PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any weird habits?

Manty
September 14th, 2010, 08:30 PM
You know, habits that aren't really that common, or not something like masturbating chewing your nails. Just the small ones that are kind of annoying.

I have a habit of spelling "Frame" on paper as "Phrame". I have no clue why, but I usually notice the "Ph" and erase it.

slashty
September 14th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I tend to crack my knuckles a lot. That's probably not good for a pianist...

Raptor
September 14th, 2010, 08:38 PM
I don't think I hav- o wait Before I go to bed I check to make sure my doors locked about 9 times Don't know why but I do to be save

Penguin
September 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I tend to right click my mouse a lot when I'm waiting for pages to load or reading them. Dunno why.

Ark
September 14th, 2010, 08:43 PM
I am always walking. I'd count my steps while I'm walking, I must take the same amount of steps per tile on the street. I also make sure that I always step on the same spot when I walk around my kitchen island.

This may not be habit, more so an addiction, but I watch the Super Mario Bros. movie religiously. I can pretty much repeat every line in the movie.

Edit: Almost forgot, on old pokemon games I press a+b+down. On ones with the touch screen I press the screen at "the right moment".

fergzilla
September 14th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I tend to threaten inanimate objects that refuse to work to intimidate them so that they'll work.

Hobbez
September 14th, 2010, 08:49 PM
I have little habits and "useless needs" here and there. Like keeping my jacket's hood on my left shoulder, and also always wanting to wear that jacket in public. I also tend to constantly click the BitF Forum "What's New?' button a lot hoping something comes up. I also have a habit of wanting old games and systems. I actually don't play them sometimes but still want them. I also have a habit of straightening my glasses a lot. Also keeping my hair uncurled/untangled and messing with it a lot. I have a lot more but I forget them until I do them.

SSBBrawler
September 14th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Well, I have this odd habit of killing people, and stuffing them in the bathroom.

Well, I don't know if this really counts, but I can't "taste" food by smelling it, thus telling whether or not I'd like it or not before I even try it.

This one probably counts: Whenever I'm waiting for something, I tend to roll my head like people roll their eyes... It's hard to explain.

Fragment of Nothing
September 14th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I have a good few habits and quirks. Something that I've retained from my youth is a tendency to randomly jerk my head forward or walk in an odd pattern. Why? To throw off snipers. ...Not rational in the slightest, but I do it.

My hands tend to trail through my hair whenever I'm at my computer.

As far as clothing goes, my choice of apparel is always suits, the pockets of which carry an extendable magnet (which I've had since I was a child) wherever I go...play with it constantly when I'm waiting for things to happen, talk with it too (by waving it around, I mean...use it to highlight points).

That's all I can think of right now.

Latiaslover97
September 14th, 2010, 08:53 PM
When I laugh do this really weird thing for 5 or 6 seconds, my laugh get higher like stairs. So it's like this "Hah" it's a little higher than my normal laugh, then "HAh" it's lot more high than the last one and finally "HAH" Where I'm at my highest that I can get. But it doesn't have pauses like how I told you guys, it's like this ( with the caps shows how high my voice is.) " Hah HAh HAH" like a staircase.

ThatFellow
September 14th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I can pretty much repeat every line in the movie.

Monkey!

As for myself, I almost always cover my mouth when I laugh (I do it less now than I used to. I hope.), and I have a tendency to rub the back of my neck when I'm nervous. Other than that I say "ow" quite a lot, even when I'm not in pain. Like if someone lightly brushes against me. I think it's something I carried over from childhood or something.

Oh and I talk to animals like they are peoples. But honestly, most of them are more sociable than most people I've met. :P

Latiaslover97
September 14th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Monkey!

As for myself, I almost always cover my mouth when I laugh (I do it less now than I used to. I hope.), and I have a tendency to rub the back of my neck when I'm nervous.

Are you related to Olga Orly from Apollo Justice or something? Her nervous tic was rubbing the back of her neck or was it her head?

Elfice
September 14th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I'm cleaning my glasses like...every 10 minutes. And half the time, it makes it worse. You'd think I'd learn by now.

Kirbster
September 14th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Whenever I try to cuss in English, it always comes out in Spanish for some reason...

Zikki-Dee
September 14th, 2010, 09:22 PM
the only good habit of mine is sneezing and coughing in my elbow socket to reduce the likelihood of disease
i usually climb up my steps really fast like an animal, or i hop up them. i also run really fast down them
i also have a habit of sitting on the computer like i'm going on the internet when i forget what i came down for.
i also open the fridge door alot assuming that's the reason why i'm on the kitchen a lot when i could be in there for something else
and i tend to have a routine playlist of music in my head when im in the shower or brushing my teeth...sorta strange O.o

fergzilla
September 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Speaking of weird habits in games:

I try to get something like 999,999 on any game with a high score counter, also known as reaching the score cap (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cap). Also, I tend to hate games WITHOUT a score counter, such as the post-MM1 Mega Man games. I currently done it on three games so far: Cosmic Gate on NORMAL mode of the Nintendo DS game Retro Game Challenge (I kinda figured the pattern of the stages and abused warping on Stage 64, which is the last stage), Super Mario World, Continental Circus (Taito Legends rerelease), and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Also, I'm currently working on getting them points on Super Air Zonk via an exploit involving unlimited enemies. It might take a while, but good thing I can suspend save on the Wii Virtual Console version whenever I exit to the Wii Menu.

Also, for the latter three games I DID cap the points on, I used strategies banned by Twin Galaxies (which means if you use the banned strategies, your score won't be on their leaderboard). But I don't care, because part of my weird habit is to get the points in any way I can, even if I have to exploit something in a game that the testing team did NOT catch or a cheat code that the creators SORT OF intended.

I even have pictures of my score, too. Sorry people, no Super Mario World/Continental Circus score pictures today!!
Cosmic Gate (part of Retro Game Challenge)
http://i32.tinypic.com/2quq344.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/wrg782.jpg

http://i28.tinypic.com/20gm9hd.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/bgzjio.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/1z36i9t.jpg

Strangely, my score stops at 9999999. What's even MORE strange about it is that all scoring in Cosmic Gate is done in multiples of 10, and 9999999 is obviously not divisible by 10.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

http://i26.tinypic.com/14b3i4y.jpg

Yeah, I cheated. But Sega admitted to KNOWING about this in the hints of Sonic Mega Collection Plus.
At least the game KNOWS that all scoring in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is done in multiples of 10, so that it does its cap RIGHT!
And the life counter has a big 9 on the first digit. That means I have 197 lives, not 97.

Yeah, those are pictures of my weird habit in action.

I also try to do it on independent PC games, such as shmups.

Dinosaurshotgun
September 14th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Too many to count. Or even remember. I'll mention a few. But a lot of them have been mentioned already, stepping a certain amount of times on tiles, popping my knuckles (and every other bone in my body), climbing stairs quickly, opening the fridge for little reason, paranoid habits (never tried throwing off snipers, but I've been pretty well-prepared for an ambush or armed robbery, says my imagination), coughing into my arm to avoid spreading disease... add to that, biting the skin off of the ends of my fingers, smelling my wrists then chewing on the hair covering them (just with my lips, not like teeth chewing... yeah I dunno), taking deep breaths when bored or tired to avoid yawning in class when I feel it coming... can't think of anything right now.

Elfice
September 14th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Oh yeah, dinosaurshotgun reminded me of one. For some reason, I can't walk downstairs: I have to run down them....dunno why.

Dynawing
September 15th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I don't really see how coughing into your elbow is that much of a weird habit... I thought that was normal?

I think I already posted the most interesting things about me in the idiosyncrasies thread, but let's see anyways. I always try to have symmetrical touch; as in, after putting my left hand to my head, I would put my right hand to my head too. And if I don't do this I just have some unsatisfied and odd feeling, but I don't really know how to describe it.

I walk on my toes a lot and I just overall walk strange most of the time, with leg crosses and skips and whatnot. I think the latter part has gone down a bit but I still walk on my toes often. Overall I can't really just stand or even sit normally though. And I sometimes spread my arms to my sides a little when I walk. Uh. Think ^ shape. Or any angle really, that's just kind of the most normal position.

And another, basically having my face like :D except with a smaller mouth and closed eyes during pretty much any situation. Sometimes followed by "Ah!" and sharing of some random stupid epiphany with whoever is around... wow, that sounds kind of like Osaka actually.

YamiGekusu
September 15th, 2010, 12:12 AM
-I click my mechanical pencils four times- no more, no less.
-I always do throws on the Link stage in SSB in one player mode.

Penguin
September 15th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I don't really see how coughing into your elbow is that much of a weird habit... I thought that was normal?

I dunno about normal, but it's certainly polite. There are worse habits to have.

the metolosophy
September 15th, 2010, 04:47 AM
i always check my room EVERY night- flip my blankets, check my pillows, scan the walls- for ladybugs and other insects...im an entomophobic (i should say Coccinellidaephobia.)
i also make sure there isnt anything on the chair im about to sit on if there's anything- bugs, food..etc- on it.
i always also pronounce success 'SUKKSHESS' which i donno why.
when coloring, i throw away a drawing if i go even a little outside the lines.
i put my feet up on my desk in school, pratically every end-of-class im almost sitting on my desk.
i cant stand still with my arms at my side.
i cant walk with both feet facing forward, my left is always tilted, and i roll my step like in marching band naturally- its not really a habit but more of a result of many joint problems...
i punch objects- printers, vending machines, tvs- if they dont work properly, which usually works for me
i get annoying when people spell axe as 'ax'...and when people pronounce diabetes like an old person (my mom and little brother do GRR)
i will talk about myself A LOT if i get the chance.

WOOT im wacked out xD imma write a book: Whats Wrong with Meto?

Omo
September 15th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Anybody heard about the tetris effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect)? Usually it only takes place after a person plays tetris/ any other game, but I always imagine boxes as tetris blocks. I love stacking stuff.

Penguin
September 15th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Oh the Tetris effect. XD I get that with Dr Mario, Voltorb Flip, and Sudoku puzzles, too. My mind's finangly that way, but it actually helps me fall asleep.

Oh, hey--

A recent Oxford study (2009) suggests Tetris-like video games may help prevent the development of traumatic memories. If the video game treatment is played soon after the traumatic event, the preoccupation with Tetris shapes is enough to prevent the mental recitation of traumatic images, thereby decreasing the accuracy, intensity, and frequency of traumatic reminders.

