Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Site/Forum Issues Thread

Administrator Forum Administrator jryanm's Avatar
    It seems to come and go at random, but I don't have anything to do with servers.

I'd suggest contacting fiftyeighthens if it becomes too much of a hassle, since he's the one who takes care of that stuff.
    Spoiler: Unimportant Things 

Resident Beatlemaniac Senor Cardgage's Avatar
    I've actually also been having the double post problem, it's a bit annoying.
    Everything seems to freeze when I press 'Post Quick Reply' and then I'm taken to the 'Wait 15 seconds before your next post' page.
    The posts post fine, but it just tries to post 2 instead, much like Thousand Island Sausage.

Wheelie Rider
    About the bots, captchas won't stop them.

What will work is modding the registration page with a question a human can answer. That is if vBullentin has a mod for that available to install here. This suggestion is what solved a bot problem at another forum (phpBB type) I go to on the net.

EDIT - Apparently vBullentin will automatically log you out for idling. Is there an option in the UserCP so that I can turn this off for myself?
    Last edited by Ngamer01; March 8th, 2010 at 09:07 PM.

How do I view the alternate endings to the comic, "Stomp?"
    3DS: 5112 3747 3678

Hmm... I'll go ahead and check into the "human answer" thing for the bot-stopping. Sounds like something worth looking into, since I really don't wanna deal with ads every ten minutes.

And I'm really not sure about the comic thing. I'd suggest asking fiftyeighthens about that one, since he does anything dealing with the main site.

Alrighty, I think I'm done for the most part now.

Enjoy some of the new features I've gotten installed.

Just wondering, but why did my 350 post counter suddenly drop down to 50? I mean, it's not important, I just would like to know.

Bedebedebedebedebede... Gargomon251's Avatar
    Can someone tell me how to UNQUOTE ALL? I already posted and it still keeps selecting posts for multiquote, even if I reply to a different thread. And I don't want to search all over for checkboxes to uncheck.

digital style Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Yoshi View Post
    Just wondering, but why did my 350 post counter suddenly drop down to 50? I mean, it's not important, I just would like to know.
    Admins probably disabled postcount in a forum somewhere, making all posts in that forum non-accountable to your postcount. I think it was the Canvas. About time, too.

No, still counts on the Canvas.

I'm not sure why it dropped, but it doesn't look like we lost any info whatsoever. Not that I did any changes to anything around the post info, anyway.
    Maybe Lololo/Fountain posts were counting for some reason?

digital style Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar
    There was a point about the forum thinking you were double posting when instead you were lagging after pressing the reply button once raised; I've been getting this problem a lot and it's getting on my nerves.

I'm still not sure where the lag's coming from, but I'm pretty sure that it's not something I can fix.

fiftyeighthens is the one that deals with all of the server stuff, so I suggest contacting him about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jryanm View Post
    "Forum" "Moderator" "Administrator" and "Staff" are automatically filtered in Usertitles to help prevent imposters running around with "Forum Moderator" on their title telling people to do stuff.

Also I'm looking into how to turn that off due to the fact we have colors for that purpose.
    :wee:
    ohai jryanm, when do you think albums will be able to be accessed?

We're still trying to figure out how much of a strain on our server allowing albums would cause. If anything, I think the last thing anyone wants is more lag on the site due to a bunch of info on our servers.

PK Thunder! (Avi/Sig by Jbanjoboys) JPB's Avatar
    Why cant we edit the thread's name? this is annoying because many art threads have "name here(latest update here)" and so it looks like you never updated the thread...

besides the lag/double post thing, that the only problem im having...

Hey, I have a small problem: I got a message from Thousand Island Sausage, and it keeps saying that I haven't read it, even though I have. I just would like that fixed, because it's getting annoying. Well, at least, it's annoying to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
    :wee:
    ohai jryanm, when do you think albums will be able to be accessed?
    Albums? What are those?

Also, the lag's getting annoying, but it's not to the point of insanity yet.

And will the old forum filter ever get reinstated? I miss it.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    Why cant we edit the thread's name? this is annoying because many art threads have "name here(latest update here)" and so it looks like you never updated the thread...

besides the lag/double post thing, that the only problem im having...
    There's a method to do so but it appears that it's only available to the staff, as far as I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Yoshi View Post
    Hey, I have a small problem: I got a message from Thousand Island Sausage, and it keeps saying that I haven't read it, even though I have. I just would like that fixed, because it's getting annoying. Well, at least, it's annoying to me.
    Try erasing your cookies.

I don't think it's an issue with the site/forum itself, but moreso your browser. Unless this pops up consistently I'm gonna have to call this on something wrong on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Senor Cardgage View Post
    Albums? What are those?

Also, the lag's getting annoying, but it's not to the point of insanity yet.

And will the old forum filter ever get reinstated? I miss it.
    An album. Like a photo album.

Lag has already been addressed out of the control of the mods, and to those in charge of the actual server stuff.

Forum filter is not a top priority right now, and from the looks of it will take some major retweaking in order to reinstate

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    An album. Like a photo album.

Lag has already been addressed out of the control of the mods, and to those in charge of the actual server stuff.

Forum filter is not a top priority right now, and from the looks of it will take some major retweaking in order to reinstate
    Oh, I thought 'album' meant user groups for normal users or something... *facepalm*
    I guess there's a lot of coding involved in making a filter, isn't there? Oh well, waiting is the best part! :P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    There's a method to do so but it appears that it's only available to the staff, as far as I'm aware.
    Actually, if you edit the first post, then click 'go advanced' you have the option to change the title of a thread. I've done it before now on the pokémon eggs topic.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypesicle View Post
    Actually, if you edit the first post, then click 'go advanced' you have the option to change the title of a thread. I've done it before now on the pokémon eggs topic.
    Strangely this has been missed by many others, as I've been asked about changing topic titles several times and this was the method I found that works.

But if it works, so hey there you go

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

It's the same case with deleting comments on profiles, you have to go into advanced to delete them.
    Many people overlook that.

Banned
    Not for mods LOL

Also, Albums are working as well. I've uploaded a picture to my [private] album, and Eltro has uploaded one as well.

This isn't just a mod thing, though. Gedeon uploaded the first attachment onto the forum and it's on his albums IIRC.

All right, let's get started:

The Albums are disabled, because we're not sure what they'll do to the servers just yet. Ged/Eltro/Hypes just inb4'd the disable before the forums were made public. We do plan on trying them out soon, but not just yet. No need to add more data/traffic to the servers when we're having lag issues as it is.

I'm not sure what the notification you're getting is, Yoshi. Can you get me a screencap, so I can see which one it is? Screencaps of the problems are always, always appreciated, since they let me see exactly what you see.

Hypes and Eltro pretty much answered the Title Editing thing, but I honestly have no clue since I've never gone outside my admin tools to try it. >_>;

And I've been informed of a couple of more bugs, so I'm gonna try to fix those now. Don't be alarmed if the site goes down for a few minutes, since I have some more code to clunk my way through.

Banned
    Except the fact that I made me Album today.

Thread Information