PDA

View Full Version : Food Glorious Food

SuperMaria
April 23rd, 2010, 12:49 PM
If you haven't guessed what this topic is about yet then you are a dumb person. What's your favourite food, guys? Since food is the OTHER part of my life which is NOT video-games I thought I should make this. My favourite foods, are in order, this:
1. Beaver Tails. If you didn't know already, they're like deep-fried flat doughnuts which are then dunked in sugar. I first had one when I was flat on my face after skiiing for 7 hours straight or something ludicrous. I had seen the light.
2. Crepe au chocolat. NOT A PANCAKE WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE. The French do these better. Most dee-licious thing ever (next to Beaver Tails, of course).
3. Chocolate cake. Just 'cause it's chocolatey.

And for stuff which isn't dessert:
1. Oxtail stew (I think it's stew, anyway). Cow tails in this kinda of sauce. Doesn't sound tasty, but it is delicious.
2. Pizza. We make our own, so I can load my half with as much chorizo, pepperoni, olives, ham etc as I want.
3. Goat's cheese and something green (I don't know what, don't ask me) tortellini (and I'm not sure if it's tortellini either. I just know it as "parcel pasta"). The best kind of pasta in the world.

Captain Yoshi
April 23rd, 2010, 12:54 PM
Steak, spaghetti, Pizza, Lasagna, Tacos, Burgers
Or any combination of the latter.
Seriously. My Mom makes the best Pizza Burgers, Pizza Lasagna, and Taco Lasagna ever

Curus
April 23rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Now I've had a gulp of water WAILD MINERAHL WAHTAIR!! and rid myself of my claggy mouth, I shall contribute.

Let's see...I love curry, chili, haysed crem (uh, ice cream)...actually, now I remember, I have a growing list of favourite foods on another forum. I'll go copypasta that...mmm, pasta.

Senor Cardgage
April 23rd, 2010, 01:41 PM
Indian food, I must say, owns practically ALL other types of food.
I could eat it all day every day, it's that awesome.
And, me being British, you can't beat a good old newspaper full o' fish 'n' chips.

Meteora
April 23rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Well, I like many foods. If I had to pick my favorite ethnic theme though, I'd choose Mexican.

I love tacos, burritos, quesadillas, fajitas, nachos, and mostly any other Mexican dish.

I also enjoy Thai food, curry being of the enjoyment to me.

I like seafood as well; crabs, fish, and shrimp being my favorites. My favorite fish would have to be Mahi-Mahi. The best I've had was when I was on vacation in Florida. Although I do not remember the restaurant where I had the Mahi-Mahi, I do remember how great it was. And who could forget Long John Silver's fantastic fish?

Italian food is also great. Most pastas are good to me, and I like lasagna as well, not to mention pizza. American pizza is usually just terrible-mediocre to me, but Italian pizza is a whole different story. Luckily, there are a handful of great Italian pizza joints here, so I'm happy for that.

Last but not least, I must mention American food. Let's face it: No matter how greasy, fattening, or unhealthy American foods may be, you can't argue that they're delicious (usually).

Hobbez
April 23rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
I'm a picky eater, but out of all food I've ever tried, I'll try my best to name my top three
1:Lobster: I'm from the south & I like a variety of seafood. Lobster isn't just some over-sized craw fish. People may have heard of it being expensive & a delicacy. I even tried a burnt one & still loved it.
2:Churros: I like Doughnuts & I like easy to hold food. That combination forms the churro. I had to try one with an odd stuffing(& to this day I have no idea what was in it) but I still liked the taste of the sweetness.
3:Crab: I scout the whole creature for loads of meat. I love the challenge of looking for big pieces & being rewarded with the tasty food within.

