Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Golden Age: 7000000 Superior Human Beings

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Re: Golden Age: 7000000 Superior Human Beings

Reqiem prepared to dodge Bunkerbuster's punch, ready to throw down a smoke bomb and use fear to his advantage. He watched as the Changed drew back his fist...
    And promptly turned around to strike at Lockjaw.
    Had he been any other man, Requiem's jaw might have dropped.
    If all Changed are this stupid... he thought, switching out the smoke bomb for his grapnel gun. In the space of a moment, he had pulled the trigger, launching an electromagnetic clamp at Bunkerbuster's legs. With a twist of his wrist, the projectile curled in on itself, allowing the clamp to latch on to the cable and forming a tight loop around the Changed criminal's legs. Requiem saw Bunkerbuster turning, and pulled on the cable, sending him tumbling to the ground. Immediately afterward, he appeared on top of Bunkerbuster, landing a flying stomp to his solar plexus.
    "Rule one of personal combat," he growled, kneeling down and drawing back a punch. "Never turn your back on an enemy."
    With that, Requiem's fist began to drop, aiming for the bridge of Bunkerbuster's nose with enough force to give most men a serious concussion. Had he looked up, he would have seen that the diving Bronze Rocket was almost on top of him...

DarkruLegioSquallant Bias Mendicant Bias's Avatar

70 MPH... That'll put him on his a- Jack's thoughts were interrupted by Bunkerbuster suddenly trading places with Requiem, leaving him only seconds to react.

"Woah!" Jack yelled out as he narrowly swerved away from Requiem, barreling toward an office building at high speed. Aw, crap... Jack raised his arms in front of his face and braced for impact, flying through a window and knocking over several desks and coming to a stop in front of a horrified secretary. He picked himself up, clutching his side and wiping some blood off of his mouth. "Ma'am." He nodded toward the secretary and stumbled to the front door, not sure whether he'd be able to offer much more help in this fight.
    The real heroes.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Seeing that Bunkerbuster had fallen to the ground, Swordsman felt a small sense of relief that they were able to ground their opponent. It provided an advantage. However, he knew that Bunkerbuster was too stubborn to stay down that easily. And with Jack almost barreling into Requiem, it would be a miracle if he would stay down there at all. Bunkerbuster was strong, it was still possible that he could break the cable around his legs. Then what would happen?

Not wanting to find out, he approached the fallen Bunkerbuster, looking at Requiem, still on top of Bunkerbuster. "Do you need any assistance? Or are you fine?" he asked, though he still brought the edge of his sword near Bunkerbuster's neck.

((Meta-Mind brought to my attention that I derped. That should be fixed now))
    Last edited by SSBBrawler; April 28th, 2013 at 01:35 PM.

"He's gunna require assistance real soon, you jackass!" Bunkerbuster dodged the punch of Requiem, allowing his foe's fist to hit concrete. Then he headbutted, or attempted to headbutt, Requiem. After that stunning display of tactical genius, he pushed the cowled crusader off of his person, like some sort of old timey strongman pushing away a barbell. An evil old timey strongman. Then, in an amazing show of agility, he did a sort of breakdancing spin move, sweeping his legs at those supers who were around him, with the intent to knock them down. Then, he pushed himself to his feet, which were still tied, and did his best to keep his balance.

Meanwhile, El Berrendo was nowhere to be found. Perhaps he was lurking in the shadows, ready to strike at his terrible foe at any moment.
    Last edited by Kiwi; July 19th, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Bunkerbuster's head hit Requiem's cowl, causing the cowl to develop a hairline crack. Moments later, Requiem felt his opponent's absurdly strong hands lifting him into the air and off Bunkerbuster.
    I can't hurt him directly... but if I can set up for an ambush, I can plan a knockout move from there. Time to get out.
    After a moment's worth of struggling yielded no result, Requiem's hand managed to edge to his belt. There, he quickly edged his finger into the compartment holding his smoke pellets and knocked a few out. The result was a massive explosion of smoke and dust, causing Bunkerbuster to become extremely disoriented and most likely allowing the rough substance to fill his lungs and cause a substantial amount of pain. When the titan's grip loosened as a result, Requiem quickly slipped his grip and vanished, using his grapnel gun to ascend to a nearby lamp-post and observe.

