PDA

View Full Version : Summer Barbeque Favourites?

Piemaster
July 5th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Summer time is amongst us again, and out of curiosity, I decided to post this.
So, What's your favourite thing to have from the Barbeque?

I personally LOVE having Steak from the grill, medium well, with Barbeque sauce and Montreal Steak Spice, you can't go wrong with something so simple yet so luxurious!

Lenore
July 5th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Much of my family is South African, meaning that we tend to have boerewors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boerewors) a lot. So very tasty. :)

JSG
July 5th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Steak from the grill; though how my family eats it is like our tradition. We eat the steak with some rice, and eat it up with some soy sauce combined with spicy garlic sauce. It's delicious in my opinion, and great for all you American / Filipino food lovers.

Mr. Redstone
July 5th, 2011, 10:00 PM
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBS!!!!!!!!
THICK AND COVERED IN BBQ SAUCE!
ahem... yeah...

Piemaster
July 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Much of my family is South African, meaning that we tend to have boerewors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boerewors) a lot. So very tasty. :)

I never heard of that, but it sounds/looks good :D

AuraKnight
July 5th, 2011, 10:11 PM
NOTHING Beats a good Kebab on the barbie. NOTHING. Also Salmon is amazing but I've never had it barbequed. Kinda want to, though.

Steak takes a close second.

Honestly, I prefer the atmosphere the Barbeque brings as opposed to the actual meat that is served. Maybe it's just me?

Lenore
July 5th, 2011, 10:13 PM
NOTHING Beats a good Kebab on the barbie. NOTHING. Also Salmon is amazing but I've never had it barbequed. Kinda want to, though.

Steak takes a close second.

Honestly, I prefer the atmosphere the Barbeque brings as opposed to the actual meat that is served. Maybe it's just me?

Throw some snags on the barbie and blah blah stereotypes

Ario
July 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Well, my favorite thing to make isn't done on a grill, but it's still covered in BBQ sauce. Pulled pork sandwiches. Wht my family does is early in the morning (8-9 ish) we put a hunk of pork into a crockpot and pour some BBQ sauce over it. We then let it simmer for about 12 hours or so.
For traditional grilling, nothing beats old fashioned burgers and hotdogs. Especially the ones with cheese already in them...

Manty
July 5th, 2011, 11:42 PM
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBS!!!!!!!!
THICK AND COVERED IN....nothing.
I like my ribs plain.

Also:
Chicken, Pkor Chop sandwiches, Pulled Prok, ect.

Doofenshmirtz
July 5th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Hmm. Now, let's see.

-Hot Wings. Believe it or not, they taste awesome after coming out of the grill.
-Charbroiled Hamburger are amazing too
-Steak from the grill. Apply BBQ.
-Ribs. Bathed in BBQ too.
-Onion wrapped in Bacon. Godly
-Fajitas. Chicken fajitas are amazing

Everything accompanied by a spicy salsa and some fresh tortillas. Yep. Tasty stuff.

Piemaster
July 5th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Hmm. Now, let's see.

-Hot Wings. Believe it or not, they taste awesome after coming out of the grill.
-Charbroiled Hamburger are amazing too
-Steak from the grill. Apply BBQ.
-Ribs. Bathed in BBQ too.
-Onion wrapped in Bacon. Godly
-Fajitas. Chicken fajitas are amazing

Everything accompanied by a spicy salsa and some fresh tortillas. Yep. Tasty stuff.

O.O
Must...
HAVE....
*drools*

Doofenshmirtz
July 5th, 2011, 11:58 PM
O.O
Must...
HAVE....
*drools*

My brother is a chef-in-training. He experiments everyonce in a while. They were amazing tasty.

Penguin
July 6th, 2011, 12:09 AM
This topic makes me hungry.

