Jack had to act now, while he still had the element of surprise. He flew quickly towards Bunkerbuster, drawing his raygun and firing off three shots before reaching him and grabbing him by the neck.
    The real heroes.

Swordsman, leaping quickly from rooftops and streetlights, stayed just behind Jack. He arrived at the bank, just as Jack charged towards Bunkerbuster.

He's a big one. We'll have to worry about him... he thought, then began surveying the scene. He saw the other robbers beginning to run from the bank during the fray to make a quick get away. Clicking his tongue in irritation that Jack had fallen for such an easy distraction, he rushed towards the group of retreating bandits, and drew his katana. He rushed in front of them, and took a battle stance. "Drop the money," he commanded.

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Requiem walked quickly out the door, already triple-checking his grapnel gun. He had ran a quick search on the address to ensure that he knew the location, and started to draw his weapon...
    "Any ideas on how those of us without super speed might get there?" one of the others asked. "I have a bike, but what about Nine or Man?
    The cowled man turned, surveying those who were left. The strongman had a point - nearly a third of the team was left without a way to get there quickly, and some of those who could would still lag behind the others. By the time he had turned back around, all but two of the team were gone entirely, leaving just the dark avenger and the sonic screamer.
    I need to get a vehicle of some kind, for future situations like this one... Requiem thought, aiming his grapnel gun at a nearby rooftop. I'll have to remember to check the Applied Sciences labs for anything useful.
    Inside the cloaked crusader's weapon, powerful electromagnets sprang to life as a strong current hit them. Immediately, their magnetic fields drove out the grapnel gun's projectile - a tight clamp, which opened as soon as it exited the barrel. Once the clamp hit its target, it automatically locked into place, leaving Requiem holding one end of a long line of cable. With another button press, the cowled avenger's belt whirred into action, a powerful winch system pulling at the end of the cable. This in turn sent the crusader flying into the air, propelling him upwards towards the clamp at incredibly high speeds. The instant that he was within arms' reach of the ledge, Requiem reached up with his other hand, using both his momentum and his considerable strength to lift himself up as the grapnel gun's cable stopped retracting.
    Pressing one final button to release the clamp, Requiem took aim again - this time at a hanging streetlamp next to the squat warehouse on which he stood. This time, he didn't bother to retract the cable - instead, the avenger leapt, swinging from the end of his cable and passing under the high streetlamp. Once he reached the apex of his swing, the cowled man let go, allowing his momentum to carry him to the shorter building in front of him.
    Underneath his cowl, Requiem almost smiled.

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Captain Man laughed again. "Don't worry about me, dark dude! I've got a method of transportation of my own, at least until midnight." He grabbed several bottles of water, only a few of many various elemental implements he'd found in his room, and dumped one on the ground below him. "Land Surf, activate!" he yelled, for no particular reason. The water pooled around his feet into a small wave, and he began to glide effortlessly down the street in the direction of the bank. "See you guys a Lane and Kee! Or... something like that? ...Doesn't matter, a bank robbery in progress ought to be pretty obvious. Hopefully."
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Flint skid to a stop upon reaching the scene and was greeted with a gruesome sight that could turn many a stomach. However, Flint found it in him to look past the mangled policemen at the perp himself. For one the guy didn't have a scratch on him. Actually, on closer inspection, he had a lot of scratches on him. Scratches and cracks and an array of features that made him look more rock than man.
    Something that might have just been up Flint's ally.

Dismounting the bike, Flint made towards the large man at, well at a brisk pace. He noticed the sword guy holding off some lower goons. That was good, if Flint wanted to take out the big guy, he didn't need any distractions. Straightening his coat, Flint neared the big guy. And just as he did, a tributary of hypertime bled into the universe and a small, most likely unnoticeable change occurred. But that's probably not important, like I was saying, Flint neared the big guy.

"You got two choices here, Rocky." he called. "Either give up now or face the cavalry."

Bunkerbuster felt the three raygun shots hit him, but shrugged them off. "What the hell was tha-" He found himself unable to complete his sentence, due to a severe case of being-neck-grabbed-by-Bronze-Rocket. Shame.

"Keh, if it isn't Bronze Rocket," he muttered. "Time to die." He swatted Bronze Rocket's hand off of his neck, before grabbing the man's shoulders. Bunkerbuster followed up this maneuver with a powerful headbutt, which would be enough to knock his foe away.

When suddenly, Lockjaw. "You got two choices here, Rocky. Either give up now or face the cavalry."

Bunkerbuster turned to face the new arrival. "Well well well. Lockjaw, right? I've heard of you. Heard that you're made of glass." He cracks his neck, knuckles, and shoulders. "So I guess this is the part where I break you in half."

~MEANWHILE!~

The six mooks of Bunkerbuster were startled by Swordsman's appearance. "$#!&," shouted one of them. "It's the... who's this guy?"
    "I think it's 'The Samurai'," another chimed in.
    "Oh, alright. Now then," he cleared his throat, "Open fire!"
    The six mooks started firing their tommy guns at Swordsman.