Not in the interest of derailing the thread, but VIDEO GAMES ARE GOOD FOR YOUR MENTAL HEALTH GUYS~

I have a thing about slight grammatical or punctuation or spelling errors, too. They must be fixed. The reason I am not a mod on any of the forums I visit is 'cause I would go around correcting everyone's spelling all the time. Um. I actually do this IRL. I used to correct errors on tests in school. I'm not even sure if any of my teachers noticed...

Curus
September 15th, 2010, 07:01 AM
If my left hand is free and I'm listening to music, it starts 'dancing'. Sometimes the right joins in.

Also, I'm kind of trapped in a cycle where my wrists get stiff and I have to crack them, which no doubt just makes them more likely to get stiff later. Also, I occasionally arch backwards to crack my spine too.

Ranmaru
September 15th, 2010, 07:41 AM
I reply a loud to my own thoughts sometimes, usually when I lose an argument with them or something, I will *sigh* and say "oh well" in a downbeat voice. Something I have been called out on quite a bit.

Also when I walk down the street I tend to pretend that the cracks in the pavement is lava, which I have to dodge otherwise I lose a life.

Finally I occasionally stop typing mid sentence to emphasis with my hands, in an overly dramatic fashion.

Rebel Vanguard
September 15th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Oh boy wierd habits to define ourselves. I have some of those!

-Although it's not exactly "wierd", I tend to overlevel/grind way too much in video games. Mainly because I find it fun. People often question why I do it which actually makes me want to say something like "Dude it's my game, I can do whatever I want." But I usually just ignore.
-Sometimes when I'm in my room I wear my shirt like Cornholio from Beavis and Butt-head. I dunno why I do it. But I just do.
-Whenever I'm concentrating I tend to pet my left eyebrow.
-Whenever I eat a homecooked meal, I have to eat the food in certain order. Which sometimes causes my parents to believe that I don't like something. The thing is I've ALWAYS done it and for the past 15 years I've said to them "I always eat that last" but they tend to forget.
-When I go up the stairs I tend to walk 2 steps with my left foot and 1 step with my right foot.
-I must write a proper heading on a paper before I write something on it.
-I make wierd faces in the mirror when nobody is looking. I also practice making new ones.

I'm sure there is a lot more, but I need to perform them to actually remember them.

Curus
September 15th, 2010, 09:16 AM

So tempted to sigquote this.

ThatFellow
September 15th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Are you related to Olga Orly from Apollo Justice or something? Her nervous tic was rubbing the back of her neck or was it her head?

I was thinking about that as I wrote it, heh. Difference was, she was hit with a wine bottle. I don't think that's where my habit comes from.

... I hope.

Oh and I'm very much the opposite of Rebel's grinding habit. I never grind. Ever. I'm there for the story, darn it, everything else is just in the way. I have cheated on more than one occasion just to skip grinding all together.

And another habit... I filled an entire cardboard box with empty game boxes (I removed the disks) for no apparent reason. I figure it was because if I get rich or something I'll have a big ol' gamesroom with lines upon lines of video games, but yeah, still a little odd.

Oh and back when my hair was long I used to fiddle with it quite a lot but not anymore. I kinda miss it, heh.

Dinosaurshotgun
September 15th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Oh yeah, dinosaurshotgun reminded me of one. For some reason, I can't walk downstairs: I have to run down them....dunno why.

I do this too, it's just like running down a hill.

i cant stand still with my arms at my side.

I tend to either pace or have my left arm at an angle with my fist loosely clenched.

Anybody heard about the tetris effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect)? Usually it only takes place after a person plays tetris/ any other game, but I always imagine boxes as tetris blocks. I love stacking stuff.

I tend to get that with more complex games. Quite often. The most longstanding form of this that I still do is with Punch-Out!!, even though I don't really play it that often at all. I tend to think of quick opportunities to counterpunch people in everyday situations... well, that's not exactly correct... it's hard to explain, but my imagination tends to wander to Little Mac punching someone or something silly. It never manifests itself in me actually punching someone. I also sometimes think of Pokemon-related things just from seeing related numbers, or having dreams loosely related to constructing Pokemon teams (dream teams!). For Metroid Prime, I used to imagine scanning everything in sight. Another one of the biggest instances was Pokemon Trozei, where my mind kept generating combo situations and then immediately solving them when I would be trying to sleep, kind of like the opposite of what Penguin said.

I have a thing about slight grammatical or punctuation or spelling errors, too. They must be fixed. The reason I am not a mod on any of the forums I visit is 'cause I would go around correcting everyone's spelling all the time. Um. I actually do this IRL. I used to correct errors on tests in school. I'm not even sure if any of my teachers noticed...

Really? I always thought you were more... loose... when it comes to correcting spelling =P I always feel like doing it IRL, but lately I've been restraining myself because siblings and parents have told me that I don't have any friends because of this~

Oh, and yes, I do it on tests and the like as well. Typos are usually the first thing I notice on any given assignment sheet.

If my left hand is free and I'm listening to music, it starts 'dancing'. Sometimes the right joins in.

Also, I'm kind of trapped in a cycle where my wrists get stiff and I have to crack them, which no doubt just makes them more likely to get stiff later. Also, I occasionally arch backwards to crack my spine too.

I do both of these, it often manifests itself as either a conductor's baton or an imaginary piano chord.

As for the wrists thing, I tend to roll my wrists somewhat if they need to pop, but more often I'm popping other things like my fingers or my back/neck which I have several methods of popping besides the one you just mentioned. I also pop my toes when I'm barefoot and my ankles occasionally, and my knees if they need it.

I reply a loud to my own thoughts sometimes, usually when I lose an argument with them or something, I will *sigh* and say "oh well" in a downbeat voice. Something I have been called out on quite a bit.

Also when I walk down the street I tend to pretend that the cracks in the pavement is lava, which I have to dodge otherwise I lose a life.

Finally I occasionally stop typing mid sentence to emphasis with my hands, in an overly dramatic fashion.

More often that's a result of me remembering something embarrassing and saying "no" repeatedly or trying to explain why I was in that situation. I tend to remember being embarrassed for about a decade or so after everyone else forgets.

I don't really think of the cracks like that, but I avoid them so I can count steps in a piece of pavement and attempt to keep the same amount of steps per piece of pavement. If the tiles are really small, I tend to move like the "knight" chess piece.

I don't do this, but I sometimes snap or rub my finger a couple of times in an attempt to remember a word while typing

Oh boy wierd habits to define ourselves. I have some of those!

-Although it's not exactly "wierd", I tend to overlevel/grind way too much in video games. Mainly because I find it fun. People often question why I do it which actually makes me want to say something like "Dude it's my game, I can do whatever I want." But I usually just ignore.
-Whenever I eat a homecooked meal, I have to eat the food in certain order. Which sometimes causes my parents to believe that I don't like something. The thing is I've ALWAYS done it and for the past 15 years I've said to them "I always eat that last" but they tend to forget.
-When I go up the stairs I tend to walk 2 steps with my left foot and 1 step with my right foot.
-I must write a proper heading on a paper before I write something on it.

I'm sure there is a lot more, but I need to perform them to actually remember them.

Heh heh... "wierd", I'm sure Penguin notices your typo and is once again not a mod.
I do the opposite, I tend to avoid as many unnecessary or unwanted battles as possible. It's more fun to fight more challenging bosses and using epic strategies (like beating Red with my team of severely underleveled Pokemon)
When I concentrate it's more of me rubbing my forehead or, if I'm tired, just kind of mashing my entire face in an attempt to rub my eyes.
I tend to eat food in a certain order, but I don't have a set order until I see the plate, in which my mind immediately prioritizes what to eat first.
I alternate between your method of stairclimbing and simply going two steps for both feet. I think it has to do with how steep the stairs are.
I write my name on my paper, and I used to obsessively put a heading on my typed papers, but ever since my high school teachers changed the heading format I've just gotten out of the habit altogether.

In conclusion, yeah I'm strange.

Nix
September 15th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Whenever I get the chance, I try to pop almost every joint in my body. Fingers, wrists, toes, ankles, spine, knee, and neck.

I have to have everything perfect, I count my steps, always trying to stop at an even number, and I try to only touch a single square on a sidewalk once, even jumping to make it happen.

I tend to skip when I want to go fast but not look like I'm in a rush.

When I'm wearing a hat, every time something that doesn't quite make sense to me, or makes me somewhat frustrated, I grab my hat, and sort of "fling" it off my head, but not letting go.

I tend to overlevel 2 or 3 characters in an RPG, while the rest are practically just deadweight. In Fire Emblem, however, it's certain classes. Swordmasters, Halberdiers, and the main character/s of the game.

That's really all I can think of, without actually doing them, but I know I have tons more..

Dinosaurshotgun
September 15th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I tend to twirl the nunchuck around when playing a Wii game during loading times as if it were a lasso. I do this with hangers and hats as well.

fergzilla
September 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Also, one more thing: I tend to hate games (that HAVE A SCORING SYSTEM) that aren't ENDLESS (that don't go on forever in an infinite loop until I die for the last time). Unless if there's an easy scoring exploit (that the creators may or MAY NOT have intended) that leads me to the score cap easier.

Rebel Edit: You really didn't have to quote your own gigantic post, it makes the page load slower for some people so please be considerate.

YamiGekusu
September 15th, 2010, 04:38 PM
-I always spin the Game Boy cartridge before I put it in the Game Boy. Sometimes, I spin the DS game cards.
-I walk up a step or curb with one of my feet turned sideways.

fergzilla
September 16th, 2010, 06:05 PM
OK, here's MORE of my weird habit in action:

http://i51.tinypic.com/dmu3xt.jpg
In the NES classic The Guardian Legend, I wonder what you get if you enter this password...

NOTHING!!!!

Just kidding, just kidding...

THIS is what happens if you enter in the password...
http://i52.tinypic.com/fp03z8.jpg
Notice the score?
(the number next to the letter C in the bottom (it's supposed to be SC, but the S got cut off for unknown reasons))
Anyway...
9,999,990, baby!!!!

