PDA

View Full Version : You know whats bullcrap... (Venting thread, READ FIRST POST!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Battle Mage Z
August 6th, 2010, 01:53 AM
cliffhangers are full of it. I mean seriously, OK... I get the part that they want to ensure that we "stay tuned for the next episode", but waiting for a week or two (sometimes next season), I seriously have doubts.

Rebel Edit: THIS IS A VENTING THREAD.

We understand that stuff in life happens and sometimes we all can get pissed off and such. Here you can post your problems or what makes you angry.

WITH A VENTING THREAD DOES COME GREAT RESPONSIBILITY
Here is an outline of what you SHOULDN'T post:

-Posting about other users
Ex:

Eltrotraw: That Rebel Vanguard guy is STUPID and DUMB I don't why he is a mod.
Rebel: *cries*

We will not tolerate such behavior, if you have an issue with someone PM that user or PM a moderator, do not post it publicly or else we will infract your post and delete it if it was that mean-hearted.

-Excessive swearing

We know that most swear words are pretty much censored, but I'd rather not read a ******* post about a ******* thing that ******* made you ******** angry. Or else we will beat the **** out of you guys? ******* got it?

On a more serious note, just try to avoid swearing and vent in a way we can actually read without going through so many astericks.

-DO NOT POST SOMETHING THAT MAKES ANOTHER USER ANGRY

Ex:

Eltrotraw: I don't like that Justin Beiber kid.
Rebel: I think Justin Bieber is teh greatest singar evar!
Eltrotraw: No Justin Bieber or "Beaver" sucks, you have no taste.
Rebel: You're just jealous.
Eltrotraw: Why would I be jealous? At least my balls dropped.
Rebel: Stop being an A-hole.
Eltrotraw: I was just saying that Beaver is terrible
Rebel: *insert flame war here*

Another Ex:

Rebel: I hate Mudkip
Eltrotraw: *Posts mudkips*
Rebel: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

So please, if you don't have anything nice to say. DON'T POST IT. We will take action *gasp*

Be respectful!

This also counts towards the last rule I posted and Rule #1. If someone hates something you love to death, just accept it, and don't wage a war. I know this is a repeat, but I can't stress this one enough.

If you follow these rules, we can have a good thread! So happy(?) posting!

GenoNyghtmare
August 6th, 2010, 02:27 AM
So is this a general 'share your issue with something in general' thread? Cause things like this tend to get locked... <.<

Superninfreak
August 6th, 2010, 03:55 AM
So is this a general 'share your issue with something in general' thread? Cause things like this tend to get locked... <.<

Those have actually been allowed here.

So Shadow, is this thread about cliffhangers in general, or is it a thread for people to post about things that annoy them?

Battle Mage Z
August 6th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Those have actually been allowed here.

So Shadow, is this thread about cliffhangers in general, or is it a thread for people to post about things that annoy them?

this IS a thread for people to post things that annoys them. so if you want to let out steam this is the perfect thread, so knock yourselves out.

Curus
August 6th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Oh, a annoyance thread! Be warned, this is one of the most popular threads in one of the larger forums I frequent. There will be venting.

SUPERtwinky's Ghost
August 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Stupid petsmart!!!
They wouldn't let me return my goldfish, just because it was dead!!!

Gedz
August 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
What grind my gears

Peasley
August 6th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Yes Sausage air vents are very nice

Anyways, I'm sick of people who post threads in the wrong forum instead of actually finding one where the thread belongs

(I wasn't talking about this thread or anything)

Curus
August 6th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Yes Sausage air vents are very nice

Personally I find they're very good for narrow escapes after burgling the local Burger King. And that's why they call me the Burglar Queen!

...Uh, I mean, n-not that I'd have personal experience, a-and I never got s-st-stuck in one oh no.

Hobbez
August 6th, 2010, 12:37 PM
People that steal my jokes. It happens constantly at my schools & I really loathe hearing my own joke told to someone else & them taking credit for it.

Captain Panda
August 6th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Anyways, I'm sick of people who post threads in the wrong forum instead of actually finding one where the thread belongs

i wholeheartedly second this. Also sometimes on the arena, there are idiots who don't read the rules and posted terrible posts; "i go to the bad guys and kill them all". This happened all the time on the sonic RP.

(MrMystery, if you're reading this, then understand that i forgive you. You are actually very good at RPing, so don't be disheartened.)

Also Waluigi jokes piss me off, as everyone's just going WAAAAAA and i just want to shove my fist down their throat.

YES YES I KNOW CURUS ICE ON MY HASH BROWNS

TheMightyBox
August 6th, 2010, 12:44 PM
People who nitpick a perfectly decent movie/game/show and make it sound horrible.
You know who you are.
EDIT: I agree with Waluigi jokes. They aren't that funny, and you can't just go up to a person and say WALUIGI TIME and expect a laugh. They can be funny in the right context and such. Anything can be. But not just during random usage.

Hobbez
August 6th, 2010, 12:47 PM
People who nitpick a perfectly decent movie/game/show and make it sound horrible.
You know who you are.

I do that all the time to shows I don't like, though...

NeonJ
August 6th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I just plain hate n00bs on the online games I go on, especially Sonic Robo Blast 2. "rings pl0x" "lives pl0x" "sf94-city pl0x" "hyper house pl0x"... ARGH!

I also hate people who try to get all the best equipment and say "Oh, don't use that it'll just make the game harder". It completely ruins the point of figuring everything out for yourself! Like in Phantasy Star Zero, I was told not to take a specific path just because my character doesn't regenerate PP. >.>

Captain Yoshi
August 6th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I get irritated when people have to nitpick about grammar. I know anyone would rather read a post where everything is spelled right, which is better than "OMG DIS R SO 1337" but when you make one little typo and then they have to go all grammar nazi on you.
It just bugs me

Rebel Vanguard
August 6th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I updated the first post with some information that we DO NOT WANT TO SEE IN THIS THREAD. And I am posting here to let you guys know that we are serious about the rules for this thread.

Since this kind of thread is a privilage (most other forums don't allow threads like these) but I'm willing to give you all a chance since most of you are well-behaved. If you screw up in this thread, we will disallow any more threads like this.

Anyway, to contribute to the thread at hand I am content with life and nothing is pissing me off currently.

Kirbster
August 6th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Anonymous online Brawl. What idiot decided "Crouch down various times in a row for alliance!" And then you can't fight cause all three of them will gang up on you!

NeonJ
August 6th, 2010, 01:31 PM
@Kirbster: I remember spectating a match like that. Three people taunted before the brawl began, then they all ganged up on Mr. Game and Watch. I thought the 3 people were on 1 Wii actually, as you can do that.

Curus
August 6th, 2010, 01:32 PM
YES YES I KNOW CURUS ICE ON MY HASH BROWNS

Actually, that wasn't too bad a post at all. Except, you know, this bit.

And it's directed towards me.

You don't know what that means...and when you learn, it'll be a surprise. A frosty surprise. >:D

Kirbster
August 6th, 2010, 07:00 PM
@Kirbster: I remember spectating a match like that. Three people taunted before the brawl began, then they all ganged up on Mr. Game and Watch. I thought the 3 people were on 1 Wii actually, as you can do that.

But only in Friend Code Brawl, not anonymous.

Chain Chomp
August 6th, 2010, 07:41 PM
People who nitpick a perfectly decent movie/game/show and make it sound horrible.You know who you are..

