Golden Age: 7000000 Superior Human Beings

Golden Age

7000000 Superior Human Beings

Spoiler: Story 

Spoiler: Setting 

Spoiler: Rules and the Superhero Code 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Characters 
    Last edited by Kiwi; March 3rd, 2013 at 06:59 PM.

Re: Golden Age: 7000000 Superior Human Beings

Issue 1
    The Seven: Year One

New Cleveland. A city bustling with activity, with life... and crime. Evil lives in this city, entrenched in it, ruining the lives of many. Thankfully, where there is evil there is good, and New Cleveland is no exception. For you see, it is also home to heroes, people who fight in the name of good. This is the story of seven of those heroes, who decided that together they could stand against evil, and change the world for the better. Although they are quite different, come from different backgrounds and have different ideals, they all agree that they cannot sit by as their city descends further into darkness.

~~~~

Aaron Alvarado, or should I say El Berrendo, was in an alley. The alley was on the city docks, between two warehouses. Moonlight lit the area, and highlighted his dark tan costume. It was getting late, and he was growing a bit impatient. He pulled up his sleeve to check his watch. "It's already nine-thirty. Where are they?" He looked out of the alley, trying to see if anybody else had arrived. "I thought we all agreed to be here by nine." He checked his watch again, and sighed. If it's gonna be like this every meeting, we might as well not even form a team, he thought.

It was only a week ago that Aaron had contacted the other six members of the new team. They all, eventually, agreed to join, and meet up at the docks at this date and time.

((Just to clarify: Your character has to have met El Berrendo before, but it's up to you whether they know anybody else.))
    Last edited by Kiwi; March 3rd, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

As soon as Aaron finished his thought a figured entered the alleyway in something between a leap and a fall from one of the nearby buildings. The thud produced was breathtaking in it's volume. Getting up to his full height, Flint Collins, AKA scanned the alleyway and the street outside it. As it would appear he didn't find anything of interest because he just leaned up against one of the brick walls that composed the alley itself, ignoring El Berrendo, or at the least, not finding him all that interesting as said.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

A dark blur was rushing across the low rooftops of nearby storage areas and stores, pursuing a fleeing figure on the ground below. The blur closed in more and more on the figure below. This blur was Swordsman, chasing after an armed robber who had just held up a nearby gas station. Unfortunately for the robber, Author had been nearby and was able to witness the event. He had quickly changed into Swordsman and quickly pursued after the criminal, despite having to be late for a very important meeting. He figured that the others would understand.

A katana was attached to his belt, but it remained in its sheath. Swordsman knew that this man would not need to be dealt with a sword, his own strength would be enough, and the police would be able to arrest the robber. Already, he could hear their sirens blaring as they approached from the center of town. Lunging forward, he leapt off the building and tackled into the robber, who quickly fell to the ground with a gasp. Swordsman quickly hoisted the man up, twisting the man's arm to prevent him from escaping without dislocating a joint. "You've failed," Swordsman said, "The police will be here soon. You should have thought about this more."

The man cussed and yelled at Swordsman until, at last, the police arrived and took the criminal off Swordsman's hands. Now he was free to head to the meeting point, an alley that was ten minutes away from where he was. He began to run quickly to the meeting point, and arrived just as El Berrendo finished his sentence.

DarkruLegioSquallant Bias Mendicant Bias's Avatar

As Aaron finished his thoughts, a bright light zoomed by him going incredibly fast.

Jack Jones Jr, AKA The Bronze Rocket, had arrived.

Curving up sharply, Jack performed a large loop in the air and landed next to Aaron and Swordsman. "Hey, this is the superhero team, right? Or is this the AA meeting? You know, I always get those confused." Jack chuckled at his own little joke and had a seat on a nearby crate, removing his helmet and deactivating his jetpack.
    Last edited by Mendicant Bias; March 15th, 2013 at 10:31 AM.
    The real heroes.

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

In an alleyway not far from where El Berrendo stood, two strongly-muscled men stood over a lone citizen. The citizen was sharply dressed, but something - possibly the crowbar held in one of the men's muscle-bound fists - had ripped a hole through his dress shirt and left a nasty scrape underneath. Fear filled the citizen's eyes as he scrambled back against a wall, unable to get to his feet with his assailants standing over him.