Yeah, apparently, my habit of reaching the score cap in any way possible in any game is so weird/big, that I'm even willing to get it just by PUNCHING IN A 32-DIGIT PASSWORD and nothing else (one more thing: I don't want to get the maximum score using a third-party cheat device separate from/not officialy affiliated or endorsed by the game/console I'm playing).

So... yeah.

BTW, this password is DANGEROUS to your game. The first enemy you defeat after getting max score causes the game to freeze!!!! But it's worth it for getting the points.

Raptor
September 16th, 2010, 06:14 PM
If I'm thinking or nervous I twist my hair and I've done this since I was a BABY

JSG
September 16th, 2010, 06:52 PM
-I feel all quirky and shaky and all when I hear paper being rubbed against 2 fingers.
-I hate touching paper lol.
-When I walk, I usually try to even out the times I stepped on a crack with a foot.
-I tend to move around while sleeping alot.
-I can't stop saying "ssszz" no matter wha-ssszz.
-I watch TV without looking.
-I hate rubbing my eye with my hand, oddly.
-I use my clothes to rub my hand.
-I love washing my hand with soap.
-I spell awsome wrong all the time. Its actually "awesome".

I'm so weir-ssszzz,

Darky
September 16th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Drippy taps. I can't stand drippy taps. If I ever see a drippy tap, I always turn the knob so it stops dripping. Something about taps that are dripping water just infuriates me. Maybe it's down to wanting to conserve water or something?
I used to bite my nails, and in effect I sorta still do, but I don't really tear at my nails overzealously, more just nibble them every now and then. It's odd.

Zikki-Dee
September 16th, 2010, 09:14 PM
i spell something with out the 'e' alot

Kramazubg
September 16th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Whenever I'm watching TV I ALWAYS flip the remote in the air before changing the channel or adjusting the volume.
The same goes for when I'm gaming with a wireless controller and I do something awesome, I'll flick the controller in the air.

Zikki-Dee
September 16th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Whenever I'm watching TV I ALWAYS flip the remote in the air before changing the channel or adjusting the volume.
The same goes for when I'm gaming with a wireless controller and I do something awesome, I'll flick the controller in the air.
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! usually when i die though. i do it out of frustration

Raptor
September 17th, 2010, 05:08 PM
When I play my game
Example:Halo:Reach
When I die multi times I begin start to cuss out the enemys and when I kill them I smack talk them o.o

Hobbez
September 17th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I tend to insult inanimate objects when they don't want to work.
I like to rock back and forth when sitting down and enjoying a game.
I get really nervous and shy when I talk to anyone.
I tend to push my bangs to the right when I'm at home and keep them in the middle at school, I don't know why.
I sometimes subconsciously make the face of a character I'm drawing, same with when I type in a smiley on the internet.
I have a habit of criticizing shows for stuff that doesn't matter. Like how people can't float around in Spongebob since they are in water.
I don't like to take old papers out of my binder "in case I need them". People think I have an extremely messy binder for it but I know where my stuff is at.

Quote|a
September 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I don't chew my nails, I chew on the excess skin surrounding my nails. Tastes much better than nails, but tends to cause pain much more often.

Agent Gold
September 19th, 2010, 12:19 PM
When talking to people, I (almost) never address them by name. This ranges from my closest friends to the acquaintances I talk to every now and then. There are people I talk to every week whose names I do not know. (If someone else mentions them by name, I know who they're talking about, but I still couldn't come up with the name on my own for the life of me.)

The Good Wario
September 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I USED TO suck on my comforter when i was little.

I sometimes do it now

Gassy but sometimes weird

The Good Wario

0.o
September 19th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I tend to rub my thumb on the side of my pointer finger (hand in form of fist) when I'm in deep thought,
I also usually Pace more then 25% of each day.

MooseFondue
September 19th, 2010, 05:57 PM
If I'm trying to place something down that keeps falling over, I'll often position it, then hold my palms towards it as if trying to tell it to stay put. This is partially my own free will, and partially habit now.

As many others have mentioned, I tend to crack my knuckles and back a bit too often. And now I've started cracking my neck and toes too.

I often run my fingernails across my lips, because I'm cool like that.

PacoTheTaco
September 19th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I sing... constately. Doesn't matter if I know the all the lyrics to the song
I 'll just keep reapeting the ones I know over and over again in an endless loop till I figure out what the rest of the lyrics are
then I start singing another song.

Pringles and Rockets
September 20th, 2010, 05:09 PM
I have way too many weird habits to list. One of my weirdest is that I can't stop moving my hands no matter what. They're always moving in some way unless I'm sleeping. Another one is that I always notice everything that is going on around me and analyze it. If someone on the other side of the room is talking, I'll hear it and keep asking questions like "What are you saying?", "Why are you talking?" among many others. I'd post the rest, but I don't want to spend an hour posting this.

Kramazubg
September 23rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
I just realized a weird habbit on my break today. As I walk around a corner I have to grab onto something. Example, going right into the break room, I grab the wall. As I turn to go down stairs I grab the rail. This is harder to explain than I thought but hopefully I got it across haha.

Crabmaster
September 24th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I have a habit of leaving my internet on, and checking forums a lot, I have a habit of writing d instead of b, when I am bored and no one is home I sometimes just SPAS out for a few seconds, I sometimes cry to myself think about life for a while......Lets see what else....Oh yea, I hum and sing video game music all the time.

Taigiry
September 26th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I tend to daydream, a lot.
I say "ne" in nearly every sentence, even when I'm trying not to do this.
My games must be sorted in alphabetical order and system.
My eyes are always half closed, otherwise it would just feel weird to me.

Coffee
September 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I tend to tilt my head slightly when I'm thinking

Hypesicle
September 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I play with my face
a lot

like, mess with my face with my hands, and chew my lips and all that.

Silent Viper
September 26th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I fall asleep in English ALOT and its only been a month of school.

Dinosaurshotgun
September 26th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I have some pronunciation problems sometimes when I'm saying a long sentence, I'll often slur a word or something.

Curus
September 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Just remembered (thanks to this massive mirror here) that whenever I'm in front of a mirror I pretty much always pull faces.

Sniper
September 28th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Whenever my friends ask me a yes or no question, I always say, "ALRIGHTY THEN" from the TF2 engineer. After that comes a muffled, "GOTTA MOVE THAT GEAR UP!". EVERY SINGLE TIME. And I capitalize the engineer's quotes a lot, which I just did without knowing.

Zikki-Dee
September 28th, 2010, 08:04 PM
when i hear a song, it's immediatly glued to my memory. so i'll be dinging it in class an people are like "where's that angelic voice coming from"

fergzilla
October 4th, 2010, 10:19 PM
OK, I discovered I yet even have ANOTHER strange habit.

Whether I play a Tetris game, I keep hearing the noises from Tetris: The Grand Master (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDPUAluwpo) whenever a tetromino falls (the ones that indicate which tetrimino is coming next). And that's for non-TGM games.

Warning: Do NOT watch the video I linked if YOU don't want to have my habit, too.

Animaster
October 4th, 2010, 11:08 PM
I have many unusual habits. Including the following:

-I must have my room dark at night. I can't stand lights at night.
-My room must be organized in the way I like it. I can't stand leaving stuff where I don't think it belongs(I have an unusual sense of organization).
-Daydreaming... I do it constantly. Of course, it's so bad because I have ADD(I do like daydreaming though).
-I need to have music or some sort of noise in the background whenever I'm on the computer or drawing(helps set the mood for my art).
-I play with my toes whenever I'm sitting down without shoes(I keep my feet clean, mind you).
-I also tend to shake my foot when bored and sitting down.
-(I also like using parentheses. Not sure why)

There's probably several others(I'm very weird quirky).

Sniper
October 5th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I have a tendency to hold my fists in the way the TF2 heavy does.

Twich
October 5th, 2010, 05:36 PM
I mess with what ever is in my hands, mostly involving the tapping of pens and pencils. Pens I also click over and over again alternating drumming and clicks, it's odd.

Agent Gold
October 5th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I once had a milk jug start leaking on the way home from the store. It went unnoticed until long after it was in the fridge. It made a huge mess of things.

So now whenever I pick up milk, I check the bottom to make sure it isn't already broken.

Dinosaurshotgun
October 6th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I hang up my slider phone using my face =D

Princess Piranha
October 7th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I tend to twirl the nunchuck around when playing a Wii game during loading times as if it were a lasso. I do this with hangers and hats as well.
Oh! I do that with my earphones too while waiting or talking with somebody next to me xD

My weird habit it is probably that I need to have some things organized the way I want. Like, we have four different colors coffee cups, we stable them by two. But when a black cup get's on top of a black cup, I somehow can't stand that xD Then I just swap the black one with a blue one. >:D I have more things like this, I'm really glad everybody around me finds it funny and not annoying!

charigaara
October 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I have a habit of randomly twisting my wrists to get a satisfying pop noise. I also hunch my shoulders a lot, but I'm not quite sure why.

Latiaslover97
October 10th, 2010, 12:48 AM
I sing... constately. Doesn't matter if I know the all the lyrics to the song
I 'll just keep reapeting the ones I know over and over again in an endless loop till I figure out what the rest of the lyrics are
then I start singing another song.

I kinda have the same problem, but I have to keep on singing for some reason. For the whole day, I get in trouble a lot for singing... I don't know why, but I don't feel right if I don't sing for a day. I just like get really unsure of everything I have to do, when I don't sing.

Curus
October 10th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Oh, goodness, I hate when you forget the lyrics or part of a tune, and your brain figures the best thing is to just have the ten seconds you do know on loop...augh!

Dinosaurshotgun
October 11th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Oh, goodness, I hate when you forget the lyrics or part of a tune, and your brain figures the best thing is to just have the ten seconds you do know on loop...augh!

You should do what my brain does and MAKE UP THE REST with ridiculous lyrics about chocolate.

Leafeon95
October 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM
~1. I tend to mess around with my fingers while I'm waiting for something or thinking. (like rubbing one on another, or rubbing whatever object I'm touching)
~2. I seem to mess with my right elbow a lot too, I noticed.
~3. I constantly let my eyes drift around a room and think of random things before I make myself snap back to what I was doing.
~4. I'm always resting the front of my face on my left hand whenever I'm on the computer
~5. I always push myself too far.
~6. #5 usually ends up in me hurting myself, which I tend to do A LOT.
~7. I don't really like starting up conversations with someone out of my family. (I'm always afraid of acting stupid or something)
~8. I don't like having to call someone on the phone either. (which is strange, lol)
~9. if I'm looking through something and I accidentally touch a picture of someone, I HAVE to touch the face of a picture to be satisfied that I'm not doing something wrong. :| (that's the weirdest one)

I have a lot of weird habits. :v
derp. D:

Sniper
July 3rd, 2011, 12:50 PM
Bumping old thread for good reason.