You mean like how people treat Mario Sunshine Right?honesly thats my favorite mario game alonge with world rpg and galaxy2

Dynawing
August 6th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I went to look for two items online today

Store 1: Whoops Item A is on backorder so we'll have to ship it separately and give you individual shipping costs
Store 2: they're both out of stock oh well
Store 3: ITEM B, WHAT'S THAT
Store 4: ITEM A, WHAT'S THAT

so now I'm kinda at a loss for what to do, and shipping things separate/from different places really piles up the cost, especially since it's international. Bah.

other things that come to mind right now are giant signatures. And you know what's making me hate something I used to like? Well I'll say what it is right n-

:waluigitime:

yeah that.

And I absolutely hate the word "epic" now. Thanks internet.

SSBBrawler
August 6th, 2010, 08:42 PM
A lot of people at my school make fun of my video game tastes at school, even though I have several "serious" games, such as Final Fantasy IV for the DS. If I played Halo, people would just ignore that fact, and make fun of me for liking Pokemon. I don't get why people just can't accept that there are some really good games that are rated E.

JSG
August 6th, 2010, 08:55 PM
A lot of people at my school make fun of my video game tastes at school, even though I have several "serious" games, such as Final Fantasy IV for the DS. If I played Halo, people would just ignore that fact, and make fun of me for liking Pokemon. I don't get why people just can't accept that there are some really good games that are rated E.

I hear ya man. Most of my friends love HALO and stuff while I like Pokemon. Heck, to make them still my friends, I PRETEND I like it. I mean, not EVERY E Rated game is bad/boring/girly. I just hope they can understand me that I'm a NINTENDO fanboy, not anything else (sometimes). I'm not saying any non-Nintendo game is bad, all I'm saying that I have my faves and, erm, not-faves.

In a nutshell: I'm not a serious gamer. And if I'm not, doesn't mean I have bad taste in games.

TheMightyBox
August 6th, 2010, 08:59 PM
^/^^HIGH FIVE!

Yeah, people look at me like I'm crazy whenever I tell them I play video games that aren't Halo or CoD.
I don't even own an X-Box.

Darky
August 6th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Thread title is totally a watered-down version of the 'you know what's bull****' section over on Cinemassacre. :3c
You know what's bull****? People who put unnecessary spaces inbetween words. I don't know why, but seeing things like 'flamethrower' as 'flame thrower', or 'crossbow' as 'cross bow', or even 'Hookshot' as 'Hook Shot' just royally irritates me. It's so... pointless.
Another is people who use 'lawl'. Lawl is some stupid way of spelling the stain on the English language that is 'lol'. Surely the whole point of 'lol' is to cut down on letter use? But doesn't 'lawl' have an extra letter, therefore making it longer? This text speak crap is so contradicting.
While we're on the subject of shortening things, peple who make up random abbrieviations on the spot get on my nerves. You're not going to know what a new abbrieviation means unless you made it, which means the creator of this abbrieviation has to type out what it means, defeating the point of it being made in the first place.
american english
I despise fanboys of any kind. I don't like people who consider themselves too 'macho' to play Mario, since Mario is a fairly bright and innocent platformer, but I equally dislike people who are too wimpy to play Call of Duty, since Call of Duty has guns and violence and all that in it. Adding to this, anyone who gives you a withering look when you say you prefer old games to new games and says 'you sad, sad man' needs a good kick in the nuts.
And finally, the big one, I hate, hate, HATE, HATE the goddamned Maplestory community. I've never seen such an appalling community in my life. It's astounding how aggressive, short-tempered, impatient and selfish the high-levelled characters are, and how grovelling, begging, annoying and stalkerish the low-levelled characters are. Like today, I was trying to hunt a Giant Centipede, which is a minor boss which spawns every now and then in a specific map. I was quietly waiting for it to appear, when some Lv. 80-something Ranger appeared. Naturally, it was obvious he was after Centipede, so I politely asked him if he'd kindly change channels. And you know what he said? I'll tell you what he said! He said: "if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again yeah fk u" and proceeded to bully me out of the map. Not only was this totally uncalled for, but it just epitomises just how dreadful this community is.
You think idiots on Brawl wi-fi are bad? You have no idea until you go through this sort of **** yourself. If several of my friends didn't play, I'd have quit a long time ago.

tl;dr, Darky rants about words and maplestory

Manty
August 6th, 2010, 09:22 PM
And I absolutely hate the word "epic" now. Thanks internet.

Approved SO hard, along with "teh" and "meh" and so on and so forth.

Also, even though I'm in summer vacation right now, I'm still really pissed that they still give you homework over winter/spring/ect. break. IT'S CALLED A BREAK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Madmaster
August 6th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I despise fanboys of any kind. I don't like people who consider themselves too 'macho' to play Mario, since Mario is a fairly bright and innocent platformer, but I equally dislike people who are too wimpy to play Call of Duty, since Call of Duty has guns and violence and all that in it.
I agree 10000000000000000% I like Maro and Left 4 Dead, Zelda and Call of Duty, Little Big Planet and Half Life 2.

Anyways, I hate little kids that think they know everything. I told my brother's friend that I'm going shopping to get new shoes and he looked down at my feet and said, "Didn't you just get those shoes a month ago?" I was like, "No, I've had these for more than a year." He then spent 5 min. trying to tell me that I got those shoes a month ago, even though I was the one who bought them...

Kirbster
August 6th, 2010, 10:35 PM
My rage has recently been invoked. Epic irritates me to no end, Vegata ruined my internetz, and swearing.
Ohhhh yessss...
It seems to me the world has degraded to a point where middle schoolers can swear, throw out racial slurs, and make sexual innuendos, all within 2 minutes. Like, why? Who would ever say "oh hey dude let's make swearing teh **** lololololol." Blaaahhhh I hate it. Also, Zelda Cd-I stuff.
"Dinner."
(Rage)

Captain Yoshi
August 6th, 2010, 10:57 PM
And finally, the big one, I hate, hate, HATE, HATE the goddamned Maplestory community. I've never seen such an appalling community in my life. It's astounding how aggressive, short-tempered, impatient and selfish the high-levelled characters are, and how grovelling, begging, annoying and stalkerish the low-levelled characters are. Like today, I was trying to hunt a Giant Centipede, which is a minor boss which spawns every now and then in a specific map. I was quietly waiting for it to appear, when some Lv. 80-something Ranger appeared. Naturally, it was obvious he was after Centipede, so I politely asked him if he'd kindly change channels. And you know what he said? I'll tell you what he said! He said: "if you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again yeah fk u" and proceeded to bully me out of the map. Not only was this totally uncalled for, but it just epitomises just how dreadful this community is.
You think idiots on Brawl wi-fi are bad? You have no idea until you go through this sort of **** yourself. If several of my friends didn't play, I'd have quit a long time ago.

I have to admit Darky... I agree with you. I used to play Maplestory but quit for almost the same reason. People are jerks on there. Everyone is trying to scam you, spam you, and overall being a jerk. I especially hate when you see level 80 lighting mages training in the low level training areas in Henesys. They use that stupid lighting spell that obliterates every enemy on the map and me (who never got past level 30 because of them) can't get a kill in. Then theres the hackers. Especially Vac-Hackers. They suck big time (no pun intended) Every item, every little meso, even the stuff I need for quests they suck up. I can't get anything at all. I hate that so much. Then theres the people who use summon bags in low level areas. When I go to Lith Harbor I don't want to run into enemies that kill me in one shot.
I also encountered some jerks while waiting for Mano (the big snail boss for those who don't know) I don't remember what they said but they were really high level and killed everything before i could.

PacoTheTaco
August 6th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I hate the word monolith.
almost every time someone says it, they sound like they have a lisp even when they don't.
It bugs the crap out of me when ever I hear the word.