    "Wh - what do you want with me?" he sputtered, trying to hide behind his suitcase. This objective failed miserably, as one swipe of the crowbar flung the suitcase away, leaving one of his hands a bloody mess in the process.
    The second thug, standing behind the one with a crowbar, gestured with a gun. For a moment, its red laser dot swept over the man's forehead, causing his eyes to grow even wider.
    "We want what you got," said the thug to his hostage. Turning to his partner for a moment, he trained his weapon on the civilian before continuing.
    "Go check his suitcase, Jo'," said the man with the gun. His partner complied, walking over to where the suitcase had landed. The man with the gun trained his sights on his target for another moment, ensuring he had a steady bead on him - he didn't want to run the risk of the hostage getting away, now did he?
    A long moment passed, with no sounds but the ragged breathing of the captured civilian.
    "Jo'?"
    The man with the gun took his sights off the hostage and glanced over at the suitcase - or rather, where the suitcase had been. Now, there was nothing there but a heap of garbage from the overflowing Dumpster.
    After a moment of searching around, the thug with the gun looked up and squeaked. Hanging from a building above him, suspended from his ankles, was the other thug, his crowbar left on the ground at his partner's feet. Somehow, he was wrapped in some sort of black cable, obscuring the blue bulletproof vest he wore. His eyes met his partner's, and both went wide with fear.
    With a distinctly non-manly gasp, the man with the gun began to run out of the alley. He had heard the rumors... and there was only one man in New Cleveland who incapacitated his targets quite like that.
    The thug didn't make it very far, however, before something wrapped around his ankles, tripping him up and causing him to drop his gun. He rolled to his back, eyes already widening, as the silouhette of a spread cloak obscured the moonlight behind him...
    ...And then everything went black.
    The man with the cloak landed gently and lightly on his feet, hardly making a sound. The impression of a rubber-soled boot was now visible on his target's face as he kneeled, already pulling a capsule of some kind from his belt. Pulling some kind of trigger on the capsule, the man held it up to his target and began to silently wrap it around him. As it went, the tiny capsule left some kind of black cable - identifiable as the same type that kept the unconscious thug's partner hanging from the rooftop above.
    Turning around, the man in black walked slowly to the quivering hostage. His eyes were still wide with fear, but there was also hope there. Like the dispatched thug, he had heard the rumors... but he had thought that the Black Knight never showed up this far north.
    "Wh - what the hell are you?" the former hostage asked. The recipient of his question stared at him for a long moment before replying with a single word.
    "Requiem."
    With that, the cloaked man pulled a small, spherical object from his belt. He paused for a moment before saying more.
    "Can you walk?"
    The man's eyes were still wide, but there was more wonder now than fear. Unable to make his voice sound quite right, he settled for a simple nod.
    Without saying another word, the black knight tossed the sphere he held onto the ground. A dark cloud filled the alley, leaving the civilian coughing. By the time the smoke cleared, the man's suitcase was sitting on the ground next to him, looking none the worse for wear.
    Out in the streets, two unconscious thugs hung from a shining streetlight. And Requiem was nowhere to be found.
    A short distance away, the cloaked crusader perched on top of a building, peering down into a nearby alleyway. His right hand held a device not unlike a set of binoculars, and his left hand was held to that side of his midnight-black cowl.
    Do I really want to go through with this? he asked himself for what had to be the four hundred and ninety-eighth time. From the looks of it, everyone showing up is one of... them. I don't know if I can trust them - what if this is all a setup?
    Requiem considered his options briefly, moving his left hand to adjust the zoom of his hand-held device. At the moment, it looked as though only three people had arrived, and of those, two had just shown up themselves. The dark avenger took a moment to ensure he knew those present, and remembered the strategies he had worked out while on patrol the night before.
    Alright. The first one, over there at the alley's end, goes by El Berrendo. He has superhuman running speed and an absurd amount of leg strength, but has no other abilities. I think... yes, he was why I made sure to upgrade my grapnel gun. At that speed, tripping him up would be an effective, if embarrassing, method of handling him.
    The cloaked crusader shifted his viewfinder to the second man to arrive. He was absurdly muscular and burly, but looked rather slow in comparison to the other two men present.