1. Every time I toss my clothes into my laundry basket, I say "Hadoken" or "Frag out."
2. I sometimes assume the running animations of TF2 characters, depending on how fast I'm going.
3. I tend to hold this paper roll like how the TF2 Engineer holds his shotgun. I even do the firing and reloading animations.
4. When I listen to music, my mind replicates a part of it in gunfire.
5. When I was happy, I kinda danced around like the TF2 Engineer and his Shotgun taunt.
6. I've also held that same paper roll as the Scout's bat, Soldier's shovel, and Sniper's Kukri. Complete with animation copy.
7. I sometimes sync two of the same videos just for that "echo" effect. Sync as in they both play the roughly same split-second at a time.
8. I throw objects like baseballs and other things like frag grenades.
9. Whenever I smell something bad, I say the Spy's "EEEWWWWUEGH!"
10. I've got a little Demoman jingle I made in my head that I sometimes sing a bit loudly at times.

I'm wondering what other weird habits I'll have later.

Erygirl
July 3rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
I keep on not looking where the stuff is at and I keep on hitting my toes on stuff like my younger brother toys.I pretty much had my little toe bleeding for hitting it on my younger brother's ship toy without looking.Nothing else I know that are weird habits.

Curus
July 3rd, 2011, 03:01 PM
I keep on not looking where the stuff is at and I keep on hitting my toes on stuff like my younger brother toys.I pretty much had my little toe bleeding for hitting it on my younger brother's ship toy without looking.Nothing else I know that are weird habits.

Wait, not looking where you're going and stubbing on other people's mess is weird?
Dang, better add that to my quirks.

Flippy
July 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
I have habits! Some weird however.
1.) I have a cupboard under my stairs, everytime I go into my kitchen, I close the door due to some form of paranoia.
2.) When I'm singing in my room, I have to check outside to make sure nobody's watching.
3.) I have a STRICT pencil crayon order. Some guys in workshop thought it would be funny to mess up all my pencils. I cried. It's like OCD. -__-
4.) I sing the most annoying songs I hate. (Friday, baby, ETC.)
5.) I say I'm right when I know I'm wrong.
6.) When on the bus, I have to check/ ajust my hand postition. Don't ask why. I just do.
7.) I alphabetise all my DVD's and games.
8.) I make sure all both DS screens are shiny. And the back of my iPod.
8.) I obsess over video game characters. Right now my obsession is: Ganondorf/ Phoenix Wright/ Apollo Justice/ Wocky Kitaki.
That's all~!

Luna_Kat
July 3rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
1. I cannot for the life of me let my arms swing when walking. It's just awkward to me so I walk with hands in pockets or arms crossed.
2. I hate chalkboards. I hate em. They irk me.
3. When walking on sidewalks I have my head down and look at my feet, that or I count how many steps I took in a square.
4. When I'm going from a lower area to a higher up one, ie: street to a curb, I do a little run and hop up.
5. When in my bathroom I open the shower curtains to make sure nothing is there. I'm very paranoid.
6. My mind wanders very easily when I'm being lectured or any long speeches. And even if I know it's wandering I don't try to stop it.
7. I tend to flip my hair a lot. It looks like I'm flirting with everyone, but I just like moving it to more comfortable positions.
8. I scratch my arms a bunch, even if they don't itch, and I don't know why.
That's all I remember as of now, but I'm sure I have more.

Erygirl
July 3rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
When its morning,I open the curtains up sometimes,but at night,I ALMOST NEVER open the curtains.I really afraid something bad would happen me when I open the curtains at night rarely.

Doofenshmirtz
July 3rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Is it normal to mix all the flavors of soda pop available at restaurants?

Why do I feel I already talked about this before?

Latiaslover97
July 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Is it normal to mix all the flavors of soda pop available at restaurants?

Why do I feel I already talked about this before?

It's normal.

I do it too. It makes such a good flavored drink!

Sniper
July 3rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
I forgot a few.

Sometimes, when I'm running, I kinda imitate a zombie from CoD BO and it's animations. Also, when I feel somewhat drunken, I utter Demoman gibberish quotes.

I'm also prone to flinging my arms and body everywhere as if I were a ragdoll on Gmod at times.

Valor
July 4th, 2011, 04:54 PM
That's...Interesting Engineer. :U

I've already told Eruedraith this, but when I catch Pokemon, my right hand spirals forward, and I clench it as I bring it down.

Erygirl
July 4th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Heres another one: I keep on eating ice a lot in my glass,I don't know why.

Luna_Kat
July 4th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I also have that sort of symmetrical touch that if I touch one side of my head I HAVE to touch the other side.

Lenore
July 4th, 2011, 08:33 PM
1. I try and microwave things for a prime number of seconds - not because of OCD, but because I feel that having quirks like that make me more interesting.
2. My elbows are almost always completely bent, because it feels weird for me if they're not. It drives my mother utterly insane.
3. I almost never use bookmarks or dogearing when reading - for some bizarre reason I prefer memorising the page number.

Er, I have more, but theu've slipped my mind...

Koj09
July 4th, 2011, 10:57 PM
1. When I do something with one hand, I force myself to do it again with the other hand then both hands at the same time. So say I crush a Goldfish cracker with my right hand. I then have to crush one with my left hand then with both.

More when I remember.

Doofenshmirtz
July 4th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Whenever I throw a Pokeball in any Pokemon game, I do the same motions as the character.

Ah, the trill of the hunt~

Curus
July 5th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Ok so a lot of people have mentioned that when they touch one side of their body, they have to touch the other side.
Well dang it, now you've made me aware that I do it sometimes, too!
And I'm pretty asymmetrical right now, guh.

Unaniem
July 5th, 2011, 09:17 AM
1) When I see myself in a mirror, I can hardly resist to make weird faces. Except when I'm at school of course~.
2) Before I take a shower, I always first need to go to the toilet, I dunno why...
3) I like to scare one of my friends all the time by walking up to her from behind and suddenly placing my hand on her shoulder. It's hilarious, I tell ya.
4) I always already slam the radio in our car off even before it's started making any noise. Probobly because I hate most modern music.
5) When I have nothing to draw during boring times in lessons, I just start drawing completely random flows of lines that go absolutely nowhere.
6) 65% of all the things I draw only have one eye.
7) When I sharp my pencil, it always has to be REALLY sharp, even if that isn't neccesairy at all.
8) I shout random nonsense out all the time, when I'm alone and when there's people around.

I am a weird person.

Curus
July 5th, 2011, 09:51 AM
1) When I see myself in a mirror, I can hardly resist to make weird faces. Except when I'm at school of course~.

I did this at school, too.

littlemac
July 5th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Whenever I eat lucky charms, I always make sure that each spoonful contains only one marshmallow. Don't ask me why. I've done this all my life. Also, whenever I eat Mcdonalds, I always eat the french fries first, then the burger.

Unaniem
July 5th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I did this at school, too.

Okay.

...Erm...I have to say anything else?

Sniper
July 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I just remembered, I always feel he need to raise my volume level on my laptop by five increments. Most of the time anyway. And I like ven numbers more than odd numbers on my volume level for some reason.

Lenore
July 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Oh yeah - whenever I'm on the main page of the forums, I always count how many users with colourful names are online and sort them into groups - e.g. seven vets, two Lords of the Arena, three mods and one admin. I have absolutely no idea why I do this.

Koj09
July 5th, 2011, 05:47 PM
When I run, I sometimes have my arms flailing behind me like this (http://adventuretimewithfinnandjake.wikia.com/wiki/File:1atfinnjake.jpg)

I always drink "swamp water" when I go to restaurants (swamp water is made by mixing every possible type of drink from the refill machine.)

I sometimes make fake bird calls to try and get a reply (hey, it works.)

I imitate things I hear on TV. :3

I always check behind my shower curtains due to extreme parinoia.

I always drink milk from a cereal bowl but never when it's from the jug.

I can't get by a day without eating somekind of fruit.

Man, so many of other peoples awkward habits are things I do too.

Zikki-Dee
July 5th, 2011, 06:41 PM
When a bad thought pops in my head, I have to say something totally unrelated to it out loud. It's better for me to focus on something I hear, rather than what already in my head.

I talk/laugh to myself about funny memories at home AND in public. It creeps people out.

I often daydream about very unreal things just fro the thrill of letting my imagination fly.

I tend to challenge teachers whenever they challenge me, but I often leave my peers alone.

I'm cautious about the way I walk in public, making sure my hips don't sway so much.

Weird huh?

Ark
July 5th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I have to walk around, and that drives my parents nuts. Not so much the walking around part, but the fact that I'm always walking in the same place, taking the same exact steps around the kitchen island, the dinner table, and yadda yadda. My body just can't sit still and it's really a bother, especially since it keeps me up at night (not like I'm going to bed anyway lol).

Hobo
July 5th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I copy other people's hand movements without realizing, and that makes them think I'm making fun of them or something.

Zikki-Dee
July 5th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I copy other people's hand movements without realizing, and that makes them think I'm making fun of them or something.

I do that, Only with a comment they might say. They think the same thing. So I've been trying to stop that habit.

Chain Chomp
July 5th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I forgot a few.

Sometimes, when I'm running, I kinda imitate a zombie from CoD BO and it's animations. Also, when I feel somewhat drunken, I utter Demoman gibberish quotes.