[Sorry this took so long; I forgot for a while. The smoke from Requiem's smoke pellets won't impede things like X-Ray or infrared vision, but it will cause a substantial amount of pain to anyone that inhales it.]
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; August 12th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

Stepping out of the office building, Jack turned to check on the battle. From what he could see through the smoke, it did not appear to be going their way. Everyone that had been fighting Bunkerbuster was on the ground, besides Requiem, and Berrendo was MIA. First time I work on a team and this is what I get... Figures.

Running through the smoke with his arm over his face, he slid and grabbed a pistol from one of the dead police officers. He ran over to the lamp-post Requiem was perched on. "Hey, Requiem, you got a plan other than cheap smoke bombs? We could really use one right about now."
    The real heroes.

Requiem glanced down at the man addressing him.
    "Working on it," he said, glancing around the street. "Do you have sonic dampners in that helmet?"
    With everyone on the ground, there's no time to explain... I just have to make sure everyone else is out of range. But the only way to do that... hm. We'll see.

Luckily (and almost too coincidentally), Jack's helmet was within arm's reach. He grabbed it and slipped it on. The visor was cracked and the HUD was still glitchy. "It has them, but I'm virtually blind in it at the moment. Whatever you're doing, I won't be able to assist." Jack stepped back to give Requiem room to work.
    The real heroes.

Requiem quickly glanced back as Jack put on the helmet.
    "Good," he said, turning back towards the battle with Bunkerbuster. Swinging to the ground, he took care to use various obstacles such as buildings and fire hydrants for cover as he moved back towards the battle.
    The cowled crusader did, in fact, have a plan.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Swordsman had managed to avoid completely falling over, managing to roll backwards upon hitting the ground, allowing him to stand up soon after the initial hit. However, the hit was surprisingly fast and powerful, his legs were now aching. He grit his teeth, trying to shut out the pain as he prepared his sword. Requiem had just escaped from Bunkerbuster's grasp, and the smoke from the bomb filled the air. He had been knocked out of the range of the body of the smoke cloud by Bunkerbuster's attack, so he wasn't affected too much by it.

As he stood back, he retook his battle stance, and looked around for any sign of Requiem and the others. El Berrendo was missing, and Requiem and Jack were standing by a streetlight. Seeing that Requiem was heading back into battle, with a decisiveness that suggested a plan, he decided to contribute his worth. He leapt upwards, and swung his sword's blade toward Bunkerbuster's right shoulder. He guessed that Bunkerbuster, like the majority of people, was right-handed, and wanted to cripple his strong hand, which would make the rest of the fight far more easy.
    Last edited by SSBBrawler; August 12th, 2013 at 10:14 PM.

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

"They're raw, uncomfortable. I'd hardly call it a team."

The man adjusted his binoculars with a grimace.

"I'm beginning to think this was a bad idea."

The man was dressed simply, inconspicuously. His build was heavily muscled, his proportions almost exaggerated. One got the impression he was used to physical activity. He was not a man in the prime of his youth, as evidenced by the gray creeping into his temples. But his face, still with a touch of innocent boyishness, revealed a man by no means old.

From his perch on a distant rooftop, the shadowy figure surveyed the battle, muttering to himself discontentedly. "Young idiots don't know what they're doing - heck, I don't know what I'm doing here. Might as well see what happens."
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Bunkerbuster wasn't paying much attention to swordsman, so the hero's attack made contact. It wasn't able to sever the arm, but it made a gash about an inch deep. Bunkerbuster screamed, "You wannabe samurai piece of sh-!" When suddenly, out of nowhere, a fire hydrant went flying at the back Bunkerbuster's head, chipping him slightly and making him stumble forwards, which also deepened the sword's cut, thus making it successful in cutting off Bunkerbuster's use of his right arm. Go team!
    "W-who the hell did tha-"
    "It was I, El Berrendo!" He was standing next to a new fountain of water, created by the lack of a fire hydrant where it should be. Instead, it had been kicked at Bunkerbuster by the strong legged hero. "Now, you face da feet defeat!"

He ran forward, and attempted to jump kick the concrete criminal. Unfortunately, he saw this coming a kilometer away, and grab the hero's leg midair, with his good arm. He then swung him like some sort of antelope-themed ragdoll at the Swordsman, using the last of his strength in a last-ditch clubbing maneuver.