Manty
August 6th, 2010, 11:36 PM
It seems to me the world has degraded to a point where middle schoolers can swear, throw out racial slurs, and make sexual innuendos, all within 2 minutes. Like, why? Who would ever say "oh hey dude let's make swearing teh **** lololololol." Blaaahhhh I hate it.

I know what you're talking about. In my school, you can swear within feet of a teacher and they "won't hear".

So yeah.

Falcon_Pawnch75
August 7th, 2010, 12:26 AM
The word epic is okay, but much like the word fail, it gets highly annoying when overused or used wrong.

Me: *drops a pencil*
Five other people: FAIL!

Kid #1: so liek i just got a 23 kill streek in MW2!
Kid #2: ZOMG EPIC!
Me: ¬_¬

I hate serious players on Brawl Wi-Fi. We do NOT have to fight if we don't want to. Sakurai himself said you should play the game any way you want. Now, I can understand if they get pissed over fighting in a taunt match, but it's come to the point that if you use Sonic's side taunt ONCE in a serious room, three people come after you. It's ridiculous.

The word I hate the most is f** or f*****. The best insult you'll ever hear these days is ******. If they know they've been outsmarted, you know what their response is? "You ******."

This ticks me off like nothing else can: racist jokes. My eyes are open. My relatives over 18 are perfectly good drivers. If you call me a chink again we'll see who can't open their eyes. Seriously, I've had more than enough with racist jokes, and it's taking all my self control to not run at anyone who makes a racist joke and beat them to a pulp.

Super Homestario Bros
August 7th, 2010, 01:45 PM
You know what I hate?

when teh n00bs use chtspk like this & dnt bother w grammr or spellin wordz rite

Chain Chomp
August 9th, 2010, 08:53 PM

And thats why i play Well of Souls.You should try it.online there are servers where you cant swear and kill people!and theres other servers as well as offline.

Ranmaru
August 9th, 2010, 09:09 PM
It seems to me the world has degraded to a point where middle schoolers can swear, throw out racial slurs, and make sexual innuendos, all within 2 minutes. Like, why? Who would ever say "oh hey dude let's make swearing teh **** lololololol." Blaaahhhh I hate it. Also, Zelda Cd-I stuff.
"Dinner."
(Rage)

You know I never got the whole swearing thing, I mean people get on at me a lot of the time for swearing like a sailor, but really I'm just being emotive I honestly hate something so much I'm comparing it to **** you know. Although I do hate racial slurs.

As for whats annoying me right now, is that I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. Normally not a big deal because there is usually a somewhat pleasant female dentist, who is a very nice person. She is also a baby making machine, shes had like 7 since I started visiting her surgery. For some reason her replacement is an absolute *****, who I'm positive only does temp stuff, because no one would be suicidal enough to work with her for more than a few weeks. She treats the nurses like slaves, is somewhat impolite, continually moans about my tiny mouth, and has a weird love of rap music, which is blaring out pretty much every time she examines my teeth. Well apparently baby 8 is on the way so I have to go see, the wonderful hate filled, rap loving dentist, who is always so mean.

Donugee
August 22nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
My rage has recently been invoked. Epic irritates me to no end, Vegata ruined my internetz, and swearing.
Ohhhh yessss...
It seems to me the world has degraded to a point where middle schoolers can swear, throw out racial slurs, and make sexual innuendos, all within 2 minutes. Like, why? Who would ever say "oh hey dude let's make swearing teh **** lololololol." Blaaahhhh I hate it.
(Rage)
Beat me to it. When you swear all the time, those words lose their impact when you use them in a serious manner.

What gets me is deviant ART's limits. They want your art titles to be like, less than 20 characters long, which really in inhibits the title of a story. I uploaded a story and had to mutilate the title and note the full title in the description. Also their whole "PREMIUM!" crap. Nothing can be convenient unless you pay $5.00 every month. Not much, but how much they limit you when you don't have one is horrid.

slashty
August 22nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Personally, I don't swear. Yet, I see nothing wrong with swearing, in all but certain situations (racial slurs, sexual slurs, insulting people etc.). I don't swear because I try not to get it in my habit and accidentally offend someone.

I have a great rage for people who don't use capitals in RP's or legitimate posts. I mean really, if this is the IRC or something, I don't care, but when I'm RPing or reading somebody's post, I prefer that you use correct grammar, so I can understand you more easily. Does it kill you to hold a shift key for one letter at the beginning of the sentence? What also is total bullcrap is the misuse, or lack thereof of commas.

I should probably write this in example form.

jerec walked into the room and said "whoa look at that" as he walked. the room was cold damp and ugly as was he. nobody liked him because much unlike the others he misused grammar leaving them angry and unhappy. "grammar is for chumps" he said "only nazis use that crap".

Now, was that any fun to read at all? No! I actually had to put conscious thought into that crap to make it that bad! Some of you are like that anyway! What is wrong with you people?

Twich
August 22nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Oh my gosh yes, I hate when people treat RP's as their spam thread and instantly forget that Capitalization exists. Oh and it really grinds my gears when people say something completely stupid and think it's funny. >:C Plus it's even worse when they keep repeating the stupid joke over and over again, until it gets ingrained in your brain and you want to punch them. Normally I won't get angry at someone to point of wanting to punch them, but that just gets to me in a way that's 10x worse then people not using periods, or capital letters.

Unaniem
August 22nd, 2010, 02:49 PM
(warning, this post contain most part of my rage i had in my life)

the behaviour of 70% of the people at my school is bullcrap. let's me point it out:

at my school there is one unwritten rule, if you don't know someone or he/she looks/acts different, be an @sshole to him/her. i don't remember a day at school where someone just passes you without shouting at you, punching you, making you trip, grab you backpack and pull it out untill it hurts, wacking you with their own backpack and the worst part is, you NEVER know who it did! there are so many people in the hallway at the same time that i almost can't see who hurted me or anything. the only people that are most of the time nice to me are my classmates and teachers. as far as i know, all i do is act kinda weird sometimes, but is that a reason to do such things to other people? and this problem doesn't only happen to me, even the people who do it to other people get it sometimes and those people too. and teachers do completely nothing. if you tell them you getting herrased but bullys they just walk up to then and say: "Stop doing that!" and walk away, does it work? NO! it's like my school is just filled with @ssholes. luckely, not everyone is like that. when i'm down sometimes, some people actully walk up to meand ask what's wrong. i wish more people where like that, but no! they just have to be and f*cking @sshole to you and hurt you're feelings and body without any reason. even some of my classmates of preschool are @ssholes now. there was one small guy, most of the time quiet and always be nice to you, now he acts like a freaking mafia boss and shouts at you went you get 3 meters too close. i sometimes had a dream where i had a giant bomb and blew the sh*t out of the @ssholes, it might sound brutal, but i wish it wasn't a dream. and now school is starting again *sigh* wish me luck....

Curus
August 22nd, 2010, 04:46 PM
You know what I hate?

When they don't mix up the different bags in a multipack of crisps. I don't want to have to reach all the way to the bottom for a salt 'n' vinegar!