I'm also prone to flinging my arms and body everywhere as if I were a ragdoll on Gmod at times.

i do all three of these.mostly the body flinging. i only do the Demoman thing when i have a headache though.i dont drink.

aside from that here are some ones iv'e noticed about me
i randomly twitch sometimes i dunno why
when on the side walk i constatly try to make a pattern of the cracks i step over
when my brother and i go skateboarding since i'm constantly in fear of getting really hurt i aways run off the skateboard when it starts going fast.usually works.but it didint once and i did like a flip and landed on the ground.hard i might add
at resturaunts when they havee those giant things of sugar i constantly mix them up with salt.sugar frosted fried chicken isnt as good as it sounds unfortunatly.
i still play with action figures.and most of the times i do i make a really big story out of it.
when i play sports i constantly make up my own styles.my friends and i love the Donkey Kong style i made in baseball.(thats wheree you hold the bat with one hand at use swing with all you power.)
when i have scabs i constantly try to peel them off.

only ones i can think of for now

Mr. Redstone
July 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I sleep with full cover (Thick comforter, Electric blanket and sheet) year-round. I turn the electric blanket off in the summer, though.

JSG
July 6th, 2011, 10:25 AM
When I was a kid, around seven to ten years old, I would always eat in a funny way. In certain foods (chicken nuggets, sausage, etc.), I would always eat them in a strange way. With foods that you can cut up into pieces, I would divide them up into threes. Each piece I would take, I would chew it three times on the left side of the jaw, three times in the middle side, and three times on the right side. Then swallow no matter how much chewing it still needs left. I always thought that would helkp "balance my jaws" or something like that.

Another thing I still remember is that I had a phobia of the Windows XP starting music. Whenever I was young, and somebody was going to use the computer, I would run into another room and cover my ears. Same thing goes for other sounds such as game over music, an elephant sound, and Sonic's drowning music.

I'm strange, huh?

Hammerlord
July 11th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I literally talk to myself when I play any video game. Like, I sometimes have discussions with my mind and then I start speaking to nowhere. I also think out loud when I'm at the super market doing my part of the shopping list. Sometimes I play with my thoughts and laugh to myself randomly. I can play Mario Kart Wii with my feet and win. That's because I often try to play some games with my feet just for the challenge. I study video game history more than some school subjects. I have never fell in love.
I fell like I'm home when I see the other users's posts. I think I'm even more strange than JSG. :p

Valor
July 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I figured out that I bit my lips a lot and I can't seem to stop, maybe Gum would be a better alternative.I sometimes chew on my fingernails because I don't know why. I know for sure that I play some parts of a song on the piano with my eyes closed, because I can't remember seeing the keys when I play. I bet I have more.

Edit: I found one more: Every time I see a mirror, I have to stop and look at myself, and flex a little. I find it rather strange, but I guess most guys do that too.

Erygirl
July 11th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I figured out that I bit my lips a lot and I can't seem to stop, maybe Gum would be a better alternative.I sometimes chew on my fingernails because I don't know why.
I keep on biting my lips and chewing my finger nails too.I keep on doing it even though my parents told me to stop picking them.

charigaara
July 11th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I eat myself~
To clarify, when biting my nails, I also bite the skin around my nails, chew, and swallow~
I also swallow my lip skin when I bite it~

I also feel the need to make my bed right before I go to sleep. Not when I wake up, just right before I crawl in for bed. I'm not exactly sure why~

Talking to myself is literally all I do when I'm alone. Then people walk in and look at me strangely. I laugh~

And um...oh, I prefer to eat popcorn plain, without butter or salt or anything. I like my fries without salt, too~
And on a baked potato, I put (in this order) butter, ranch, and cheese. Then I eat it all, even the skin~ Without the aforementioned condiments, I eat them plain, too~
Ha, a lot of my stuff involves eating~

Koj09
July 11th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I eat myself~
To clarify, when biting my nails, I also bite the skin around my nails, chew, and swallow~
I also swallow my lip skin when I bite it~
Ha, a lot of my stuff involves eating~

I do this as well. I'm actually eating my lip right now. I was gonna post it but I just said it and... *bricks self*

Um...

Hm...

When I think of something I'll say it.

Lenore
July 11th, 2011, 06:00 PM
When I was a kid, around seven to ten years old, I would always eat in a funny way. In certain foods (chicken nuggets, sausage, etc.), I would always eat them in a strange way. With foods that you can cut up into pieces, I would divide them up into threes. Each piece I would take, I would chew it three times on the left side of the jaw, three times in the middle side, and three times on the right side. Then swallow no matter how much chewing it still needs left. I always thought that would helkp "balance my jaws" or something like that.

I'm strange, huh?

That's silly. Everyone knows that you have to chew it FOUR times each, not three. [/totallyusedtodothat]

Someguyfromcrowd
July 11th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I feel the constant urge to squeeze my eyes shut and to yawn. Could be sleep deprivation, I guess.

That's silly. Everyone knows that you have to chew it FOUR times each, not three. [/totallyusedtodothat]

Pros use a food processor and dump their meal into it first.

ARC Trooper CX-7529
July 11th, 2011, 07:35 PM
after playing halo reach i discovered i walk around like Noble 6 without meaning to. Plus, I walk with my right hand in a fist and the other open. But, really, I have begun to think everything i do is borderlining a wierd habit

Sniper
July 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I now tend to move my hands as if I was holding a gun and reloading it.

Such as the TMP animations from MW2.

ARC Trooper CX-7529
July 11th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I now tend to move my hands as if I was holding a gun and reloading it.

Such as the TMP animations from MW2.

THANK THE LORD ABOVE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES THIS!!!!!!! Oh, for another habuit I like to imatate Elites. Wort Wort Wort :3

ShyGuysBro
July 11th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I MUST listen do music when doing something that takes forever, otherwise I completly lose intrest and scrap whatever I was working on.

Sir Galahadn't
July 17th, 2011, 09:57 PM
In video games, for some reason, I have to have everything neat. If I'm chopping up grass for money or something, I have to chop up every single thing in the clump of grass I'm working on, even though they (obviously) just grow back when I leave the area. I also collect health pickups lying around even when my health is completely full and "my sword is shooting beams".

It's like.... Obsessive Compulsive Gaming Disorder.

Flowerchan
July 17th, 2011, 10:09 PM
with me, i cant stay still when im thinking of a tory, unless im drawing. if im in a roleplay, i will literally get up from the computer, walk to my room, and walk back.
also im paranoid due to reading too much creepypasta. ;A; everytime i go into my room i have a poster with five people on it and their all staring at meee. doesnt help i can see two of them from the computer, so i usually will get up, clsoe the door, then two mintues later open it again because i dislike not being able to see in my room.

Zikki-Dee
July 17th, 2011, 11:59 PM
-I refuse to clean up my kitchen with out listening to music, usually those 15 min youtube vids of video game music.

-When ever I eat M&Ms or Skittles, I have to chew the same number of pieces on each side of the mouth. If it's an odd number, I bite the one piece left in half so I have the same number on each side.

-Singing really loud in the shower isn't a weird habit is it?

-I'm more content playing video games when no ones is around. Unless I'm playing with them.

-I talk to the computer, TV, and video games a lot out of distress.

Hammerlord
July 18th, 2011, 12:04 PM
-I refuse to clean up my kitchen with out listening to music, usually those 15 min youtube vids of video game music.

-When ever I eat M&Ms or Skittles, I have to chew the same number of pieces on each side of the mouth. If it's an odd number, I bite the one piece left in half so I have the same number on each side.

-Singing really loud in the shower isn't a weird habit is it?

-I'm more content playing video games when no ones is around. Unless I'm playing with them.

-I talk to the computer, TV, and video games a lot out of distress.

I TOTALLY do that when I eat M&Ms! Also, when I eat Skittles, I separate them by color and then start making pictures with them. I also must eat them in a certain color order like green, red, orange, purple, pink, then I start with green again for some reason.

littlemac
July 18th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Whenever I play video games, I have a habit of talking to myself as if I'm doing a Let's Play.

Sniper
July 18th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I have two more.

Whenever I see a door, I have a temptation to kick it down or open.

I tend to punch things with Heavy animations or the animations used in Fallout 3.

charigaara
July 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Ha, I thought of another one of my eating habits~!
Let's say I'm eating mashed potatoes, macaroni, and salad. If I start on the macaroni, I have to finish it before I start anything else. Then I have to finish the potatoes, then the salad. I can't eat a little bit of one thing and then a little bit of another. This often leads to my dad asking, "Are you going to eat this?" as he shovels it into his mouth~

Nix
July 18th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Whenever I play video games, I have a habit of talking to myself as if I'm doing a Let's Play.

I've found I've done this a lot recently myself.
I'll even start spouting out my tactics for a game, or a certain boss or something like that as part of it.
I find this strange because I've never recorded something like a Let's Play or anything before. Or even have a YouTube account or anything.

I also tend to copy common/awesome motions from my favorite characters from anything I've been watching or playing recently.
For example, I snap my fingers a lot, like Roy Mustang does to create a spark so that he can make a flame, or I'll snap my wrists back like Ezio Auditore when he's using his hidden blades.

I also, to pass time, act like I'm one of my various characters while I'm doing anything. anything. Well, as long as I'm trying to pass time. If not, then I don't do it quite as much.

Ario
July 18th, 2011, 02:38 PM
whenever i hear music, I either march to the beat, pretend to conduct, or do a hand motion of the instruments.
EVERY TIME.
except when it's my sister's music, I just run away.

Sniper
July 18th, 2011, 08:26 PM
When I hear the drum part of a song, I sometimes imitate that I'm firing a gun to the drum beat.

I remember, I mostly imitated shotguns and their pump-action too.

Crabmaster
July 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I have the habit of never laughing normally, most of the time it ends up a higher toned insane laugh, or a deep evil sounding laugh. Even my chuckle can sound evil sometimes. It can get kinda funny sometimes, but it can also just sound crazy or weird.

Hammerlord
July 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
I've found I've done this a lot recently myself.
I'll even start spouting out my tactics for a game, or a certain boss or something like that as part of it.
I find this strange because I've never recorded something like a Let's Play or anything before. Or even have a YouTube account or anything.

I also tend to copy common/awesome motions from my favorite characters from anything I've been watching or playing recently.
For example, I snap my fingers a lot, like Roy Mustang does to create a spark so that he can make a flame, or I'll snap my wrists back like Ezio Auditore when he's using his hidden blades.

I also, to pass time, act like I'm one of my various characters while I'm doing anything. anything. Well, as long as I'm trying to pass time. If not, then I don't do it quite as much.

I also talk to myself like I was LPing. I am seriously thinking about start LPing, but I want to be 100% sure before starting something that takes such responsibility and commitment.
I also rehearse when I'm in the shower.