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

"You got that right! Bunch of newbs. I don't know what they think they're doin'!" Captain Man sauntered up behind the shadowy rooftop figure, having decided to survey the area from another rooftop and just happening to notice the other guy. "Wait... I should be helping them, shouldn't I?" He made some completely unnecessary hand motions and redirected the newly formed geyser, forming a thin wall of water that would catch El Berrendo and, hopefully, slow him down enough to stop his collision with the Swordsman. "Now! What were we talking about, again? Name's Captain Super Ultra Turbo Amazing Man, by the way.""
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

"Wait a minute. One, two, three, four, five, six..."

"You got that right! Bunch of newbs. I don't know what they think they're doin'!

The figure cringed inwardly as he realized his mistake. He remained standing with his back to the Captain, even as a torrent of water rocketed past him. "I reckon that'd be his daily power, then. Captain Super Ultra-"

"Now! What were we talking about, again? Name's Captain Super Ultra Turbo Amazing Man, by the way." Yes, that would be him.

Without turning or removing his binoculars, the man responded in a low drawl. "Nice to meet you there, Cap. I think we were talking about the young amateurs down there." This was an awkward intrusion - he hadn't been expecting to make contact yet. Best to resolve the conversation quickly and make a graceful exit.

FATE/SPLINTERED

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

((Er, I'd intended for Cap to manipulate the water from the fire hydrant Berrendo threw, so it wouldn't go near the shadowy guy, but this doesn't change much, so...
    Anywho, I was able to post sooner than I'd thought, so that's good))

Captain Man examined the mysterious figure. He clearly hadn't intended for anyone to see him, so Cap decided he'd make this quick. "I assume, judging from the fact that you seem to be come sort of Obi-Wan type guy watching the battle from afar, that you're either a mysterious benefactor who arranged this whole team for a greater true purpose that we won't find out for a while, or the true villain of the story, who's about to suddenly off the comic relief to establish the dark andedgy tone of the story..." He paused and scratched his head. "Geez, I knew I watched waaaaay too much TV, but my problem is clearly worse than I'd thought. Since you're probably about to sneak off, could I ask what your name is, or at least if there's anything I could call you? Sorry, but I'd be really bothered if I had to keep calling you Mr. Shadowy Mysterious Figure all the time.""
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

The figure chuckled. "Well, I don't know that it'd do you too much harm to know my name, except that there are a couple of fellas down there that would probably perk up if you were to mention it." He turned to face the Captain for the first time. "Tell you what. You can call me Jim for now, 'least till we get a chance to be more properly acquainted." He returned to watching the battle play out in the streets below. But his voice was still directed at Cap.

"Son, you've got a sense of humor, and I admire that. But life isn't a comic book. Even with all these costumes, and powers, and super-heroes tearing up the sky. That's not reality. That's the world trying desperately to escape from itself, tryin' to crawl back into the land of make-believe and fairy tales." He smiled, but it was a smile laced with pain. "I suppose you'll learn that if you stick around this buisness long enough."

The man replaced the binoculars over his eyes and continued his observation, a sheepish grin plastered over his boyish face. "Sorry. Didn't mean to go on like that. I've got too much time to think, there's my problem."