Curus
April 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Appropriate music. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjcfZDNbeEU&feature=related)

And here's the list!
Curry, Sunday roast (chicken, or lamb if done right) especially Yorkshire puddings, pork crackling, sour cream & chive crisps, garlic in brine, egg (especially scrambled, sandwich or omlette - but no cheese), the edge bit of Lancashire Poacher cheese until it gets too mouldy and tastes like burnt toast, err...ok I think that's all I can think of right now. Oh yeah, and chocolate. Everyone likes chocolate, its kind of a cosmic rule or something.
Edit: Sweetcorn relish, chili con carne, Super Noodles. Yes I am a fat cow. This list is only gonna get bigger!
Edit edit: Emmental cheese (that's the one with holes in), Wensleydale (but not on toast), speaking of toast, toast, and cheese on toast both normally and that one time when we tried doing it in the microwave grill and it went horribly wrong and we ended up with brick-hard slabs of bread soaked with bubbly cheese-mess. Mmmm. Oh, and pickled onions.

And here's my unfavourite foods:
Spinach, the 'stalk' bit of broccoli, bananas, pears, brown or granary bread, malt loaf, candy floss if its on you and not the stick (which it will be)...apart from the candy floss this isn't looking very healthy is it?
Edit: Lamb done wrong so its all full of stringy fatty bits, gammon. God I despise gammon.
Edit edit: Onions that are not pickled.

Mariorulez14
April 23rd, 2010, 09:23 PM
I like all kinds of things. Fast food, homemade food and some healthy foods. But 2 of the ones that I like best are weird/gross!

1. Balut. The Philippinos take a chicken, goose or duck egg about 5 days from hatching, boil the sucker and eat it. I tried it at a mission trip simulation thing where we went on a pretend trip to the Philippines. Sure it sounds gross, but it tastes like a combination of KFC's fried chicken and Denny's scrambled eggs. Yummy *licks lips*.

2. Battered mealworms. I was curious, so my mom got some mealworms at a hardware store (they sell them not only for fishing bait, but also for inquisitive tastebuds!), we rubbed 'em in some flour, plopped the little suckers down in a buttered pan and pan-fried them. Oh man, it's SO GOOD.

AuraKnight
April 23rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
My favourite type of food is dessert. Especially ice-cream. I love a good old scoop of Ye Olde English Toffee or Cookies & Cream.

On the healthier side, I love italian. Pizza, Pasta, Lasange, and others.

And Doritos. Everybody love Doritoes.

Cloudodom
April 23rd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Erm, I thought this gonna be about conmansues or whatever I forgot how to spell, and recipes and the finer bits of fine dining. Oh well.

Favorite food is the juicy, yellow, soft flesh of humans mangoes. Just cut 'em in three quarters, eat off the seed and stuff your face in the other halves. Or painstakingly skin it and take out the seed. Which has the best part without the weird skin flavor if you suck at skinning.

I ate duck before. And duck egg. At the same time. So I ate a fertilized duck egg. With an embryo inside. :D

Also crab dip. And a buncha other seafood.

Kirb
April 23rd, 2010, 10:33 PM
Hot sausage and mustard!
While we're in the mood,
Cold jelly and--

Huh? This isn't about the musical?

Ok then, uh, one of my favourite foods has to be Peking duck. Simply amazing. No, scratch that, the Monte Cristo Sandwich at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. Amazing, appetizing, and awesome. It's a ham sandwich, but dipped in batter and deep-fried to a golden brown. If you're ever at Disneyland, go check it out.

YamiGekusu
April 23rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
I like all kinds of things. Fast food, homemade food and some healthy foods. But 2 of the ones that I like best are weird/gross!

1. Balut. The Philippinos take a chicken, goose or duck egg about 5 days from hatching, boil the sucker and eat it. I tried it at a mission trip simulation thing where we went on a pretend trip to the Philippines. Sure it sounds gross, but it tastes like a combination of KFC's fried chicken and Denny's scrambled eggs. Yummy *licks lips*.

HELL YES. Filipino food FTW! I grew up in a largely Filipino neighborhood in San Diego so there's a lot of Filipino food culture :P *is half-Filipina*

I love Lumpia. Great stuff, it's good with or without sauce dip. And catfish. I believe I've had Sisig before. I remember it tasting sooooo good.