Swordsman, unperturbed by the fact that the robbers did not know his name, nimbly leapt into the air and onto a streetlight that was to the right of the robbers. However, he was there for the briefest of moments, as he lunged towards the robbers, ramming the hilt of sword into the gut of one of the robbers, then quickly turning and slashing with the back edge of his sword. These were small-fry criminals, he knew that killing them would only get him in trouble, and they weren't bad enough anyway to kill. Jail would be a better place for them.

After striking with the sword, he leapt back again to avoid staying in the middle of a group of robbers for too long. "I'll say it again, drop the money."

Flint, deflecting the insult like it were practically anything else thrown at him, decided his best rebuttal would be to begin assault. And so he did, charging at the large man, he went for the gut, delivering a low, swinging punch that would fell any man made of squishy flesh or soft organs. As per the man he was fighting however, the impact vibrated throughout Flint's body, it was a strong impact to say the least, but the person who was supposed to be feeling it barely flinched. Flint backed away to keep his distance, not out of fear but tactic, it would give him room to appropriately respond to the man's next move.

Number Nine, not being particularly prepared for a situation such as a bank heist, wasn't in such a hurry to arrive. And when she did, she almost tripped over one of the horribly mangled cop corpses littered around the site.
    An asian man, dressed in a stylish suit and a fedora she suspected was stolen from Michael Jackson, might have otherwise escaped her notice if it weren't for the fact that he stood unflinching after Lockjaw's punch. His skin was covered in cracks and scratches, as if it were granite.
    She would be completely useless against an opponent made of stone.

The six mooks looked at each other, then back at swordsman, then back at each other. They all nodded, dropped their guns, and ran off screaming. How... convenient.

~Meanwhile~

Bunkerbuster did something you wouldn't think he'd be able to do with his girth and/or body composed of concrete.

He leapt forward, at surprising speeds, towards Lockjaw. When he landed, he didn't give Lockjaw time to react. He gave the super a nice uppercut to the jaw, with the intent to send him flying.

"Weak."

Then, he turned towards Number Nine. "I don't recognize you, girly," he said, approaching her at a menacingly slow pace, "but I'm gonna assume you're a super too. Great. I find woman supers make the best corpses." He smirked a horrible smirk. On his way to his next target, he passed a cop car. As he did, he tore the bumper off of, then held it like a bat.Bunkerbuster cracks his neck. "You idiots really think you can beat me in a fight? I'm-" The villain is cut off by a boot to the head.

Said boot was being worn by El Berrendo, who had jumped off of the roof of the building, and delivered a flying kick to Bunkerbuster's face. The kick managed to knock the rock-hard villain to his knees, but otherwise caused no visible damage.

"Ok, pringao, that's enough talk from you," said Berrendo, who was dusting himself off.

Bunkerbuster glared at the new arrival. He spit. "So, El Berrendo, Bronze Rocket, Lockjaw... and some other guys I don't recognize. Working together? That's something I never thought I'd see," he growled. He stood up. "So what do you jackasses call yourselves?"

Berrendo smirked. He'd been waiting all night to say this. "We are... The Seven !"

There was a pause of about ten seconds. "But... I only see six of you," Bunkerbuster pointed out.

El Berrendo was admittedly confused by this statement. Only six? Did somebody get left behind? He looked around, trying to see who they forgot.

((OKAY GUYS, I NEED TO ASK A FAVOUR: Nobody post again until Meta posts, because of reasons that will soon be clear.))

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

As the heroes looked about in surprise, Bunkerbuster laughed. What kind of stupid, pretentious team of pansy heroes would call themselves "The Seven" if they only had six -
    A slight thud sounded behind the villainous Changed, interrupting his thoughts. Motioning his men to watch the enemies, he turned around to check out the situation...
    ...And was met with a black-gauntleted fist to the face, hitting the nigh-invulnerable Changed with such force that he was left seeing stars. Bunkerbuster stumbled back towards the Seven, blinking spots out of his eyes as he recovered his wits, only to find one of the most feared beings in New Cleveland standing before him.
    Behind the stunned metahuman, Requiem stood in a fighting stance, silhouetted in the glow of a nearby streetlamp. His cape blew up in the wind, momentarily appearing to form black wings, as he withdrew his fist to his jaw without a hint of pain. A moment later, he spoke, employing the same deep, gravelly tone he had used previously.
    "Look harder next time," he growled as Bunkerbuster recovered, ensuring he still had a smoke bomb clenched in his left fist. "You're finished, Bunkerbuster!"

Swordsman approached the rest of the group silently. He decided to let the robbers go, though he knew that the police officers who had not been mauled to death were already on their way in their cars after the men on foot. While this city was indeed big, and many alleyways sprawled around, he knew that a majority of those six would be caught and arrested.

As he approached the group, he kept a close eye on Bunkerbuster, knowing that the anger the villain was feeling would only make him fight more violent and dangerous manner. A cornered animal was the most dangerous, and in kendo club, he was advised against cornering opponent, for that was when they would thrash out, with nothing left to lose. A kendo opponent, however, could not lay waste to many police officers as Bunkerbuster had done, meaning that the latter would need to be taken down for becoming too violent.