Latiaslover97
July 19th, 2011, 12:38 PM

Heh, I thought I was the only one who did that stuff. It really has to do with my current obsession though, I tried mochi becuase of Hetalia, you know.

Sniper
July 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Hey, you know those rice cookers which open from the top? Yeah.... after I close them, I kinda hit the top in the way the MW2 people reload LMGs. So I pound the top of the rice cooker lid to close it. No too hard though.

Kameron
July 24th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Let me begin with this fact: Any time I play a class-based game (Like Star Wars Battlefront 2, Battlefield 2, Team Fortress 2, Lord of the Rings: Conquest, or Call of Duty.) I am fairly versatile. I can play ANY class relatively effectively.

Keep in mind this is not an odd strategy, it's an involuntary habit.

I rotate classes. I do it differently every time. In Lord of the Rings: Conquest I change to the next class every time I die. In Battlefield: Bad Company I change to the next class or the next gun on the list. In Team Fortress 2, if I do poorly for ONE life, I immediately open the class window and hit the random button, same thing applies to Call of Duty.

It's weird, I don't really intend to do it, I just DO it.

Sniper
August 7th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Weird habit has evolved.

I now jog while having the arm position of holding a gun. Mostly something that resembled an assault rifle, pistol, or the Steyr TMP. Sometimes doing reloading animations too.

Also same as above, but I walk in a slow fashion while looking at the sky. Resembles me being a bored guardsman idly staring at the sky.

littlemac
September 2nd, 2011, 07:22 PM
I often act out my favorite video games in my spare time. It's like LARPing, except only me, and even nerdier.

Rai
September 2nd, 2011, 07:42 PM
For one, sometimes I'll put on a long coat, fedora, and a scarf my grandmother made (She actually knitted a replica of The Fourth Doctor's scarf.) and play Doctor Who for a bit, pretending that my dogs are aliens. I get funny looks very frequently.

Sniper
September 3rd, 2011, 01:41 AM
I find myself doing the TF2 Thriller taunt to music I like. Also, everyone once in a while, I quietly mumble the beginning of the MLP:FiM intro song.

EDIT: When I pick dates from the tree in my backyard, I keep the largest one I find in my hand at all times, except when I'm tossing it up and down like the Scout's Sandman ball.

2nd EDIT: If I'm bored I now crack my lower jaw. It doesn't hurt, but I usually get called out by my mom.

Everyone also think it's weird. I am a weird person.

Mr. Redstone
September 3rd, 2011, 03:05 AM
You know how some people just tap their fingers when they get bored? I type. Seriously, my fingers actually behave as if they're typing something. I'd like to think its because I type so much on a daily basis, but it's starting to wierd me out...

Ark
September 3rd, 2011, 09:50 PM
I honestly didn't know that I was doing this until a friend pointed it out to me, and I have to say that I'm kind of embarrassed.

When I'm skateboarding down a hill and I want to go fast, I start singing the Speed Racer theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auszi9bUr3o). Usually it's just the "Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer Gooooo" part though. I don't know why I do it, but for some reason it's become an odd habit. :P

Sven
September 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I have Algebra-1 and my younger brother has regular math. When I get really hard homework, I walk into the room he's in, and go "Heh, you think you have it hard?!" and shove the paper in his face. He then responds with, "I don't think I have it hard." And yes, he doesn't think he has it hard, but that's the habit.

I VENT MY ROUGH HOMEWORK TO MY MY BROTHER.

Dieza Rattman™
September 9th, 2011, 03:41 AM
I tend to let my nails overgrow and whenever I see an eraser or rubber made stuff or even silicone I HAVE to scratch them. That's how I run short of erasers in school so fast. That and other small acts and behaviors have made my friends call me a human cat.

And another habit that I hate, but can't stop, is when I'm imagining a fight or just doing anything else I'm always moving my neck or tilting my fingers. In fact I just did while I was typing this.

Noka
September 9th, 2011, 04:12 AM
It's hard to explain for this habit of mine, but I seem to set pointless tiny goals and then be unhappy with the outcome and change.
Like an example would be..
"Oh, I'm totally going to catch this pokemon before we get home"
*arrive home*
"Okay maybe I'll catch it before I go to my room"

I dunno, it's really difficult for me to explain, haha.
Also when I do almost anything for a little bit, my mouth starts to hang open. I dislike it, and I'm trying not to do that anymore. ;~;

Sniper
September 9th, 2011, 05:29 PM
My quiet laughs will always sound like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-r-DWF8UA0&feature=related)

sevenstitch
September 9th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I straighten Displays whenever I'm standing in line at the store. You know,
organizing pens by color, making sure that all of the candy bars are right-side up,
that sort of thing. I also drink a gallon of water a day, usually all at once, straight
out of my jug in the fridge. I've heard that isn't good for you, but it only makes me
have to pee alot.

Dieza Rattman™
September 9th, 2011, 05:42 PM
It's hard to explain for this habit of mine, but I seem to set pointless tiny goals and then be unhappy with the outcome and change.
Like an example would be..
"Oh, I'm totally going to catch this pokemon before we get home"
*arrive home*
"Okay maybe I'll catch it before I go to my room"

I dunno, it's really difficult for me to explain, haha.

GOSH! I do that too! Finally, I'm not alone.

Hammerlord
September 27th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Sometimes, when I'm bored in a line for something, I start "practicing" on doing pokemon cries, such as Spearow's and Drowzee's.

Zikki-Dee
September 27th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I have this strange habit to look at the sky and study the clouds for rain. Like, the darker it is, the longer the rainfall. Or the faster the clouds move, the harder they fall. I'm no meteorologist though, so I'm typically wrong =P

The Spark
October 4th, 2011, 03:53 PM
When I'm trying to think of or remember something, I put my fingers/fingernails on my lips.

Hobo
October 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I often act out my favorite video games in my spare time. It's like LARPing, except only me, and even nerdier.

Same, but I don't limit myself to just video games. And I don't always do it in private either, I've noticed. After watching a movie or something, I start emulating my favorite character. Like, when I watched Clerks I started acting like Randal (ie, a jerkass), and when I watched Bonus Stages I started acting like Joel, then eventually Phil... and now I'm stuck on Phil, I think. Anyways, weird.

Sniper
October 26th, 2011, 06:52 PM
So now that I had changed my name to Sniper in these forums, I'm a lot more prone to saying "Ah piss." when something goes wrong. Such as me closing the wrong tab or window.

And cracking my knuckles the "original" way, then cracking them again by making a fist, then bending the outermost joint them inward towards my knuckles. And cracking my jaw, now both sides.

MetalHero727
October 26th, 2011, 06:56 PM
When I have a lot on my mind I start biting my thumb, then i realize i'm biting it and it suddenly hurts like hell xD

Snickerway
October 26th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I twist my fingers into knots. It's... freaky, to say the least.
Also putting "..." in my text.

DreamlandDreamer
October 27th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I have an uncanny habit of hearing my own name in a conversation, even when I'm like, three rooms away and I can't hear the rest of it. I then go to whoever said my name and ask them what exactly were they talking about, and why my name was mentioned. I'd like to stop this but I can't help myself...

Whenever I listen to songs with evil laughter in them (like U.N.Owen was her, or Thriller) I mime along with the laughter. Yet another habit to stop~

If I'm playing Revenge of Meta Knight from Kirby Super Star Ultra, I always imagine the characters speaking in different voices- and no, Meta Knight doesn't have a Spanish accent. One time I acted them out bearing in mind that I'm of the opposite gender. It was hilarious, for me anyway.

Hammerlord
October 31st, 2011, 04:35 PM
If I'm playing Revenge of Meta Knight from Kirby Super Star Ultra, I always imagine the characters speaking in different voices- and no, Meta Knight doesn't have a Spanish accent. One time I acted them out bearing in mind that I'm of the opposite gender. It was hilarious, for me anyway.

I would always voice act Meta Knight with Batman's voice.

Eruedraith
October 31st, 2011, 04:49 PM
I have an uncanny habit of hearing my own name in a conversation, even when I'm like, three rooms away and I can't hear the rest of it. I then go to whoever said my name and ask them what exactly were they talking about, and why my name was mentioned. I'd like to stop this but I can't help myself...

This is actually a natural response that a lot of people have. People have become so used to hearing their own name that they've become sensitive to whenever people say it, even if it's across a crowded room.

Isn't the human body cool?

littlemac
November 16th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Whenever I go to grocery stores, I have an odd habit of grabbing and gulping grapes. I have been doing this since I was a kid, and nobody's caught me yet besides my parents!

Doofenshmirtz
November 16th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Whenever I go to grocery stores, I have an odd habit of grabbing and gulping grapes. I have been doing this since I was a kid, and nobody's caught me yet besides my parents!

That's not really a weird habit, but who am I to judge people?

I have this odd habit (more of a nervous reaction) of biting my lower lip and biting off the dead skin and chewing it.

Its annoying and yet, satisfying. How peculiar.

Zatch.
November 16th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Get into the shower and spend a modicum of time actually sanitizing myself. Indolence overpowers me, and I contemplate for the remainder of the shower. Out of a 20 minute shower, I spend anywhere from 2-5 minutes actually washing up, and the rest I just spend standing there, thinking. From what I've heard recently, however, this is pretty common, so I'm a bit more nonchalant about the habit.

Edit: Doofenshmirtz, I have that habit too.

littlemac
November 16th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I am just like you, Zatch. The shower thing, I mean.

Nix
November 16th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I have this odd habit (more of a nervous reaction) of biting my lower lip and biting off the dead skin and chewing it.

I do this too, and I sort of hate it.
I've more than once taken more skin than I should have off my lip and ended up with it being sore for hours.

Eruedraith
November 16th, 2011, 12:08 PM

I used to do this all the time as a kid with green beans.

Gah, I do this to this day. I don't even know why.

Get into the shower and spend a modicum of time actually sanitizing myself. Indolence overpowers me, and I contemplate for the remainder of the shower. Out of a 20 minute shower, I spend anywhere from 2-5 minutes actually washing up, and the rest I just spend standing there, thinking. From what I've heard recently, however, this is pretty common, so I'm a bit more nonchalant about the habit.

Yeah, I do this a lot too. It's actually quite a good way to clear your thoughts, if expensive on the utilities side of things.