Lumpia
http://f2.washington.edu/teams/diversity/sites/default/files/image/lumpia2.jpg

Sisig
http://yummyascanbe.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/sisig-1.jpg

And I am totally pretty much addicted to shrimp. I once nearly knocked a couch over when I was at my friend's grandmother's house when they brought out shrimp plates.

I have to basically work certain foods around my lactose intolerance :( They sell freaking non-lactose Breyer's ice cream here! That's awesome! I love that stuff!

MooseFondue
April 23rd, 2010, 11:05 PM
Did somebody say . . . SHRIMP???
I too love shrimp, indeed I do. Barbequed, flame grilled, delicious indeed!
I'm also a fan of tortellini, ravioli, mac n' cheese, and pasta in general. Pesto is my most favorite sauce.
There is a Thai restaurant near me that is absolutely delicious. Fried rice, dumplings, spring rolls, curry, it's all so good.
And Sharky's. I like Sharky's burritos.

Cloudodom
April 24th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Anyone here ever eat Pho before? And if you pronounce it Foh I will kill you. Delicious Vietnamese food.

Senor Cardgage
April 24th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Anyone here ever eat Pho before? And if you pronounce it Foh I will kill you. Delicious Vietnamese food.

What exactly is it and how is it pronounced?

Cloudodom
April 24th, 2010, 11:06 AM
What exactly is it and how is it pronounced?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ph%E1%BB%9F
It's a kind of Vietnamese noodles basically.

Senor Cardgage
April 24th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Ooooooh, that sounds really nice!
I'm guessing it's quite fragrant, yes?
I'd love to try that some time. Do they serve it in Vietnamese restaurants? I think I've seen one of those around here somewhere.

Cloudodom
April 24th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I'm pretty sure all Vietnamese restaurants serve it. Heck, that's what most restaurants I've seen are named after.

Senor Cardgage
April 24th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Cool, I'll have to keep a lookout for that stuff, I'm eager to try it now.

Koop
April 24th, 2010, 11:23 AM
http://hybridtumbleweed.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/09/mjaddra.jpg

no seriously,

MaryDan
April 24th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I love ice cream (especially anything with brownies or caramel or mint in it -- but not all three combined), cake with soft pink frosting, pizza and spinach pie.

I'm definitely not a healthy eater but that's okay. (I'm also allergic to a lot of stuff and I'm too lazy to be creative and get nutrients.)

EDIT: I completely forgot to say that I love Oliver! and I need to watch it again.

Curus
April 24th, 2010, 12:22 PM
http://hybridtumbleweed.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/09/mjaddra.jpg

no seriously,

What is that even? I see seeds, bacon and icing/whipped cream. Seeds and cream...sounds like an experiment.

Anyway, so it turns out I like fried onion bits. Try 'em, they're totally not oniony, it's like little crisps.

Koop
April 24th, 2010, 11:27 PM
it is:
Rice
Lentil Beans
Onions
Yogurt

JSG
April 24th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Salsa, BBQ, Hot Dogs, Eggrolls (Filipino and Vietnamese), Rice, and Cookies.

Yum. I'm a huge eater, but I maintain my health and lose weight.

I have to becareful what I eat. I am allergic to Nuts and all.

Curus
April 25th, 2010, 02:48 AM
it is:
Rice
Lentil Beans
Onions
Yogurt

Sounds pretty disco. Not too sure about onions+yoghurt, but I do complain about its tastelessness, so I deal wit it?

PokeMarioGuy
April 25th, 2010, 10:34 AM
You know, I have always had a certain fondness for food. It always tastes so good. My favorite food has to be certain kinds of red meat like hamburgers and steaks. French fries and different kinds of chicken are always good. Can't go wrong with candy. That reminds me, I need to make some lunch.

Koop
April 25th, 2010, 07:18 PM
its an aquired taste i guess.