Latiaslover97
August 22nd, 2010, 05:39 PM
(warning, this post contain most part of my rage i had in my life)

the behaviour of 70% of the people at my school is bullcrap. let's me point it out:

at my school there is one unwritten rule, if you don't know someone or he/she looks/acts different, be an @sshole to him/her. i don't remember a day at school where someone just passes you without shouting at you, punching you, making you trip, grab you backpack and pull it out untill it hurts, wacking you with their own backpack and the worst part is, you NEVER know who it did! there are so many people in the hallway at the same time that i almost can't see who hurted me or anything. the only people that are most of the time nice to me are my classmates and teachers. as far as i know, all i do is act kinda weird sometimes, but is that a reason to do such things to other people? and this problem doesn't only happen to me, even the people who do it to other people get it sometimes and those people too. and teachers do completely nothing. if you tell them you getting herrased but bullys they just walk up to then and say: "Stop doing that!" and walk away, does it work? NO! it's like my school is just filled with @ssholes. luckely, not everyone is like that. when i'm down sometimes, some people actully walk up to meand ask what's wrong. i wish more people where like that, but no! they just have to be and f*cking @sshole to you and hurt you're feelings and body without any reason. even some of my classmates of preschool are @ssholes now. there was one small guy, most of the time quiet and always be nice to you, now he acts like a freaking mafia boss and shouts at you went you get 3 meters too close. i sometimes had a dream where i had a giant bomb and blew the sh*t out of the @ssholes, it might sound brutal, but i wish it wasn't a dream. and now school is starting again *sigh* wish me luck....

Amen, Bless your soul man. I wish you luck, I had to put up with that for 6 ****ING years. This was my normal day, get bullied no matter what I do and fail at my work too, get out from school crying,stay with my mom with me crying for half a hour, come home to my parents fighting then have me and sister fighting too, go to a center to get more teaching after I just came from school for 2 no, 3 hours of teaching, go home again to do my crap loads of homework, causing me not have any time for to relax and having to go to sleep knowing that this will never end...

I had lost fate of human kind and couldn't trust anyone at all...
I got mad easily and my temper had shorted beyond belief...
So many nights of staying awake knowing I can't do anything about this.
Nothing at all I tried had stop them, they made fun of me without regret ,without mercy, without any emotion.
This was fun to them, this was their drug; I was there punching bag!
I wish I could nuke them down to the ground. Choke them and watch them squirm under my hand and teach them how it feels.

I just can't write any more I'm starting to cry now...

slashty
August 22nd, 2010, 06:42 PM
I truly feel sorry for you people.

Having spent my whole life at a Christian school, we don't have very many bullies and intolerant people, and those who are there are dealt with by the staff. I've never been picked on by people at that school, and I'm a nerd. This is one of the many reasons I am so proud of my faith.

You know what else is bullcrap? Kidney Stones. I'm a freakin' teenager, I'm not even supposed to get them! And what do I get? Two in a row, dangit!!

Ranmaru
August 22nd, 2010, 10:23 PM
You know what I hate?

When they don't mix up the different bags in a multipack of crisps. I don't want to have to reach all the way to the bottom for a salt 'n' vinegar!

I know exactly what you mean, the cheese and onion are always at the bottom of the bag, especially when you get the proper massive like 36 pack bags, you can guarantee that there's going to be a mountain of prawn cocktail and salt and vinegar in the way of your precious cheese and onion.

Darky
August 22nd, 2010, 10:31 PM
That's weird, I can't find my precious prawn cocktail under stacks of salt and vinegar and cheese & onion. We all have the wrong bags.
I'm pretty annoyed at Spyro 1 for being so damn good, yet so damn short. It's sad, because I want to keep exploring, keep collecting, keep beating enemies and keep flying around. Too bad that was cruelly cut short after just six hours. :<

Fumpster
August 22nd, 2010, 11:59 PM
You wanna know what's bullcrap? I'll tell you what's bullcrap, so listen hard young'uns.

You pack yourself the perfect lunch for school/work: it's got a delicious chocolate bar, maybe a sub sandwich, oh, and toss in some chips or whatever you're into as well. But don't forget the bane of your existence.

Hot Rod wrappers.

You know what I'm talking about. When you're opening a hot rod or something with similar packaging, when all of a sudden the slip JUST BARELY misses the actual food, making it harder to open the package. Then it doesn't help that your friggin' fingers are greasy as hell from trying to open this jerk, so opening it from the other side is out of the question. So then you feel like a moron because you can't open this hot rod pack whereas everyone else is enjoying their delicious lunch (usually a subway cookie or something that you wish you could have but when you go to subway you always eat it before you save it for lunch). I don't even LIKE hot rods that much, I just want to eat something and this god forsaken wrapper is taking over my life.

Thank you for your patience.

Unaniem
August 23rd, 2010, 05:47 AM
Amen, Bless your soul man. I wish you luck, I had to put up with that for 6 ****ING years. This was my normal day, get bullied no matter what I do and fail at my work too, get out from school crying,stay with my mom with me crying for half a hour, come home to my parents fighting then have me and sister fighting too, go to a center to get more teaching after I just came from school for 2 no, 3 hours of teaching, go home again to do my crap loads of homework, causing me not have any time for to relax and having to go to sleep knowing that this will never end...

I had lost fate of human kind and couldn't trust anyone at all...
I got mad easily and my temper had shorted beyond belief...
So many nights of staying awake knowing I can't do anything about this.
Nothing at all I tried had stop them, they made fun of me without regret ,without mercy, without any emotion.
This was fun to them, this was their drug; I was there punching bag!
I wish I could nuke them down to the ground. Choke them and watch them squirm under my hand and teach them how it feels.

I just can't write any more I'm starting to cry now...

o my, you seem to have it worse then me. i feel really sorry for you. the thing at my school is that i'm not always the target, at my school everyone is the target. even the more popular people. so i get like semi-bulliet. i don't really know how to end this post without saying that you made my face go D :>

Megaron
August 23rd, 2010, 06:08 AM
You know what REALLY flips my ****?
-People automatically assuming that I'm straight.
-No, I'm not gay, I'm bi; that's another thing that grinds my gears.
-People assuming that by being a man I am a pervert. Ever think some people might be more interested in having a stable relationship than "getting laid"?
-People that assume that because of being 14, I am an immature, anoying, bratty kid. Sure, I can act that if I feel like it, but I'm just not.
-People thinking Pokémon in general is for kids. Brighten up, assholes! THE ANIME is for kids! NOT THE GAMES!

slashty
August 23rd, 2010, 07:14 AM
.-People assuming that by being a man I am a pervert. Ever think some people might be more interested in having a stable relationship than "getting laid"?
-People that assume that because of being 14, I am an immature, anoying, bratty kid. Sure, I can act that if I feel like it, but I'm just not.

Uggh...
I'm going to have to agree with you wholeheartedly.
The public schooling culture has ruined the reputation of my whole gender and age group.

Curus
August 23rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
Don't forget that you're all terrible drivers too~...

Kirbster
August 23rd, 2010, 08:43 AM
Don't forget that you're all terrible drivers too~...

That's us 16 year olds. Liek srsly, trees are liek, jumping out at me, and its sooooo hard cause my friends are all texting me and hello? i only have liek, 1 hand :(:(:(:(

That stereotype bugs me. I hate it when people say all girls chatspeak in their pink hot rod shorts, pink tank tops, and pink lip stick. Blarrgh, I don't even wear any make-up! (Except lip gloss.)

Raptor
August 24th, 2010, 08:23 PM
My parent's annoy me and alway's ask if im bullyed I never have been Ok i do admit i'm somewhat of a nerd but I keep my mouth shut and if someone start's to mess with me i walk away but luckly i have 3 princepal's(yea that could be spelt wrong im so sleepy i dont care)and they crack down on that kind of stuff anywho I stand up for the people bullied well when i see it i do which is rarely Horay for being a kid that could make friend's with the devil im so nice and kind hearted anywho other than that....There's nothing else for me to say exept i also do give pep talk's if needed (and you thought a talking Rhydon from fancy land wasnt smart I think not!