    The second one... I think he calls himself Lockjaw. His body composition is something very much like metal, and he's much stronger than the average human as a result. Good thing I remembered to bring extra smoke bombs and flashbangs; I'd have to slowly wear him down in close combat. If I can get in a good hit with my forearm blades, I can probably incapacitate him by striking the same locations I would normally hit with an elbow strike.
    Requiem adjusted his viewfinder once more, focusing on the third man to arrive. A rather sharp-looking katana was strapped to his back, made of a fine metal which glinted in the light of the nearby streetlights.
    The third one, the one who just came in... he looks like he'd give me a bit of trouble. Assuming he's the Swordsman, his blade could probably rip my body armor to shreds with a few good hits. If necessary, I could get in close and cut under the range of his sword, but there's the problem of his superhuman speed and agility. He's definitely a good reason that I brought the extra length of grapnel cable today; I'll have to make sure he can't block my getaway if I need a quick escape.
    Having already assessed the superhumans present and found only three, Requiem was not unduly surprised to see a bright blur swoop by the mantelope. Deactivating his viewfinder's night vision to avoid being blinded, the black knight watched as the blur slowed, resolving into a lone man and doing a flip in the air...
    They invited him? Requiem thought in shock as he watched the figure land. Jack Jones Junior? His ego already has a BMI of 30, so what idiot decided to put him on a team of heroes? He'll probably make the whole group crash and burn at least twice.
    Although... at least he's not one of
    them. If I can find a way to appeal to his mammoth ego, I can probably get him to keep his mouth shut if I use him as a confidante. Besides, Jones Power Company has almost as much money as Jackson Incorporated... but finding a way to get him to keep his mouth shut for good would probably put too much of a tax on my resources to make that worthwhile.
    Assuming I can't get him on my side - and he seems like the type to turn traitor if he's offered a big enough chance at fame and recognition - I'd have to get in close. As much as I hate to say it, he might be hard to beat - he flies too fast for me to lock on to him with anything, and can jet out of range if I try to get in close. If necessary, I suppose I can always pull out that prototype Charles showed me the other day. Whether or not it could keep up to him maneuverability-wise is a problem, but those tracking rockets could do a number on his equipment.

Somewhat satisfied that he had analyzed Jones Junior - though still somewhat uneasy, since he had yet to devise a concrete strategy for beating him in an emergency - Requiem returned his visor's view to the mouth of the alley, already retracting the device's zoom to keep an eye out for the next arrival...

Far above the alley, atop one of the warehouses surrounding it, sat Jane Evans, also known as Number Nine. She waited patiently for the others to arrive; it's always awkward to be the first one to arrive.
    She checked her watch: it was 9:30. She had all but decided she was going to jump, awkwardness be damned, when she heard the thud. Someone had beaten her to it. More specifically, a burly, heavy guy with a lot of pockets.
    It was barely half a second later when she saw a blur enter the alley at an impossible speed.
    'Too bad', she thought. She was planning on being the second one. But she guessed settling for third wasn't that bad.
    She dropped down onto the alley. She was agile enough to know how and where to fall, and, like a cat, she landed on her feet. Standing up, she examined the three heroes in the alley. She had met El Berrendo before, but the others were unknown to her. 'Evening, gentlemen', she said to them. Or more accurately, she telepathically relayed to them. The difference was negligible to her.
    Last edited by Jeff Andonuts; March 4th, 2013 at 06:03 PM.

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a majestic figure came soaring over the waves. CAPTAIN SUPER ULTRA TURBO AMAZING MAN glided through the water at breakneck speed, his stunning, chiseled figure piercing the ocean. The gathered superheroes swooned as he leaped gracefully into the alley, his sheer beauty illuminating his surroundings.

...That had been what Captain Man had pictured happening when he decided to make his entrance by sea, but of course things didn't work out as planned. Having a random super power every day sounds cool, but in reality, you're bound to get a brand new power every time- a brand new power you get a day to figure out how to use effectively. Captain Man had failed to do this yet again, and came flopping onto the dock like a drunk octopus. He staggered into the alley and leaned casually on the wall, hoping no one had seen that (they definitely all did). "H-Heeeyyyy! Whaaat's up, guys?"