I like barbecued chicken, but everyone always makes pork or beef so I never get to have any. :I

Dinosaurshotgun
July 6th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Just to clarify to everyone barbecue =/= cookout. Cookouts are when you cook out on a grill. Barbecues require low temperatures and aaaaaaall day, and taste much better.

Piemaster
July 6th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Just to clarify to everyone barbecue =/= cookout. Cookouts are when you cook out on a grill. Barbecues require low temperatures and aaaaaaall day, and taste much better.

Oh really? Then I have being using the wrong term all my life :|

Valor
July 6th, 2011, 04:46 AM
My dad can grill some really fine Steaks. Then we put Worcestershire sauce all over it, and then we eat it from there on. I haven't had steak as good as that.

Then my dad can grill some really nice hamburgers, covered in a seasoning that gives it a great taste. I normally just put ketchup and cheese on my hamburgers, but I could go with a pickle, if we ever had any.

Curus
July 6th, 2011, 05:57 AM

Considering this might drastically limit the responses here, I'll take a descriptivist stand on this one.

And on that note, my dad generally halves some sausages and burns them right the way through. It's how me and my mum like it. :3
Also one time he did some of the preparatory lamb-grilling (or whatever it was, I don't know how to cook lamb) on the barbeque. Tasted lovely.

Captain Yoshi
July 6th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I really love a good juicy steak or some ribs smothered in a good BBQ sauce. But I can't have any kind of barbecue'd food without corn on the cob.

YamiGekusu
July 8th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Korean barbecue. Chicken, etc etc.

If you ever get the chance to eat Korean barbecue, please take the chance. The food is excellent and it'll leave you with wanting more.

Now I'm craving Korean barbecue. :D

Scythebait
July 8th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Two words, people:

Smoked

Meatloaf

*le drool fountain*

Neko+
July 10th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Well, seeing as I just had some barbeque for dinner literally 10 minutes ago, I guess I can post in this thread right now with the tastes still stuck in my mind--or is it mouth?
Aaaaaaaaahhhh, it doesn't matter!

So anyways, it was a Korean-American barbeque, meaning there was Korean food and American food. And, as usual, it was my dad who did all the grilling because no relatives here, just me and my immediate family members, though I did have a barbeque with some cousins a few days back, but I don't remember that one so well. In that barbeque, there was a swimming pool in the backyard, and so when people jumped into the water, the water splashed all over my plate and there was chlorine in my food, yum! Not so much. Now back to today's barbeque. First there were hamburgers, with lettuce and onions that make you cry except if you have bubble gum but there wasn't any cheese, but it still tasted okay. Not as good as the ones in the fast food restaurants, but still okay. Next we had steak. Steaaaaaak! Yummy and all bloody! I'm sure to have some serious repercussions in the bathroom later tonight! Isn't that just great? Alongside the steak we had Korean food: stuff like bulgogi and another thing that I forgot the name of (shame on me!) but it goes good with that salt-pepper-soy-sauce sauce thingy, and it also goes good with that spicy red chunky sauce thing, I forgot what that was called too (I think it's called beef intestines in English? The pieces are thin). But anyways, the Korean food tasted marvelous as well.

Oh, and we ate this all inside.
Not outside

I liked all the food except maybe the hamburger and the oysters, so everything but those two could be considered my favorites.
I haven't had ribs in a long time.
Good.
I mean, think about it. When I eat ribs and I actually think about what I'm eating, I get all queasy because I inadvertently imagine someone eating my own ribs. Eeuch.

PureJeanyis
July 10th, 2011, 10:22 PM
My dad makes the BEST barbeque, baked beans, ribs, and burgers! See, along with his cooking genius, he has this grill that uses wood chips, and everything comes out smoky and delicious. Mmm!

Hammerlord
July 11th, 2011, 01:19 PM
A very well made burger with bacon and barbecue sauce. I just LOVE a big barbecue burger. I also love Hot Wings. I love preety much everything that is edible when it comes to barbecue, but those ones are my big favs.
Oh, boy, I'm drooling now...