Elfice
August 24th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I don't have braces yet, and I am 16 years old. I'm sick of people pointing out that I have bad teeth. Yes, I know my teeth are bad, but I can't go get braces on my own, so please, stop pointing this out to me. And it's not like we don't have the money (both my parents have told me that the money is there), but my dad is so paranoid about orthodontists scamming him that he refuses to get my a consultation. For the past year, I've asked him every day, and as of late, I've asked him multiple times a day, and he still says that he's looking.

He's been looking for 4 years now.

I swear, I must be the only person in the world who actually wants braces. I want my teeth to look normal for all my senior photos. I just wish he would get over his paranoia and just get me an orthodontist.

EDIT: 100th post! YAY!

Miyako Triball
August 24th, 2010, 11:03 PM
There are a few things that annoy me.

Chat speak doesn't annoy me, in fact, I sometimes like it, it's quick, easy to get your point across, and life can move quicker. However, this crap has moved to real life, and that's just ****. It's all ****, all of it, it's a joke. Do you think you're cool by saying 'lol', 'OMG' (or any variation of), 'WTF', and et cetera? Well you're not, and you should all be shot on site. I'm serious, I don't care how angry or excited you are, use proper English. It's annoying, stupid, and all you're doing is making a moron of yourself to us educated people that can actually form a sentence without using abbreviations, and with the use of actually punctuation and grammar. Not to be a hypocrite, I will occasionally type OMG, WTF, LOL, etc, but only if they're used in their appropriate place. I never say this words out loud. I will, on the odd occasion, say epic, fail, and dood (Disgaea, go play it, it's not chat speak), but only, again, in the appropriate situation.

Anything thing, since chat speak was brought up, that annoyed the crap out of me: newb, noob, nub, and their definitions.
Noob is a player that has experience in a game, but is an arrogant player.
Newb is a new player to the game, has no idea how to play, and just wants to learn.
As far as I'm concerned, nub is a combination of the two: New to the game, but an arrogant player that thinks he knows everything.
N00b is the same as Noob, just that you 'l33t' people added your touch to it.

I have absolutely no issue with l33t speak. I understand it, as I'm a reader of Megatoyko. However, to use it constantly as if it was your born typing language bugs the hell out of me. Learn to type, you useless people.

Those that can't type a simple sentence bug me. Those of you that CAN, but so choose to type in any other way, do not, as at least I know you can type a simple sentence when you need to.

People that rage and spew insults at you for losing in some game by being beaten legit. Piss off, you poor, poor, ego-filled twelve year old (general, not saying you're all twelve, but if you're older than that, you have issues) people that can't take a loss because you suck.

Speaking of those people that rage, those that rage that they can't win at an online game and resort to hacking of some kind in order to win, you're all pathetic, and shouldn't play online games until you're mature enough to accept a loss and actually try to improve yourself. This also applies to the people that use only one or two moves in an online match to win, then rage when they get beaten. You, too, are pathetic, and shouldn't be playing online games. Sure, your method to win may be your strategy, but that doesn't give you the right to yell and accuse us of doing something illegal in a match just because your weak tactic got beaten. Those that yell spam at those people aren't as pathetic, but they're half way there. If you can't find a method to beating someone that spams, then you don't have the right to call them names for it, just keep trying to work around it, and if you fail to do so, then take a chill pill and move on.

And I think that's about it for now, I'll be back with more later

GenoNyghtmare
August 26th, 2010, 05:07 PM
When a type of food looks delicious, you take a taste and next thing you know, you're sick.

Oh, and mainstream 'music' is dumber than all hell.

The Girl from the Well
September 25th, 2010, 02:44 PM
People that rage and spew insults at you for losing in some game by being beaten legit.

I've had a somewhat familiar and recent experience, which pretty much pisses me off whenever it happens.

Here's how it plays out: You're playing an online game(for me it was LBP, which I tend to keep talking about here)with some random strangers, and there's a better chance of meeting nice new people instead of complete douches on this game. It'd be fine if you were friends, as you'd both be joking, but when you do that to someone you've just met, it leaves a bad impression.

You've tolerated this before, so you just stick around and hope it won't be too bad. They decide to play a challenge level a few times. Now, since the first thing on their mind is to dick you over, they try to smack you, possibly killing you if you fell the right way. You actually play and try to avoid them. Then, when they finally hit you, they end up dying instead. The animation for when they get a smack is longer than when you fall down and get back up, which resulted in their character's death(and you making a snarky remark to yourself about karma, for fun).

After that, you kept playing. The next thing you know, you get called a prick by them--even though it was their own fault for dying--they quit the level and you get kicked by them.

Do you see what I'm saying? It just doesn't make sense. And I know not everyone is nice, but blaming another for a fault they didn't even do is just stupid. So remember kids, don't be a douche. Befriend people and then dick each other over

Super Homestario Bros
October 4th, 2010, 07:43 AM
He... he seriously did that?

I knew I was going to need this picture today sooner or later. (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/members/gupdoo3-25480/albums/da+ultimate+album+xd/197330-hremail3184.png)

You know what I hate? When people bump threads that are like 4 years old.

Curus
October 4th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Why, why, why is my stomach so tiny and complaining? Tell us the reason why you are a grumpy unsettled *******!

Kioso
October 7th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Oh yay a vent thread. I needed one of these. |D;

You know what I hate? Being called a hypocrite. Why? Because I already know I am one. I've been called a hypocrite so many times and I'm just sick of it. So like it's gotten to the point that on another forum (that i think I'm going to quite simply because everyone there is getting on my nerves and I'm too stressed to take it anymore) if I post a rant topic, I'll state something like "I know I'm being a hypocrite you don't need to tell me 50 thousand times."

I mean it's annoying because hell, everyone else in the world is a hypocrite too at some point. :|

And then other things have been bothering me in general like I've been wondering if I talk about Halo too much and annoying everyone around me (apparantly I have on that other forum so that really doesn't help me feel any better)...but yeah. I mean I didn't think I was...I mean it's a series I kind of just got into (yeah I know, lame huh?) and it's really exciting and cool and unfortunately not a lot of people I know like it so...what am I supposed to do. Just not talk about it? :/

I also feel like an outcast here for some reason. Like I'm afraid to post anything because I'm afraid I'm going to break some rule or something and get screamed at, because that's happened in the past and I tend to let those sorts of things bother me until it builds up into this big antisocial fear thing. Ugh. And I'm also afraid if I post something, besides it being in the wrong forum or something, that nobody will really care what I have to say.

Yeah...
Ugh I'm even afraid about posting in this thread because I'm afraid I'm doing it wrong or something. DX

It sucks being a new member at a forum where you know nobody. But I wanted to join because this place looked really cool and I needed somewhere different to hang out. ...Wow I have no life.

ThatFellow
October 7th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hey, it's okay, I pretty much felt the same way until I joined this site. I left a rather nice, more pre-teen oriented forum years ago, and went through several others and eventually I became more antisocial and unagreeable. Then I decided to join here and my outlook changed, I mean, it's a forum which is rooted around a webcomic about a pink blob eating things, it isn't insanely serious but at the same time it isn't juvenile. It's a nice little middle ground.

So yeah, I'm guessing there'll be other Halo players here, just be patient and spread your presence around a little. ;)

aaanyway I'm not one for ranting much buuuut...

Talking behind people's back. I hate it, quite a lot. I can understand it if someone is definitely deserving of it (like a blatant internet troll or something), but if the perpetrators barely know anything about the person/people, and won't even give them a chance, it's just being an ignorant stuck up git.

Yeah that's why I don't rant much. :P

Manty
October 7th, 2010, 04:02 PM
This is a short one, but...

IF I HEAR ONE MORE ****ING PERSON SING THE ****ING SPANISH ALPHABET IN MY SCHOOL I AM SERIOUSLY GOING TO KILL SOMEONE.