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

Swordsman looked at the group of heroes that stood in the alleyway. Several of their entrances had been... lacking, and he felt irritated that they didn't seem very capable heroes. Still, he knew that he had no real choice in this matter, he had been informed that he would have no choice in the matter. How unfortunate, he thought to himself, a look of disappointment and irritation on his face, hidden beneath his mask. Folding his arms, he leaned against the nearest wall.

It wasn't a total loss, he figured. The woman who had floated down seemed competent, and the one who had arrived before him also seemed to be fairly serious, which was always a good thing. However, there was someone missing... Who? Straightening away from the alley's wall, he looked around at the skyline, looking for a figure that would suggest someone else in the area. As he scanned around, he could have sworn he saw a small blur of movement. Frowning slightly, he decided that a counter would be better for this situation should it be required. With that done, he leaned against the wall once more, making sure to keep ready in case he needed to attack quickly.

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Spotting Number Nine as she dropped into the alley, Requiem refocused his visor on the latest arrival.
    That would be... Number Nine, I believe? If I recall, she has a sonic scream of sorts. She should be fairly simple - my sonic-dampening earplugs can hold off her screaming for a bit in an emergency, and if I can stun her with flashbangs or just get the drop on her, I won't even have that problem to deal with.
    Turning his visor away from Nine, the cloaked avenger spotted another figure just flopping into the alleyway. He zoomed in a bit, focusing on the man's face...
    Underneath his cowl, a bead of sweat ran down Requiem's brow.
    "Not this guy..." he muttered to himself, zooming his visor in almost to its limit and reaching for his communicator. There was no doubt about it - before him was possibly the most frightening superhuman in all of New Cleveland.
    It was Captain Super Ultra Turbo Amazing Man.
    The black knight's brain clicked into high gear on instinct, running through what he knew about "Captain Man."
    Civilian alias Elliot Bradley. Power changes daily, costume reflects current power...
    Requiem made a mental note of the man's latest emblem, the structure of a water molecule. Details like these could be vital if a fight broke out, or if Captain Super Ultra Turbo Amazing Man turned out to be a traitor.
    Usually unskilled with current power, but relies upon it nonetheless. Hm... if I can trick him into using his power before any confrontation, perhaps I can get an estimate of what it does and plan accordingly. If he relies upon his powers, I can probably get the best of him in close combat...
    With a start, the cloaked figure realized that there were six people waiting in the alley - all of the assembled "heroes" were here. The only one missing was... Requiem himself.
    Alright, let's jump right in, then...
    Taking a deep breath to steel his nerves, the cowled man dove from the edge of the gargoyle, spreading his cloak wide as he did so. A slight blur was visible on the way down, but nothing was obvious - or, really, noticeable - until the cloaked avenger had landed. Landing on his hands, Requiem went into a low shoulder roll, coming up in a crouch at the mouth of the alley with his cloak spread wide. A few moments later, he rose, silhouetted by the glow of the outside streetlights.
    "You called," he said simply. It wasn't a question.
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; March 5th, 2013 at 06:53 PM.

Jack began to clap and whistle. "Bravo! Bravo! Splendid entrance! Needs a little work on the dismount, but otherwise fantastic!" Jack grinned widely and looked around at the team that had assembled. "So, this is the rest of the Seven, huh? It's nice to meet you all! I'm the Bronze Rocket, but you probably already knew that, didn't you?" Jack got up and walked over to El Berrendo."So, gazelle-boy, what now? We all exchange numbers, share origin stories, maybe go get dinner somewhere?"
    Last edited by Mendicant Bias; March 15th, 2013 at 10:31 AM.
    The real heroes.

El Berrendo looked around at the now fully assembled team. Not the most... remarkable group of supers out there, but it still had potential. At least that's what he thought.

He stood up straight, up from against the wall, and walked into the center of the group. "To answer your question, Rocket," he turned to face Jack, "I think the first order of business should be me telling you guys all the information you'll need to know about this team. Sound good?" He motioned to the building he was leaning on. "This abandoned, dusty old warehouse will be our base of operations. I call it Warehouse 7. Because we're The Seven, so I thought it fit. Let's go in, shall we?" He entered into the building through a side door in the alley, and motioned for the other to follow.