Jack flew back and hit the sidewalk, stabilizing himself with the jetpack. His head reeling, he tried to get a bearing of his surroundings. His visor had a large crack, and his HUD was glitching all over the place, effectively blinding him. He tore off the helmet and threw it to the side, running to stand beside Swordsman.

"About time you showed up, Requiem." Jack grinned and turned to Bunkerbuster, leveling his raygun at the Changed's head. "It's over, Bunkerbuster. Hands behind your head, you have the right to remain silent, you have the right to an attorney, yada yada yada, you get the idea." Jack checked his plasma battery count- three left, giving him 18 more shots besides the half-spent battery in his raygun. It'd have to do.
    The real heroes.

While Flint was not sent flying by the uppercut, was at the very least lifted off his feet. As his teammates surrounded the villain, he wiped a bit of spit from his mouth and approached Bunkerbuster. He didn't exactly trust the villain to surrender so easily. And payback has also been notoriously known for being a &&&&&.
    "Yeah, what they said." he muttered, throwing a punch to Bunkerbuster's face, the already dazed man made to brace himself, only for Flint's fist to stop and his foot to smash into his kneecap, hopefully with enough force to cripple the villain.

Bunkerbuster's eyes widened at the sight of Requiem. "Oh $#!&, Requiem!" He looked visibly scared and unnerved by the dark vigilante's sudden appearance, but soon recomposed himself. "...Ahem." He straightened one of his sleeves. "Despite your... pleasant surprise of an arrival, I'm not impressed, Mr. Requiem. I was expecting somebody more... menacing." He was doing his best to mask his terror. Every villain in the city's heard of this Requiem guy, and he's right there in front of Blockbuster, intend on kicking his ass... Or worse. He's understandably out of his pants.

"And furthermore, it's kind of rude to just hi-" He was interrupted by Flint socking him in the jaw, and then following it up with a kick to the kneecap. He was taked off guard by both, and the punch left visible cracks on his face. "...Big mistake, Glassjaw." He got back up, and rushed at Flint, releasing a sort of roar as he did. He aimed to tackle Flint, then follow up with a series of punches to the face.

Flint bent his knees slightly in preparation for the tackle, and it met him full on. Flint was lifted off his feet, but took the opportunity and slammed both fists into his opponent's back. Besides buckling slightly, he didn't seem to register the blow.
    Bot men were standing again as Bunkerbuster launched several punches at Flint's face. The first two caught and his head jerked side to side with the blow, but his own arm rushed up to meet the third punch and he blocked it. His free hand rushed to Bunkerbuster's gut and he delivered several rapid fire punches to his stomach before jumping back, and preparing himself again.

Bunkerbuster coughed after the barrage of punches he received. "You think you can win this, you son of a &!%@#? I've killed bigger c-capes than you, you know!" He spit at Flint. "And you're weak $#!% compared to th-them!" He shoved his hands into the ground, and tore a piece of concrete out from it. "Now chew on this!" He shouted, before throwing the slab at Lockjaw.

Berrendo, who was about twenty feet behind Bunkerbuster, decided now would be his moment to strike. Without shouting any hilarious quips that would give up his element of surprise, Berrendo ran forward, jumped up, and delivered a flying kick to the back of Bunkerbuster's neck. The Changed villain stumbled forward from this, letting out a grunt of surprise, as Berrendo flipped backwards and landed on his feet. "Just give it up, idiota."

Bunkerbuster rubbed the back of his neck, and his eyes widened. "You... you didn't..." He held something in front of his face. It looked like a piece of chipped concrete. "You... you chipped me? You chipped me!" He screamed as loud as he could, and charged at El Berrendo. Unfortunately for the grey behemoth, Berrendo was able to jump out of the way.

"Ok guys, beat him like a drum!"

"With pleasure."

Jack kicked his jetpack into high gear, flying above Bunkerbuster and unloading the rest of his raygun ammo. Damn... Guess I'll have to resort to more physical means. Jack flew down at high speeds, intent on tackling Bunkerbuster. He hoped it would give the rest of the team enough time to recover and attack, and even if it didn't he'd be taken by surprise.
    The real heroes.

Swordsman readied his sword, keeping a close eye on the movements of the huge lunk of a man, checking for any sign of weaknesses in the large man's natural armor. As strong as his sword was, that strength would be better dealt in one, finishing blow, rather than merely enraging the foe. As Jack swooped down toward Bunkerbuster, and their adversary turned to look at the incoming threat, he noticed that the chip from before that had sent Bunkerbuster into such a rage was growing larger as the wild man thrashed about.

Staying light on his feet, he kept ready for the most opportune moment to deliver a blow.

As the large chunk of concrete came flying towards Flint, he certainly didn't try and dodge or run away from the projectile.
    No he certainly didn't do that. In fact, the most that he moved was his foot, as it pivoted into a slightly more sturdy position.

And before the slab of rock could smash him across his face, his hands shot up and grabbed the rock, he was sent skidding back, holding onto the slab as he did, and within a few seconds he stopped and the slab, all it's momentum drained, fell to the ground where it came from.
    Flint climbed over the stone and ran towards the villain once more.

Thread Information