That is all. Carry along.

Ark
October 7th, 2010, 04:17 PM
I could sing the German alphabet for you Manty.

Grades are up online at my school but most of my teachers don't update. The one teacher that does update however, made it so that everyone would temporarily have a 0 on their next test to show what your grade would be like if you flunked it. My parents don't understand that (they didn't bother to look at the email she sent about it) so they've been on my case for the last 2 days.

Kioso
October 7th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Hey, it's okay, I pretty much felt the same way until I joined this site. I left a rather nice, more pre-teen oriented forum years ago, and went through several others and eventually I became more antisocial and unagreeable. Then I decided to join here and my outlook changed, I mean, it's a forum which is rooted around a webcomic about a pink blob eating things, it isn't insanely serious but at the same time it isn't juvenile. It's a nice little middle ground.

So yeah, I'm guessing there'll be other Halo players here, just be patient and spread your presence around a little. ;)

Baw D: That actually made me feel better, thanks. c:
Lol, a pink blob eating things...it sounds so rediculous when you put it that way, yet we love it so much.

/offtopic
...wait is there even a topic to begin with
/ramble

Battle Mage Z
October 8th, 2010, 01:02 AM
You know what pisses me off? bullies calling me a nerd. I already know that I'm a nerd (at times), but seriously... I can't help myself being who I am. At least I've got three thing those "bullies" don't have:
1: good characteristics
2: common sense
and finally 3: high hopes of getting an good education instead of working as a ******* ditch digger that gets paid minimum wage. For all of you bullies reading this right now, you better shape up or you'll regret it.

Kioso
October 8th, 2010, 02:06 AM
I hate making mistakes...especially like when other people see them...it makes me feel so stupid...especially when the mistake was something I could've easily avoided...and /especially/ when I was trying so hard to avoid the mistake in the first place but end up making it because I just...messed up.

I also hate how I cry at the drop of a hat. SID sucks...or maybe I'm just a crybaby. God I hate being so sensitive...and how nobody really gets it, then I have to explain...and most people just say I use my disability as an excuse...

I feel so stupid and ashamed of myself sometimes...and for the dumbest reasons.

...I feel like I post in this thread too much. I hope I'm not being a nuiscense (I...don't know how to spell that) or breaking some rule or something...

God if it's one thing I'm constantly paranoid of on forums and oekakis and stuff, it's breaking rules. Like I'm so scared that if I accidentally end up breaking one I end up crying about it feeling like a failure or something. I'm so stupid. Sometimes I get so worried I make myself sick.

Kerkec
October 8th, 2010, 02:25 AM
I don't think you need to worry about breaking rules here. All you basically need to do is not be rude, and you don't seem rude at all. If you post in the wrong place or something, someone will point it out, the mods will probably move it to where it belongs, and everyone will move along. It's not an uncommon thing for forums. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone thinking of someone as a total failure just because they posted in the wrong section of a forum they just joined. Once you get used to the layout, that shouldn't even be a problem anyway.

And you're not being a nuisance.
You're using this thread for exactly the purpose it was made for. :v

Actually, I guess I'm still new around here myself. I need to post more.

Manty
October 9th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Another short one:
I Can Has Cheesburger used to be the funniest website ever. Then, out of nowhere, they introduced those hideous word bubbles, which led to such atrocities like this. (http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/1528117a-4cfd-4f13-b32e-fe3dd5ae6f75.jpg) Seriously, there isn't even any incorrect grammar that much anymore!

Eltrotraw
October 9th, 2010, 07:33 PM
That Rebel Vanguard guy is STUPID and DUMB I don't why he is a mod.

OH! Serious ones!

Well!

Here's one right now that I've been doing recently, massive influx of credit card company mail. I know how I can deal with it and I have been, but it's still very annoying to come home and open the mailbox to find at least 3 envelopes from credit card companies addressed to you.

BUT WAIT! IF YOU SIGN UP YOU GET FREE CREDIT SCORE!!!!!!11111111 AND A REBATE FOR GREAT SAVINGS!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

The method I deal with them is take advantage of those Business Reply envelopes they leave in there - I just tear up their forms and mail them back. Those Business reply envelopes are a double edge sword for them, as they pay for the postage for them, so maybe they'll get the message to shut up, otherwise I'll just stuff the other junk mail in there.

Speaking of which, junk mail bugs me too, but not as much as the credit card mail does...

Cindiquil
October 10th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Well, I'm not as smart or athletic as my brother, so it's REALLY annoying being constantly compared to him.

fergzilla
October 10th, 2010, 07:30 PM
You know what I hate?

When people don't let other people like their personal, unique likings in peace. Like people don't let me like headlessness in peace.

MoonHitler
October 10th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Although newbs themselves don't annoy me (I am a TF2 newb at the moment XD), newbs who don't realise they are, acting like they're experts in a game really annoy me.

A similar sort of situation I hate is when people talk about things they have no idea of, in-game or IRL. I heard this bunch of kids talking about a game, saying things like "Oh my god, it's like a proper awesome game!" and "It's the best game ever!" when the game isn't even out yet. Also, so many plays I've been to try and put some 'science' into the story, and start trying to explain things that they have no idea of (mostly when talking about the future). I try to avoid listening to that kind of stuff lest I get a headache.

I absolutely despise the masses. People who overreact to the tiniest thing, and then everyone else overreacts in exactly the same way, and then people start discriminating and acting upon prejudices and each other's prejudices and everyone just stops thinking and confusion and blargh.

I hate how people refer to products as the name of one brand of that product, like iPods or Hoovers. I also hate people misusing terminology, such as referring to MP3 players as MP3s. "Hey, you can't have MP3s in this exam." "Okay, I'll just listen to some WAVs, Midis and WMVs."

People who think that correlation implies causation.

People who force their beliefs down other people's throats.

Sniper
October 14th, 2010, 09:51 PM
The random 6 kid who micspams. Or anyone who does. I mean, its Ok for me if a 8 year old or someone like that is just talking about the game, like tactics, but I had one who tried to imitate the scout. He got kicked, then promptly joined the server again. When an Admin banned him, the server said, Banned. Reason: You obviously don't know when to stop. PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT. Pardon me for that.

Elfice
October 14th, 2010, 09:58 PM
My math teacher gave us our tests 15 minutes into the class period, giving us only 40 minutes to take the test, while her fourth period got the entire class period. As a result, only two people in our class finished on time: I just had to turn in what I had on the last three problems (out of 7, of course), which was just a sketch of the word problems, because I had a test in Latin the next period (91 and I don't even know the language. No big deal ;D). And this is a regular occurrence. It's really annoying.

King of Phwoosh
October 14th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Atleast I can release the RAAAAGE BAR here.

I really think how people always tag Yoshi as a gay-character in most Mario games, I mean it's utter bullcrap. Just because the guys special in the sports game is a big fat rainbow doesn't mean he's gay-crap-of-a-character. I play Yoshi a lot in Brawl, what's bad about him turning into a freekin' dragon spitting giant flaming lava balls. I know there are a lot of Yoshi fans here which is nice, but on some smash forums I just hate the bull**** they say on Yoshi, and how they will only follow the ****ing SSBB rank list. Which I also think is some serious bullcrap. Yoshi is not a gaytard-character, he doesn't speak which IS good, he's a goddamn dinosaur, and he happens to have Rainbow-Based moves in sports games, ITS A ****ING NINTENDO SPORTS GAME. Yoshi will always be my main dude in SSB. If you want to bug about a character, bug about Luigi's powerset and how it's too similar to Mario's.