Inside was an empty warehouse, save for a few racoons. "Now I know what you're thinking," said Berrendo, "'This is just an old warehouse'. Well, yes. It is. But that's not all! Watch as I push... this button!" He felt around the wall next to the door for a bit, before finding the button in question. "Behold!" He pushed the button, and for a moment, nothing happened. Visibly confused and embarrassed, Berrendo pushed the button a few more times in quick succession.

"Heheh, this should be worki-" He was cut off by the sound of machinery, and a secret trapdoor opening up in the middle of the floor. Inside was a staircase downwards. "Ah, there it is." He led the rest of the team down the stairs. "This is our base. I had my friend, Techie, get us the best stuff for it. High-tech computer, a robot butler, the works. Really, it's the best base a team just starting out could have. At least that's what Techie said. He could be lying. He does that. Anyway, feel free to look around!"

At the bottom of the staircase was a large room, full of computers and other such equipment, along with a little lounge-ish area (TV and whatnot. Pretty chill.). There was a hallway, leading to seven rooms, one for each of the gathered heroes, and each door having their hero's emblem on it (And if said hero lacked an emblem, something else to represent them). Another hallway led to the utilities and other miscellaneous rooms, like the showers, the gym, the kitchen, etc.

"So, uh, yeah! Like I said, best I could afford on my meager, meager salary. And also the money the city gave me for destroying that giant robot, but I digress. Now then, make yourselves at home, get to know each other, etc. etc. I will be looking around for that robot butler I was promised, if you need me." And with that, Aaron started looking for that robot butler he was promised.
    Last edited by Kiwi; March 7th, 2013 at 11:08 PM.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Flint began to look around the main room, scratching his chin a bit as he did. He seemed, well, mildly impressed.
    "Could use a radio." he muttered to himself.
    He wandered about, clicking on remotes, clacking on keyboards, a general test of item functionality for most of the items in the room. Circling back to the group, he looked at the group of assembled people.
    "I guess," he said to them, "that if we plan to work as a team - we should probably do introductions first. Find ways to combine our strengths. That is, of course, unless all of us have already done extensive research on each other before hand." Beneath his goggles, his eyes shifted over at Requiem. "Lockjaw, skin's as tough as nails. Any other takers?"

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Captain Man laughed heartily. He almost wanted to make fun of this guy's bizarre diction, but it probably wouldn't be in his best interest to insult the others right off the bat. "Nope! Haven't researched in the slightest. Just in case anyone else did what I did, I'm Captain Super Ultra Turbo Amazing Man, or Captain Man for short. My super power and weakness (which temporarily neutralizes my power) change to something completely different every night at midnight. Usually, I can figure out the power pretty quickly using my emblem and a bit of experimentation- for example, my current power's water control, and maaaybe underwater breathing?- but I can't tell what my weakness is until it comes into play. Make sense?"
    Last edited by Snickerway; March 7th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

Swordsman ignored the others, and began to walk towards the hallway that led to the individual rooms. Looking around, he figured that his door was the one that was completely black. Opening the door, he found himself in an average-sized room. An unobtrusive bed was in the far corner, with a desk next to it and a powerful-looking computer. There was a bookshelf next to the desk, but it was unfortunately empty. The carpet was black, an oddly pleasing-to-the-eyes shade, with light grey walls. It was made darker than the lounge outside for this reason, but it wasn't too obtrusive. Another door was in the back of the room, leading to a personal bathroom that was rather luxurious.

A sword stand stood next to the bed, as if waiting for his katana to be placed in it. Taking his sword and sheath from his belt, he placed it in the stand, where a strange green barrier surrounded it. Not knowing what it was, he grabbed his sword and pulled. It came out effortlessly. He assumed that the green barrier was to prevent anyone else from taking his sword.

With a sigh, he returned the sword to the stand, then reached up to take his helmet off. His face shiny with sweat, the one downside to wearing a helmet such as his, he took his gloves off and wiped his face with his hands, then headed into the bathroom to take a shower.
    Last edited by SSBBrawler; March 7th, 2013 at 11:42 PM.

Aaron was in his room. It was the first one on the left, and also the one with his logo on the door (Each room had a way to identify whose room it was on the door, for convenience). Having found the robot butler he was promised, he wanted to do something more productive. So, he was at his desk, writing on a sheet of paper. Well, less writing than drawing. Specifically, he was trying to design a logo for The Seven. After all, all the best teams had some sort of logo, whether it be a four in a circle, or and A in a circle, or an X in a circle. Point is, there was probably going to be a circle involved somewhere.