FATE/SPLINTERED

Glancing around at the situation once more, Requiem took in the chaos. A quick visual check confirmed that Captain Man was missing, and Jack Jones Junior was all but blinded in his helmet. El Berrendo, Swordsman, and Lockjaw were taking turns engaging and re-engaging Bunkerbuster, and Number Nine was standing off to the side almost awkwardly.
    Swinging up behind her with his grapnel gun, Requiem reached into his utility belt and pulled out his spare pair of self-sealing earplugs. Handing them to the superheroine, the caped avenger paused just a moment before once again disappearing from view.
    "Put these in," he said, "and get ready to scream at my signal."
    With that handled, Requiem quickly vanished, once again taking to the shadows to analyze the situation.
    Jones is out of commission, Captain Man is missing, and Number Nine is taken care of. The only three team members left are Lockjaw, the antelope, and Swordsman - but they're all working hard to keep Bunkerbuster busy, and I have no time to explain my plan - soon enough, somebody'll get tired or sloppy, and the fight will start resulting in civilian casualties.
    The cowled crusader's jaw tightened with resolve.
    I'll just have to move fast.
    As Berrendo, Swordsman, and Bunkerbuster were all engaged in intense close combat (and therefore unlikely to notice him), Requiem swung over and dropped into the shadows behind Lockjaw. Moving quickly and silently, he grabbed the Changed around his head, sealing off his mouth and therefore preventing him from making a noise as Requiem yanked him into the alley. Continuing to act as quickly as possible, he would keep the surprised Lockjaw's mouth clamped tightly shut as he slammed him into the wall, striking at various pressure points with the gauntlet blades on his free hand in an attempt to render the other hero unconscious.
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; August 22nd, 2013 at 05:50 PM.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Lockjaw, who had been circling the battle scene, looking for an opening to strike, was taken by surprise when someone grabbed him from behind, shoving an arm into his mouth (pretty simple silencing maneuver, he thought) and began dragging him into an alleyway. His arms darted behind him to try and grab the assailant, but alas, they were too muscled to reach.
    His first thought would be that Bunkerbuster was working with someone, he didn't seem the type but it wasn't out of the realm of possibility. The assailant seemed to be trying to pull him into the alleyway, Lockjaw didn't fight any more than was necessary to avert suspicion. But as the two neared a wall, something Lockjaw had a sneaking suspicion the assailant was about to use to take him out, Lockjaw made his move, faster than would seem possible of a man his size, he turned around, slamming his back into the wall, along with whomever was on it. Placing his foot squarely on the assailant's knee, and biting his arm for good measure, Lockjaw pushed himself off of the wall and free from the assailant's grasp. Seeing who the assailant was, Lockjaw grimaced, this entire team deal was beginning to seem like a bad idea.

Lockjaw turned on the night vision function of his goggles, something that would help him fight against such a stealthy opponent, and instantly threw a punch at Requiem, who dodged at the last second, leaving Flint's fist to slam directly into wall behind him, shattering the brickwork. Lockjaw turned, attempting to find the slippery attacker when an impact from behind alerted him to his presence. Lockjaw swung a fist behind and Requiem barely made it under the attack, taking the moment to attack Lockjaw's knees. Lockjaw stumbled momentarily but recovered nonetheless. Requiem was becoming harder and harder to keep track of but another hit from behind let Lockjaw know he was keeping to Lockjaw's back.
    Lockjaw repeated his fist swing, almost exactly the same as the previous one and when Requiem attempted to repeat his own maneuver Lockjaw's second hand sped to meet him, grabbing him by the throat, Lockjaw squeezed and backed him against the wall, ominously close to the dent he had previously made.
    "What's your game Requiem, you don't seem the type to be helping Bunkerbuster, so why are you doing this."

The captured non-Changed opened his mouth as if he were about to answer, and then a bright flash blinded Lockjaw, the night vision working terribly against him, and he loosened his grip enough for Requiem to slip out, five impacts later and Lockjaw was slammed against the wall, falling unconscious.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

Requiem blinked the spots out of his own eyes as the spent shell of his flashbang grenade quickly dissolved on the ground - though his lenses were designed to darken in those situations, the switch out of night-vision mode had taken half an instant too long, causing the cowled crusader to be momentarily blinded as well. However, the cowled crusader's gambit was working so far: most of the team was either protected or out of the way. Dragging the unconscious Lockjaw over to a wall, Requiem quickly bound him with a small amount of his liquid cable - it wouldn't hold him for long once he awoke, but that was unlikely to happen for at least another ten minutes.
    And that's all the time I need, Requiem thought, already preparing another canister of liquid cable and drawing his grapnel gun once more...

Nine nodded and placed the earplugs on her ears. As she did, the world around her dampened as if affected by a low pass filter. The sounds of metal against granite dissapeared, replaced by the vague thumping of heavy footsteps. If she were to use her powers, she would feel nothing at all. And despite her vision being unimpeded, she felt blind to the world.
    Berrendo and Swordsman seemed to be keeping Bunkerbuster under relative control. Nine stayed put and waited for Requiem's signal.

The hell am I doing? I shouldn't take orders from some clown in a cape. He wants to boss me around? Me!? Does he have any idea who I am? Screw his plan. I'm taking this guy down myself.

Jack lept into action. He knew every second wasted, Bunkerbuster was recuperating. Tossing his helmet to the ground for the second time that day, he took off his jetpack, pressing a green button on the side. As he aimed the tip of the pack towards Bunkerbuster, a countdown from 5 began. 5... 4...

"Hey, Gravel-mouth!"3...2...

"Eat this!" 1... 0.

Jack released his grip, and the jetpack-turned-missile flew, at full speed, straight at Bunkerbuster.
    The real heroes.

Thread Information