SuperMaria
April 30th, 2010, 02:06 AM
I'm sure glad that I don't have any allergies. I like almonds (without the skin. I'm allergic to the skin...so I guess I AM allergic to something) and I drink way too much milk than that's good for me. Most writers drink coffee and tea, right? I drink cold milk. Through a straw. About 3 glasses an hour e.e And I am a big fan of strong cheese. Mild cheese is yucky.

dimentiorules
April 30th, 2010, 03:20 AM
I love Lasagna, Pizza, and Tim Horton's Donuts.

YamiGekusu
April 30th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I can't eat regular cheese :(

Someguyfromcrowd
April 30th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Spaghetti. More spaghetti. Um, I don't really know what to say here.

Curus
April 30th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Spaghetti. More spaghetti. Um, I don't really know what to say here.

Lotsa spaghetti?

YamiGekusu
May 1st, 2010, 09:45 PM
Just give me a bag of angel hair egg noodles, four or five slices of smoke provolone soy cheese, some lactose-free milk, and a little butter and salt, and I will make a mean bowl of cheese pasta! :)

Mirror Kirby
May 2nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
Dessert: Chocolate fondant, jelly cream cake, candy and soda
Non dessert: roast beef, pizza and chicken nuggets
yay for no allergies :)

SwerveStar
May 2nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Oxtail stew doesn't sound too bad...

I personally like...
BUFFALO WINGS.
JALAPENO POPPERS.
RAMEN.
JALAPENO POPPERS.
CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER.
AND ESPECIALLY JALAPENO POPPERS.

Curus
May 2nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Oxtail stew doesn't sound too bad...

If Oxtail Cup-a-Soup is anything like the real thang (bet it isn't), it's a fair meal.

Something I should probably say about myself while I'm in this thread: I like cheap-'n'-cheerful food. I like stuff in tins and sachets, and I love stodgy crap. I also enjoy seeds and pulses. And I prefer almost anything (except meat, duh) uncooked.
I recently tried this thing called Gnocchi...at least I think that's the right spelling. In essence, potato balls - but Italian! And they taste...familiar, but I can't place the flavour. And not like I expected. And they were uncooked, of course.

SwerveStar
May 2nd, 2010, 01:29 PM
If Oxtail Cup-a-Soup is anything like the real thang (bet it isn't), it's a fair meal.

Something I should probably say about myself while I'm in this thread: I like cheap-'n'-cheerful food. I like stuff in tins and sachets, and I love stodgy crap. I also enjoy seeds and pulses. And I prefer almost anything (except meat, duh) uncooked.
I recently tried this thing called Gnocchi...at least I think that's the right spelling. In essence, potato balls - but Italian! And they taste...familiar, but I can't place the flavour. And not like I expected. And they were uncooked, of course.

I've had Gnocchi before. It's okay, I guess.

But what do you mean when you say "Pulses"?

Curus
May 2nd, 2010, 01:52 PM
I don't know. It's a sort of thing, related to seeds, but I don't know exactly. Mostly it sounds good.

MooseFondue
May 2nd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Did somebody say . . . gnocchi? I love those potato dumplings. They taste pretty darn good, almost like pasta, but they're so FILLING.
I can't eat too much of it until I feel bloated. Plus, there's no restaurants near me that serve some good gnocchi.

Curus
May 2nd, 2010, 02:03 PM
They taste pretty darn good, almost like pasta, but they're so FILLING.
I can't eat too much of it until I feel bloated.

More filling than pasta? Good God, it's fortune I didn't eat too many.

MooseFondue
May 2nd, 2010, 02:11 PM
More filling than pasta? Good God, it's fortune I didn't eat too many.

Yeah (wo)man. It's, like, super dense. I need a good gnocchi restaurant. The one affordable italian place near me has good pizza, but their pasta and sauces leave much to be desired.
And last night was burrito night. I love myself a good burrito.

Falcon_Pawnch75
May 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
1. Taquitos. YUM.
2. Cheeseburgers. YUM
3. Some Malaysian pancake thing. YUM.
4. Mei Fun (rice noodles). YUM.
5. OCTORO-*is shot*

I'm surprised no one posted this yet. http://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic1-012807.php