He then overheard some of the others, in the main room, giving introductions. He figured he should join in too, because it seemed sort of fun. So, he put down his pencil, crumpled up the paper, and threw it in a waste bin as he left his room. He approached the others.

"I suppose it's my turn, right? Well, you all know me, I guess. After all, I'm the one who put this team together, so if you didn't know me, why would you be here? Haha. Anyway, yeah, El Berrendo's the name. But, like I said, you know that. You can just call me Berrendo or B, though. My only real powers are super legs and an upbeat attitude, but I think that's all I really need! I'm really looking forward to working with all of you on a regular basis." And with that, his short introduction was over.

Jack figured there was no need for an introduction on his part. He was the most conspicuous of the assembled heroes, after all. He decided to follow Swordsman's lead and check out his room.

Entering the hallway, he saw a large bronze door with a rocket carved into it. "Hm. Subtle." He opened the door and walked into his room. It was fairly-sized, with tan walls and a few paintings on the walls of various flying vehicles. There was a large TV on the wall and a rack for his jetpack and gear, but otherwise the room was very Victorian-styled. There was a A small, copper colored contraption sat upon his desk. Jack walked over and pulled a small, green lever on the side. The machine whirred and beeped, and Jack jumped briefly. A bronzed mug popped out of the machine, and dark brown liquid poured into the cup. A small steam whistle sounded when the mug was full. "Holy crap, this is great." Jack took the coffee and went over to the equipment rack. His jetpack sat perfectly on the rack, and his raygun fit like a glove in it's case. "A bit worrisome that all of my equipment fits so well... Who got those measurements, exactly?"

Content with his newfound secret lair, Jack decided to snoop around the rest of the base. Sipping his coffee, he walked into the main room and jumped onto the couch. He grabbed the remote and turned on the television, flipping to a financial show. JPC stocks were down 4.7 points. "Ouch." Jack switched off the TV and finished off his coffee. He was getting worried, in spite of himself. JPC stocks hadn't gone up more than 2 points in about two weeks now. Oh well, couldn't bother himself with that now. He hopped up and walked over to the other supers to join in the conversation. Wouldn't hurt to hear about his new team's abilities.
    Last edited by Mendicant Bias; March 15th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
    The real heroes.

After El Berrendo's introduction, Nine had heard enough. She simply said, I'm Number Nine, and my voice is supersonic', and retired to her quarters, not because she wasn't interested in the others, but because their demeanour told her everything she needed to know about them. The only one left shrouded in mystery was the man with the katana.
    As for the man in black, the last one to arrive, she had heard... rumours. Rumour had it that he immobilised his opponents with black cable. Rumour had it that no criminal stood a chamce against him. Rumour had it that he was prepared for absolutely everything.
    And she wasn't sure she wanted to know anything else about him.
    She walked down the hallway and into her room, through a simple wooden door marked with a gothic '9'. She was pleasantly surprised: the room was a masterpiece of ornate austere, simple and yet beautiful, satisfying every need she could ever have and a few wants as well.
    She sat down at her desk, illuminated by a desk lamp, placed to the right so as to comfortably accomodate her left arm for writing. The walls were covered in wood, or at least they seemed so: it was probably a wallpaper, although a very realistic one. A bookshelf, containing a few, dusty volumes, adorned the space opposite her.
    The desk had a small base, which she found was perfect for her computer, and little else: above it, on the wall, was a small rack, which she soon occupied with her mask. She sat back on her chair and told herself to relax: she felt right at home.
    Last edited by Jeff Andonuts; March 8th, 2013 at 07:10 PM.

Requiem trailed the group into the warehouse, taking his time and watching for traps. Without outwardly giving the appearance of being particularly vigilant, his keen eyes scanned every feature he noticed, analyzing it and saving it for later use. When the team of heroes entered the warehouse, the dark avenger went instantly on high alert.