One weird I've had for the longest time is designing music videos in my head whenever I listen to a song I really like. Anyone else ever do this?

Nix
November 16th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I do this a lot too. It's actually quite a good way to clear your thoughts, if expensive on the utilities side of things.

Yeah, I concur.
It is a great way to do so.
In my opinion, the only thing topping in that area it is a large, quiet field.
But maybe that's just me.

One weird I've had for the longest time is designing music videos in my head whenever I listen to a song I really like. Anyone else ever do this?

I do this a lot, actually.
Many times when I'm listening to music I'll think of situations that are fitting to it and actually play a scene out in my head.
Which is my equivalent of designing a music video, I suppose.
Not exactly the same thing, probably, but it's what I do.

Hammerlord
November 18th, 2011, 03:49 PM
When I was a kid (around 7-8 years old) I used to chew towels all the time. Same thing with shirts. Even when I would go out for a movie or whatever, my shirt would have this darker-wet-chewed spot on it. Thank god this was so long ago.

Cerd
November 18th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I pretty much have OCD. It was never diagnosed, but everybody who knows me agree with that (Inclunding myself). When I accidentally bump my arm on something I have to touch that thing with my other arm so I can feel even. Sometimes I feel the urge to walk on the same pattern of the tiles of the floor. And even when I play games I have some weird habits, like when I play pokemon, when I first enter a route I have to walk at least once on every single grass there are in there, although this helped me on one of gyms puzzles.

Eruedraith
November 18th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Another thing that I've realized that I do a lot is spell random words backwards in my head. I don't know why, I just enjoy it.

Mariorulez14
November 18th, 2011, 10:28 PM
That lip-biting thing from a few posts up...I do that too. I guess it's more common that I originally thought!
I have some kind of weird habits, like pulling at my ears when I'm bored/excited (like today during the Minecon livestream...my ears are still sore >.<) and always doing things with my right hand before my left (grabbing two-handed things, washing my hands, opening doors, etc.). I also tend to make a snorting noise when I sniff to clear my nose.

charigaara
November 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I often try to pop random parts of my body, but it really goes into overdrive when I type or play soccer. It's usually just me rolling my wrists every few seconds because those pop any time I do that.

And with the lip-biting thing I do that all the time. Nervousness is not a factor~! Also I think I bite when there isn't dead skin. And I've realized that my top lip has more skin than my bottom lip, mostly in that little nub thing right in the middle~

Also I sleep at the foot of my bed rather than having my head towards the headboard.

Snickerway
November 19th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I like to know completely pointless things and will often go way out of my way to get some information with no purpose whatsoever. The other day, I wanted to know how much a lego piece costs on average, and I took a bunch of lego sets, divided the the price by the piece count, and averaged the results, doing most of that in my head, getting a result of $0.15. I then stopped to wonder why I did that. *shrug*
I also shrug a lot
And to add to that, I run around and drink things (usually water from my fridge) when I'm excited.

charigaara
November 22nd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Oh, and this is relevant to today, so I'll mention this~!

You know those sort of rubbery wristbands everyone has, like the Live Strong ones? Every time I get those I can't help but chew them. Accessories feel weird on my wrist and fun in my teeth I guess~
But yeah I had one that I chewed to tiny pieces that I had to throw away today. I was spitting out rainbow bits all day. I miss it, even though chewing it for about a week gave me a bit of a toothache~

Sven
November 22nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
This was stuck in my brain for a couple of years... Whenever I'd hear a word, I'd try to find a word's "number". Like, the letter "B". There's the line that goes down, so that's 1. Then, you do the upper bump, and that's two strokes, so that makes the number total 3. Then, the lower bump is the same as the upper bump, so the total is 5. You're basically counting the strokes. But that's just a letter. Say, "But". 5 for B, 2 for u (1 stroke bringing it down, one going up), and two for t (down one and strike-through one). So, the number is "9". So I'd be like, "Kinetic. Number; 17." It was addicting.

Zatch.
November 22nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Saunter into a room, only to question what my intent was in doing so, pretend to check a text as to not make my confusion appear conspicuous, then leave the room.

Snickerway
November 22nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Saunter into a room, only to question what my intent was in doing so, pretend to check a text as to not make my confusion appear conspicuous, then leave the room.

I do that ALL THE TIME, except due to being one of only three residents of my house I don't have to justify myself often.

Hobo
November 23rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
Just noticed: careful when reading these because you may pick some of the habits up yourself. I'm going to be counting letter all day now. Great.

Jacio
November 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
Whenever I climb stairs, when I reach the top my right foot must be there. I memorize what foot must be where in just about every common place that I go to. Thankfully, both staircases in my house start with left, thus preventing any confusion. I am weird.

littlemac
November 23rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
I have a habit of counting the syllables of my sentences, trying to make every sentence I say have an even number of syllables. Oddly enough, I don't do that when I type.

Sven
November 23rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Just noticed: careful when reading these because you may pick some of the habits up yourself. I'm going to be counting letter all day now. Great.

THAT'S ALMOST EXACTLY HOW I GOT HOOKED ON IT! I was sitting in bed one night, (my thinking time) and I was pondering about how humans managed to create the whole language and letters and such, and I remember how easy it was to learn. I'd remember our teacher going, "One line slanted up, one line slanted down, and one line through the middle. A!" and I thought also, "Wait... THIS COULD BE THE NEW MORSE CODE." Also, Hobo, did you ever think about the "Infinite-Lined Curve" theory? (A theory I made, where a curve ((lets say "C")) has an infinite amount of lines, because it is not composed of straight lines, so there's basically numerous extremely small lines making what appears to be a curve, though it can easily be disproved, because the method is strokes, not lines.) Well, that's how deeply I went into it. It literally took me 4 years to stop myself from automatically thinking of a word's number when somebody says something. By the way, the word "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"; It's number is 83.

Also, (WEIRD HABIT OF THE DAY) mentioned above, right before I go to bed is my thinking time, and I always brainstorm n' stuff, and I always think of the most clever and creative ideas, and awesome comebacks if some jerk ever (insert 'jerk-involved' situation), and I'm in my element, then when I go to sleep it all goes down the drain and I use, like, a fifth of the stuff I thought of to my own use.

Hobo
November 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
"Infinite-Lined Curve" theory? (A theory I made, where a curve ((lets say "C")) has an infinite amount of lines, because it is not composed of straight lines, so there's basically numerous extremely small lines making what appears to be a curve...
Yeah! I heard it applied to coastlines, actually. See, if you search for how long America's coastline is you'll get an answer that can vary by tens of thousands of miles. Some people only measure the rough outline, other people measure like every single divot, because the closer you look the more you find to measure, ad infinitum. I thought of the idea before learning it was an actual idea too.

...right before I go to bed is my thinking time, and I always brainstorm n' stuff, and I always think of the most clever and creative ideas, and awesome comebacks if some jerk ever (insert 'jerk-involved' situation), and I'm in my element, then when I go to sleep it all goes down the drain and I use, like, a fifth of the stuff I thought of to my own use.

I do this too. I've considered writing my comebacks down and selling them to others because I sure as heck don't use them.

Sven
November 23rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
Yeah! I heard it applied to coastlines, actually. See, if you search for how long America's coastline is you'll get an answer that can vary by tens of thousands of miles. Some people only measure the rough outline, other people measure like every single divot, because the closer you look the more you find to measure, ad infinitum. I thought of the idea before learning it was an actual idea too.

HUH! I didn't know that was an idea either... But I use the Infinite Line theory to my advantage, sometimes, because (for instance) I taught my brother this, and he'd say things like, "I bet 'Carrot' has only 15 in it!", and I'd say, "Nah, it's like 19 or something." and he'd say "Prove it!" So I'd use the theory to my advantage, and just add the amount of number to "C" I needed, and just add the other letter's numbers. Looks like I found another "Word-Numerologist"! And we've probably attracted innocent bystanders into this habit.

Sniper
November 23rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
When I'm bored, I'll either:

1. Replay animations of MW3 enemies being shot
2. Imitate TF2 class taunts/running animations
3. Idly walk around pretending I'm holding a gun*
4. Make gestures which look vaguely like military commands*
5. Start talking to myself and end up making an entire scene in my head and playing it out on the spot

*Recently, I've always thought of the MP5 when doing these.

I'll do these things quite a lot.
EDIT: When I'm listening to songs, I tend to replace parts of it with gunfire in my mind.

littlemac
November 24th, 2011, 09:35 AM
When I'm bored, I'll either:

1. Replay animations of MW3 enemies being shot
2. Imitate TF2 class taunts/running animations
3. Idly walk around pretending I'm holding a gun*
4. Make gestures which look vaguely like military commands*
5. Start talking to myself and end up making an entire scene in my head and playing it out on the spot

*Recently, I've always thought of the MP5 when doing these.

I'll do these things quite a lot.
EDIT: When I'm listening to songs, I tend to replace parts of it with gunfire in my mind.

Man, you need help.

Chain Chomp
November 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I have this one habit that really annnoys my father.when i go up stairs i crawl slowly up like a sick dog.but when i come down i charge full speed like a bat outta heck.I've actually hurt people doing this.namely my German Sheperd.

Nix
November 28th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Here's one.
It's really only weird, I think, because I don't play piano, or really most any instrument.
But when listening to music, I will start playing various different instruments (mainly piano, which is why I said piano specifically) to the song.
Like the entire song. Even though I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

BrandonSP
November 29th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I tend to talk to myself... only when there are other people in the room or people on the phone listening to what I'm saying. When I do this I start narrating all my actions as if I were making an LP about whatever it is I'm doing whether it be playing Majora's Mask or yelling at my printer until it works.

Chain Chomp
November 30th, 2011, 04:09 AM
I tend to talk to myself... only when there are other people in the room or people on the phone listening to what I'm saying. When I do this I start narrating all my actions as if I were making an LP about whatever it is I'm doing whether it be playing Majora's Mask or yelling at my printer until it works.

I'm guilty of this one to.i don't know why.i also pretend im making a video when eating dinner like i'm Smosh.

Eruedraith
November 30th, 2011, 10:07 AM
One thing that I've noticed that I do is that whenever I listen to music, I almost always have to listen to them in albums. Occasionally I can just listen to one song or so, but most of the time I feel this need to listen to the entire album.