Zikki-Dee
October 14th, 2010, 10:01 PM
I LIKE FRIGGIN HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE ACT SO TOUGH AS NAILS, AND THEY"RE NOT! SO these, kid son the bus were talking smack about me for like, no apparent reason, and I'm just ticked because I live, never do anything wrong so frankly, I don't deserve to be called a b-word. I'm just like, "okay then, just don't start mess with me because I will fight you" And today, they didn't do CRAP! I'm like...oooooookay

Also, I hate it when i pour my heart out in a post on a forum, such as this one, and then everyone tends to ignore what i said. Like wadda heck? I'm like right here and I provided such information and you're just going to ignore me? It's very aggravating.

King of Phwoosh
October 14th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I know how you feel :(

Piemaster
October 14th, 2010, 10:03 PM
You know what I hate?

When people don't let other people like their personal, unique likings in peace. Like people don't let me like headlessness in peace.

c'mon, I let your liking of headlessness be, but requesting a lot of headless stuff gets VERY boring to make :p

anyways... venting thread... uhhh... people who type the way they are thinking

In all seriousness, show offs or people with big egos. I hate when someone is like "Oh I'm so skill at this." or "I'm way better at that then you are." MIND YOU, this is basically my best friend, so I'm used to it, but it still bugs me. Also, people who always think they are right.

Zikki-Dee
October 14th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I know how you feel :(
thank you!!!!

c'mon, I let your liking of headlessness be, but requesting a lot of headless stuff gets VERY boring to make :p

anyways... venting thread... uhhh... people who type the way they are thinking

In all seriousness, show offs or people with big egos. I hate when someone is like "Oh I'm so skill at this." or "I'm way better at that then you are." MIND YOU, this is basically my best friend, so I'm used to it, but it still bugs me. Also, people who always think they are right.

You also have to keep in mind that most show-it-offs, know-it-alls, and any other adjective that requires more than one hyphen, are just trying to show off because they are insecure about themselves, and need to show off the few good things about them selves so they feel like they're worth something. I have friends like that to. But basically, If your Bf is like that TO you, and not AROUND you, Then you need to tell him/her off. (politely though lol)

tt8989
October 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
On a different site, I'm stuck in an RP with a Mary Sue. It WOULD be a good RP if it weren't for this individual and their Mary Sue. So the Mary Sue is basically this Demon, who among other users demons is being hunted. So first another persons character shoots at said demon, but they say MOST of the shots miss or are dodge-able. So the Mary Sue dodges ALL of them with her Extreme Flexibility which noting is said about in their character profile. Then they fly off to their tree house, this is where my character comes in. He shoot a Metal Crossbow Bolt at her. She catches this METAL crossbow bolt and snaps it into, and again, nothing in her character profile said anything about extreme reflexes or strength, and demons only get wings. And when I finally tell her what a crossbow is and what it fires, she doesn;t even bother to edit her post. The next time I fire at her she simply says It doesn't hit *character name* she doesn't even feel the need to mention that it was the crossbow bolts, for all we know, it could be the realization that she's a Mary Sue that isn't hitting her. And then, of course, she leaves behind a note saying this:
"My name is Yuki N*Blodge*t, I used to have a bad life, I was beaten as a kid, often had to lock my self in the toilet to keep away from my drunken dad and mum. Now I have a better life, well not exactly, I'm a demon cursed from touching the flower but atleast I don't have to face my parents no more, but I miss my twin, *blodge*. There's not a night I don't think of him. I just wish I could control my erge to kill, I wish there was a human that was kind enough to help me but they all think I'd just kill them like that, I do have some control, I guess"
And then flies off to her other character , who according to his profile Hate her with all his being, who then takes care of her, and she is magically heal of everything that ever happened to her.

Curus
October 17th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Why are you stuck with her? Unfortunately, the best way to deal with business like this is not to play with 'em. You'll probably be better off cutting loose, unfortunate though that is. Or at least, ignore the bits with her in 'em for the most part.

Agent Gold
October 20th, 2010, 12:53 PM
*shudders*
The fire alarms went off today. We don't really have fire drills (or fires, for that matter), but the alarms still go off sometimes.

I had taken my flannel shirt off and left it in my chair when they went off. I wound up standing outside in short sleeves on a breezy morning of 56° F/13° C.

I know I mentioned it on another thread once, but I really really really really really really REALLY hate fire alarms. More than anything in the world, hands down. I can't stand the sound or how loud they are. I'm probably hit a lot harder by this than most folks; even when I'm out of the building I can't stop shivering for some time. It also messes up my concentration, so it's hard to get any work done afterward.

So really, how expensive could it possibly be to use bells instead of klaxon alarms? They can keep the strobe lights for all I care, but can't they use bells? We're not using them for anything else, so there wouldn't be any confusion about it.

I sincerely hope there will come a day when I never have to deal with them again.

Curus
October 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM
You have strobe lights and klaxons? Dang, your runners are expecting some sick fires, bro.

I thought you were just gonna complain about the cold or something...

Agent Gold
October 21st, 2010, 08:07 AM
Yeah, the cold was just a "bonus". Since it was a venting post, I thought I'd throw that detail in.

The klaxon and strobe light combo is pretty much standard in every state I've lived in. Since it's difficult to hear instructions being shouted and is potentially blinding/disorienting, I can't help thinking there's a better solution out there. One my ears can handle, hopefully.

Pom Bad
October 26th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I freakin' hate people (read:jerks) who think they are cool just because they pick on the little guy (read:me) and don't even get in trouble for it.

I JUST HATE THAT!

Someguyfromcrowd
October 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Some of the people on the Facepunch forums. I don't even know where to start with them. They seem to derive all happiness from calling other people sucky. Now I have at least one telling me how I'll never be good on my DA profile page and I'm not even going back to those forums, or anything to do with Garrysmod. Seriously. I've busied myself killing links so that I don't get MORE trolls following me everywhere. It's like any forum even slightly related to it has a MASSIVE troll and Internet Tough Guy quotient. And these people are the massive post-counters who clearly got many of them by going "LOL U SUK I R BETTAR". Shouldn't these people be the civilized ones? Of course, this rule seems to apply to any forum. People with 10,000 posts are convinced that everything that they say is right and act all condescending towards everyone else, as if it really matters.

I stay on DA and these forums a lot because although people will still criticize, they don't insult you! They help you! And they don't break out the massive book of poorly written insults in an attempt to earn "Zing" marks!

I'm trying to keep myself in-check while responding to them, but I swear...-.- . At least it gives me a way to come out ahead of them by looking sane.

At least these forums aren't composed of 75% trolls. Like an oasis in a freaking ocean of idiocy or something.

Taxicab Samurai
October 26th, 2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cyHlPA7Wn8&feature=player_embedded

Cloaytonem2
October 26th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I hate it when people try so hard to be unique, but at the same time hate others for being different.

THIS IS MOST LIKELY HALF OF SOCIETY, PEOPLE.

Ranmaru
October 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cyHlPA7Wn8&feature=player_embedded

"I hate people who **** in toilets"

I don't want to spam, but I really need to know, where are people meant to ****?

Someguyfromcrowd
October 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM
In jars. *sniper hurr face*

Oh, and another thing that bugs me. AP World History. I dropped it a few weeks back, but...it's just plain lame. It's focused on gender inequalities and how western civilization is BAD- it goes as far as to denounce the Spanish for defeating the Aztecs without bothering pointing out that they were kind of bad people.

Chain Chomp
November 9th, 2010, 05:10 PM
I freakin' hate people (read:jerks) who think they are cool just because they pick on the little guy (read:me) and don't even get in trouble for it.

I JUST HATE THAT!