    This would be the best place for an ambush... he thought, allowing his head to turn casually as he scanned the dark interior. Every muscle in his body tensed invisibly as he prepared to ward off an assault, and his ears strained as he focused, picking out every little sound that could imply the scraping of a boot or the padding of feet. His hands casually inched up towards his belt, and he propped one casually on his grapnel, ensuring for the fiftieth time that it was in working order. For the entire time Aaron was groping around to open the trapdoor, Requiem stood prepared for an ambush - or worse, a betrayal.
    None came.
    Walking down the trapdoor into the Seven's new headquarters, the cowled man skirted around the edge of the conversing group in hopes of avoiding interaction. He still didn't trust these... "superhumans," no matter how affable they acted, so instead he opted to scan the room, looking for angles of escape or combat. When several pairs of eyes were abruptly trained on him, however, Requiem stopped.
    What lie do I tell? he thought. His mind raced as he considered how to answer - what if these "superhumans" looked down on "normal" men as much as he feared and distrusted them? After a moment, he reached a decision.
    "Requiem," he said shortly. "Stealth, reflexes, strength."
    It's close enough to true - I can hit harder and lift more than most men, and my training gave me skill in stealth - but they didn't come upon their "powers" the way I worked for my skills.
    Without another word, the cowled man turned and headed down the hall. He noted that his room was at the end of the hallway, near a blank wall, and tensed under his armor.
    If I have to escape, I'd have to fight my way through everyone in the base to get out... he thought.
    As Requiem stood, he felt something tap his shoulder. Startled, it took all his willpower not to immediately grab the offending something and flip it into the wall. Instead, however, he managed to turn calmly and swiftly to face whoever had just tried to get his attention.
    Requiem blinked. Or whatever, it seems.
    Behind him floated a small, metallic cylinder, topped with a spheroid on a stalk. Extending from the middle of the rounded cylinder was a single, tentacle-like limb, and a single camera lens was nestled in the center of the spheroid. The cylinder making up the construct's body bent backwards slightly, giving it a slightly rounded, friendly air.
    "Hel-lo there!" it said with a rolling accent. Under his cowl, a confused expression came across his face.
    Clearly, someone spent too much time south of Virginia, he thought.
    "Welcome, Master..." the floating android continued, clearly waiting for Requiem to fill in the blank. He obliged, but only tersely, already turning away from the robot to open his door.
    "Requiem."
    Undeterred, the robot butler rotated around him, getting in between the cloaked avenger and his door. He tensed, ready to spring or dodge in case it turned remotely hostile. Instead, however, it continued speaking in its almost irritating upbeat tone.
    "Now, you'll find that the room is a bit empty. We apologize for this, but we were unsure of your interests. You are free to decorate as you see fit. Judging by your outfit, I'm assuming you'll want a table for human sacrifice."
    "I'll pass," Requiem growled, already pushing past the robotic butler. Reaching out a hand, he quickly turned the knob and pushed the door open. To his surprise, the cloaked avenger found himself standing in what was essentially a cave - beyond the doorway, there was a short section of concrete, which gave way to a relatively small but spacious cavern, arranged in an approximately cuboid shape.
    "You'll observe that we punched through into a cavern while constructing your room. Unsure of your interests as we were, we decided -"
    "It's fine," the cowled man interrupted.
    "Alrighty then, I'll just be leaving now. Feel free to call if there is anything with which you need assistan -"
    "I'm fine."
    Once the robot had left, Requiem stood at the edge of his small entrance, looking out into his new cavern. Forgetting the possibility of a trap for the moment, his eyes immediately began to scan the room, picking out features he could use.
    That wall looks like I could use it for a computer terminal, he thought. I already have a base - or three - but this could serve as a nice temporary home in the event that my other three are compromised. Nice shadows... I notice some of the pillars around here... I can work with this.
    Making a mental note of the equipment he'd need, Requiem turned around and headed back the way he'd come, shutting the door behind himself.
    Let's see... he thought. If I covertly buy out the land directly above this, I could use the warehouse above as a storage location for Applied Sciences... I think I already have an AS warehouse not far from here, so it shouldn't be too suspicious. From there, it shouldn't be too hard to bring some of my modified backup gear in alongside the regular AS equipment.
    Already making plans to bring in his backup equipment, Requiem stepped back into the center lounge of the Seven's base.
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; March 14th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

((I think it's time to jump right into the plot, isn't it?))