Zatch.
December 1st, 2011, 11:37 AM
i also pretend im making a video when eating dinner like i'm Smosh.
I'm rather ignorant on 'Smosh', but I do this frequently. Gives me a sense of enjoyment for myself when my friends aren't present (generally; I do it when they're present as well), and helps my self-esteem a good amount.

I think I have a tendency to turn on objects, turn doorknobs, and other routine occurrences with my right hand, even when my left hand would seem like an obvious better choice, like when I'm carrying a heavy load of groceries in my right hand, and my left hand is free. I'll deliberately transfer all of the groceries in my right hand to my left, and open the door with my right instead.

Sporb
January 9th, 2012, 10:50 PM
I have quite a few:

I tend to pop all the joints in my hands frequently. Sometimes I'll flex my hand like I'm popping it, even if nothing happens. For some reason I only do this with my left hand.
I almost always go up stairs 2 at a time, even when I'm tired. Since I'm not coodinated enough to do this going downstairs, I tend to jump down the last few steps instead.
When I see a digital clock, I tend to try to make the numbers on both sides of the colon equal by inserting numerical operands. For example, 12:58 becomes 1 + 2 = -5 + 8.
I tend to imitate characters from movies, TV shows, video games, etc. when I talk. I'll try to work some of their lines into my daily conversation. This doesn't translate well into, let's say, forum posts, because it is often the way something is said that is distinctive, not the actual words.
This may not exactly be a habit, but I have this weird cycle I go through when I find a new video game, TV show, movie, webcomic, etc. that I like. I don't often try new things, but when I find something I enjoy, I usually remain in a state bordering on obsession with it for the next few weeks/months. Then I'll "cool off;" I still enjoy whatever it is, but I won't be nearly as -EXCIT-ED about it. Then I'll find something else and start the cycle over again.

I probably have more weird habits, but that's more than enough for 1 post.

Pikanator
January 9th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Here is a wired hbiat of mnie. Smoeemtis, whtoiut knwinog it, I will jsut rdanomly jmlbue up the wodrs in my senetnce. The fnuny tihng is taht I do not ctach wehn I do, rthaer, ohrtes usulaly tell me wehn I do. Odd, is taht not?

But seriously, I don't think I have any odd habits. The example above is an odd habit of the human mind (http://www.douglastwitchell.com/scrambled_words.asp).

kingkirby77
January 9th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I have a tendency to sigh and go "hmmm" a lot, or so I am told by others.

Although I am right handed I drink things with my left and automatically move the glass from the right to the left when a table set up to meet this need.

Also when I am really tired I tend to laugh at anything and everything, which can lead to very awkward situations...

littlemac
January 13th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I have a habit of scratching the back of my head whenever I'm nervous or confused. It used to happen so often that my mom thought I might have lice!

Valor
January 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM
It depends where I am. If I am at a swim meet, I somehow end up doing a weird little dance thing while I wait for my event, or I pose on the block right before I swim my event. It is really fun, to be honest, but I really have to think about not doing my dance thing in order to actually not do it, it's a fun habit now.

littlemac
January 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Whenever I get hit in a game, I have a habit of saying "OW!" as if I actually got hit.

kingkirby77
January 15th, 2012, 04:25 PM
It depends where I am. If I am at a swim meet, I somehow end up doing a weird little dance thing while I wait for my event, or I pose on the block right before I swim my event. It is really fun, to be honest, but I really have to think about not doing my dance thing in order to actually not do it, it's a fun habit now.

I love to just randomly to a little jig as I wait for the train to the university! It is the best now that it is winter since it keeps me all warm and entertains me while I wait. It usually works the best though when I am listening to music so people aren't entirely weirded out by it :)

SBSam
January 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I have a couple of odd habits.

-Whenever I hear a song, I start to conduct to try and find out the time signature. I've gotten quite a few comments from some friends, and after sitting through a show with some other Choir members, one of them came up to me and simply said "You just can't stop, can't you?" And honestly, I can't. I need to do something to keep with time/beat.

-I tend to ramble. A lot. To myself, when no one's watching.

-Whenever I get the chance, I'm usually the first to slip in references from LPers or famous people. (So much so that my circle knows the 'NO!' from me more than Chugga, though this is probably due to the fact only one of them watches Chugga's videos.)

-I sing about random things in my day, especially when I'm under pressure or stressed.

-I have a terrible tendency to use ellipses in my typing or in writing in general.

(That's all I got for now.)

Hammerlord
January 18th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I have a couple of odd habits.
-Whenever I hear a song, I start to conduct to try and find out the time signature. I've gotten quite a few comments from some friends, and after sitting through a show with some other Choir members, one of them came up to me and simply said "You just can't stop, can't you?" And honestly, I can't. I need to do something to keep with time/beat.
-I tend to ramble. A lot. To myself, when no one's watching.
-Whenever I get the chance, I'm usually the first to slip in references from LPers or famous people. (So much so that my circle knows the 'NO!' from me more than Chugga, though this is probably due to the fact only one of them watches Chugga's videos.)
(That's all I got for now.)

Oh my god. I was going to write about those 3 habits right now. I had no idea other people do all this together. I, myself tend to say NintendoCapriSun's "IN THE BATHROOM" quite a lot, when I have the chance, of course, but nobody gets it. Oh well.

I have this kind of gross habit of mine that I really have to stop: Whenever I'm kind of nervous, I chew the nearest piece of paper I find. It's really annoying because this thing is like automatic. It's even worse because I can't swallow the paper, or else I would choke, so when I realize I'm chewing paper it's too late and I have to take this gross amount of paper and saliva out of my mouth. Eew.

Homesick
January 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I've realized recently that I have the habit of whenever changing the volume on anything, I always put it on an even number.
I also have the habit of rubbing my knuckles, or popping knuckles, joints, etc, whenever I'm not doing anything or am waiting for something.

Heartless50
January 18th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I happen to sometimes do pain is cupcake face in the mirror.

Sniper
January 18th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Whenever my family goes out to eat or something like that I'll bring my phone full of music. An while I'm listening to music, my mind will, for the most part, always look outside the window and imagine them singing or playing their respective instruments on the traffic while they drive by. Recently, I always imagine them sitting on vehicle hoods and trunks or standing on the roof of said vehicles and moving around.

Eruedraith
January 19th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Whenever my family goes out to eat or something like that I'll bring my phone full of music. An while I'm listening to music, my mind will, for the most part, always look outside the window and imagine them singing or playing their respective instruments on the traffic while they drive by. Recently, I always imagine them sitting on vehicle hoods and trunks or standing on the roof of said vehicles and moving around.

Oh thank goodness, I am no longer alone.

Sansato
January 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I'm sure I have multiple odd habits, but the only one that I can think of right now is my obsessive need to have an even number of songs on my iPod. I listen to a lot of video game music and remixes, so this isn't really a problem for me, but my songs count always has to be at an even number regardless.

DukeOfStyrofoam
January 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM
When a game is loading, I might accidentally press a button. That then makes me feel the need to press every other button on the system.

RLYoshi
January 25th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Loads for me:

-While playing Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, when selecting the assists for my three characters, all three assists have to be different colours (one pink, one green, and one blue), or all three the same colour.
-Whenever I'm practicing a rap, I always hold my fist in front of me like I'm holding a microphone.
-If someone asks a question and the answer is obvious, my left eye twitches and I tilt my head slightly. This is usually accompanied by a glare.
-When bored, I'll sometimes snap Kirby's victory theme. Other times, I'll twirl the flash drive I always wear around my neck.
-If I read (or hear, on occasion) a word that I haven't heard recently, my mind will instantly take the word, spell it backwards, and mix it up looking for any other words it could be an anagram for.
-Instead of saying "Let's go", I used to say "Let us be off". Now I say "Partamos", which is Spanish for - you guessed it - "Let us be off."
-Occasionally, if I'm sitting somewhere and bored, I'll cross my arms on a flat surface if I'm sitting in front of one, put my head on my arms, and fall asleep.

DukeOfStyrofoam
January 26th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I just remembered! I always wear this old jacket, in the winter, it traps cold air in and keeps warm air out, and in the summer, it keeps warm air in and keeps cold air out. In fact, I'm wearing it right now!

Curus
January 26th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I don't know how much of a weird habit this is, I'm mostly putting it here just to see if anyone else does it. But I often get into long monologuing debates in my head. And sometimes even get a little mad at myself for posing a ridiculous argument.
In a similar vein, I occasionally imagine theoretical 'worst case scenario' situations, and get a little sad even though they're not real at all (yet).

MooseFondue
January 26th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I don't know how much of a weird habit this is, I'm mostly putting it here just to see if anyone else does it. But I often get into long monologuing debates in my head. And sometimes even get a little mad at myself for posing a ridiculous argument.
In a similar vein, I occasionally imagine theoretical 'worst case scenario' situations, and get a little sad even though they're not real at all (yet).

You're not alone. I also argue with myself, which often leads to frustration.
And while I don't do said 'worst case scenarios,' I will often just imagine what my friends/family/etcetera would do in imaginary situations. This, unfortunately, often leads to me getting upset at people when they haven't actually done anything.

Ark
January 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM
You're not alone. I also argue with myself, which often leads to frustration.
And while I don't do said 'worst case scenarios,' I will often just imagine what my friends/family/etcetera would do in imaginary situations. This, unfortunately, often leads to me getting upset at people when they haven't actually done anything.

Pretty much the same here when it comes to the 'worst case scenarios' thing. I dunno why I do it, and I know that it's silly to get frustrated over something like that, but it just happens.

Also, I argue with myself a lot, but I've been in the habit of calling myself Ark when I do that. It's not like I'm arguing with anyone besides myself, but for some reason, I've gotten to associate the side that I argue with by my username. It's actually pretty funny now that I think about it.

charigaara
January 28th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I don't argue with myself, really, but I do explain things to myself. Like, really long explanations, too. It's sort of just me rambling on and on about how this is happening and why and what will happen because of it and why this should happen instead. But then I guess it could be considered an argument at times, since I think of points against my theories and then refute them out loud. I also tell myself jokes~

And also when I'm just sort of sitting and I'm barefoot, I play with my feet incessantly. Just sort of twiddle my toes and mush my foot around and stuff like that. But then I lose my grip and kick things accidentally, whoops~