The team rested in their new base, getting acquainted with it's many rooms and other amenities. It was about two and a quarter hourse that they were there, before an alarm sounded. It came from the central computer.

Aaron gave a goofy grin when he saw the alert. "Looks like we got a hit! Oh boy!" He rushed to the large computer, and pressed a button on the keyboard, shushing the alarm. "Ok, says here there's a bank robbery in progress at the corner of Kane and Lee. Apparently, it's a Changed and his cronies. Looks like a good first mission for The Seven, am I right?" He jolted up from his seat and towards the door. "Okay team, let's do this!"

After returning to his cave and making some calls, Requiem was interrupted by the sound of a blaring alarm. Less than half a minute later, he was in the central lounge, one hand already on his belt, as Aaron began explaining the situation.
    "Okay, says here that there's a bank robbery at the corner of Kane and Lee. Apparently it's a Changed and his cronies. Looks like a good first mission for the Seven, am I right?"
    With that, the impulsive mantelope jumped out of his seat and started towards the elevator.
    "Okay team, let's do this!"
    Requiem sighed and walked after El Berrendo, his grapnel already in his hand.
    Alright, we'll see how they do in combat...

After finishing his shower, Author had sat in his room at the computer, looking up the crime lists and the like. His helmet was sitting on the bed, next to a fresh and clean uniform that had probably been prepared for him by the robot butler, or whatever other robots were in this overly-complex lair. Author personally felt that this hideout was a bit too luxurious, and could have been more ascetic in its design, but it wasn't his money that was wasted, so he decided to keep quiet about it. Just as he was about to go to bed, the alarm went off, and he groaned with an irritated look on his face.

Grabbing his helmet and sword and placing them appropriately on his body, he left his room and approached the main room to hear that a bank robbery was occurring. Without a word, he dashed out of the base and began to make his way to the bank to try and slow down the criminals until the rest of the group arrived.

Nine sat on her chair for what seemed like hours, and she was very surprised to find only a couple of minutes had passed. The shrill, blaring sirens currently resonating throughout the hideout brought her to her feet. They were immediately followed by El Berrendo's statement about the current situation: they were about to embark on their first mission as a team.
    She retrieved her mask and put it on, covering the complete lower half of her face. She then exited her room, and followed Aaron's lead.
    'If anyone lacks earplugs, I would be more than happy to provide a pair', she said, quote unquote. Despite the dry, deadpan tone of her remark (if thoughts transmitted telepathically can even have dry tones), she was only half kidding.
    Last edited by Jeff Andonuts; March 13th, 2013 at 11:58 PM.

"Ok, says here there's a bank robbery in progress at the corner of Kane and Lee. Apparently, it's a Changed and his cronies. Looks like a good first mission for The Seven, am I right?"

"It's about time." Jack said, jumping up from the couch and dashing to his room. He slid on his helmet and activated the HUD. Strapping on his jetpack, he checked fuel levels. 87.7%- Good enough for another 48 hours of use. "Yep, I think that'll do." Holstering his raygun, Jack ran over to the exit, turning his waypoint to the corner of Kane and Lee. A green line quickly appeared, guiding him to his destination. "Let's go, team!" Jack activated his jetpack and flew out of the exit at breakneck speeds, flying over the warehouse and headed towards Kane and Lee.
    Last edited by Mendicant Bias; March 15th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.
    The real heroes.

Flint after the two hours had passed, found himself bench pressing in the gym, his trenchcoat folded neatly atop the bar he was lifting. He had since procured a small pocket radio and was listening to it as he lift. Through his station he heard the alarm go off, and to say the least was not expecting. At a reaction, he dropped the bar which fell onto his chest, bouncing off with a ping and falling to the floor, a noticeable dent in the bar itself and an obvious dent in the flooring. He carefully replaced the bar and dumbbells, putting on his coat and turning off the radio.

"This better be important." he muttered, running into the main room.

He heard a small bit about a robbery and a Changed before entering to find Berrendo already at the door, two of the members already bolting.

His eyebrows scrunched slightly at the uncooperativeness of his teammates, but he quickly put that thought aside to join those who had not yet left.

"Any ideas on how those of us without super speed might get there? I have a bike, but what about Nine or Man?

Thread Information