*gasp*im not the only one!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?1!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!?! ?one1?!?!!?!?!?!?2
my school is just like that.like i got a 100 on a Social Studies test today and some Douchebag(excuse my language)comes up to me and say"you got a hundred on a test?'me:"yeah.so what?"Him"then your a nerd!"God i hate those kinds of incompetent fools!

flaffl
November 9th, 2010, 09:50 PM
i hate it when people get really butthurt too easily.

also: people of the forums, understand that i am naturally a sarcastic "butthole" that gets made fun of equally by my friends as much as their friends make fun of each other.

Cloned_Kirby
November 9th, 2010, 10:04 PM
i hate it when people get really butthurt too easily.

also: people of the forums, understand that i am naturally a sarcastic "butthole" that gets made fun of equally by my friends as much as their friends make fun of each other.

Well in your Mosque on Ground Zero post,
You kinda said things like that you were being "100% honest".

And then you go on to say "honesty sucks D:", like saying 90% of Americans lack brains or whatever is honesty.

It's kinda hard to sense your I guess very subtle sarcasm in your comments.
I dunno, learn to use italics or something :/

flaffl
November 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
k so i guess everything from now in is magically going to be alright now that its in italicized sarcasm

no but seriously, i'll start trying to use that and hopefully people will eventually warm up to me

i just want a hug ;_;

Curus
November 10th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hahah, this is so weird to read.

TheMightyBox
November 10th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Maybe you should get a sarcasm sign.
[/REFERENCE]

flaffl
November 10th, 2010, 07:45 PM
k i think its noticeable now

Chain Chomp
November 10th, 2010, 08:26 PM
You know what REALLY flips my ****?
-People automatically assuming that I'm straight.
-No, I'm not gay, I'm bi; that's another thing that grinds my gears.
huh is sexuality a problem at your school too.granted i DO have like 2 Gay friends and EVERYONEassumes i too am gay.I am not.I do have a girlfriend and they know that.i am not bi either just because i have gay friends.And another thing that P***es(excuse language.)me off about that topic is how can i be gay?!Everyone knows for a FACT that normally after school i briefly make out with my girlfriend EVERYDAYafter school before saying goodbye.in short terms people at my school are Retards(again excuse language)that dont know the first thing about sexuality.

Someguyfromcrowd
November 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I know I mentioned it on another thread once, but I really really really really really really REALLY hate fire alarms. More than anything in the world, hands down. I can't stand the sound or how loud they are. I'm probably hit a lot harder by this than most folks; even when I'm out of the building I can't stop shivering for some time. It also messes up my concentration, so it's hard to get any work done afterward.

Ditto. My school has the worst fire alarm system in history. There are no alarms inside of the classroom, so when they go off for yet another drill, you can barely hear them. The moment the door opens your eardrums are assailed by a wave of incredibly high-pitched ear-jarring sound. It's a constant klaxon tone and drives you insane. They're conveniently designed so that you will be deafened heading OUT of the building, yet are relatively quiet INSIDE the building where you NEED to hear them!

Actually, I hate loud fire-detecting devices in general. I've grown to dislike smoke detectors- they have woken me up so many times that I can't even stand to look at them. WHY can't someone just be a genius and create a system with one alarm and multiple triggers, so it will still awaken you without going BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- ten feet from your ear?

:wut:

Objection
November 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM
k i think its noticeable now

At least you're making an effort to make your sarcasm obvious. I still stand by my point that sarcasm cannot be detected in any form of text without special formatting or an indicator, yet most people who use sarcasm on internet forums believe it can be detected easily ("it depends on the context" is the most prominent argument I've heard from them).

The worst is when they say something incredibly stupid and then claim they were being sarcastic. How did I know they were actually intelligent enough not to believe what they wrote?

Cloned_Kirby
November 14th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I hate when I'm playing Tetris, and it just won't give me the pieces I need.
IT MAKES ME SO ANGRYYYY!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Doesn't this make you guys angry too?
Riiight, guys??

slashty
November 14th, 2010, 05:44 PM
inb4 fergzilla

Agent Gold
November 14th, 2010, 05:46 PM
I've seen a few good puzzle games get lost that way. It's even worse in the games that have a versus mode, because high-level CPU players seem to know what pieces are going to come, then they plan for them so they can pull off huge combos. (Actually, it's entirely possible that they do that, whether it would be possible for a human player to do it or not.)

Objection
November 14th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Yup. Worst of all is when the piece you need is replaced by a square, because there's never anywhere to fit a square.

Someguyfromcrowd
November 14th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I really hate long lines at clinics. I just had to sit for an hour and a half to get a strep test.

*cue censorship*

I highly dislike this quality of care and the noise level I had to endure to get a simple strep test.

er...anyone see what I didn't do there?

bluesoul
November 14th, 2010, 07:12 PM
you know whats bullcrap? when people go driving up and down the road where you hunt, shooting into the woods hoping they hit something when they're actually just scaring everything away.

tracyk859
November 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Battle Mage Z
September 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
there's only one word that's bullcrap.

TROLLING

That's the ultimate bullcrap.

Curus
September 4th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Actually, you know what's bullcrap?

This. (http://fav.me/d48shpd) (Not Safe For Uptight Parents Probably (NSFUPP))

Not that picture on it's own - no, I'll admit it's a fairly ok piece of work, it's hardly some mediocre scrawl - but the subject matter of this and other pictures being submitted to the Horror Channel group on DeviantArt, just rubs me up the wrong way.

Because if you did look at it (and as such presumably don't have a mother who's watched all the wrong shows about the Internet perchin' 'pon you like a hawk, well done for your good fortune), and you are attracted to women, tell me what did you notice first?
Because I'm betting it wasn't the fact that she's a zombie, and I'm all in that you don't find that picture scary.

Now, for the record I am ok with sexual horror. That stuff's fun because, well, it tends to be one of the most out-there and scary horrors. It's a corruption of something very, ahem, 'special' to many people. Something people have many fears about already.
But sexual horror is about just that - corruption. It's the implication of something more unpleasant in the villain's actions, it's the monster that looks suspiciously like something, it's the mind games and the mind breaks.
It's not women with big tits!

Seriously, I have no interest in women, but if I did, I would go find a group for that. If I wanted women with green skin, I bet there's plenty of places to find it.
But I watch this group for horror. I want scary! Boobs are not scary!

Let's go back to the picture, shall we (seriously, just, throw a dead rat over for your birth-harpy to fetch and peek at it quickstyle)?
Like I said, the first thing you're going to notice is that it's most obviously a woman, and one designed to attract (does it work in that tense? Eh, it does now). The green skin is a nothing. The injuries are very minor. The flesh she is currently ripping into is small, undetailed, and unidentified.
Everything which makes a zombie the viscerally repulsing creature it is - that this person should obviously and by all rights be dead, that it is rotting and falling apart and taking massive damage and yet still moves, and that this creature, this no-longer-human, literally wants nothing more than to kill you, take what it can and make you one of its horrific own - all that is missing.
This is the Twilight of zombies.
And we all know what vampire fans think of Twilight.

And while we're at it, enough with the 'sexy' Halloween costumes! It's Halloween! If I don't walk down the street and &&&& myself at least once, somebody's not doing their job right!
And besides, maybe it's just because I'm a fundamentally broken freak who should be locked up, but personally I reckon a well-made, terrifying costume is far more sexy than some scant tat from the shops. It probably smells of cheap rubber and gets all hairy.

...My apologies for the long post, I didn't know it would reach this length. It really didn't feel like I was typing anything at all.

EDIT: Oh, and I just found this (http://fav.me/d48tfzc) in my messages for the group. Oh no, it's some kind of different thing! With a robot hand that doesn't seem to be bending the right way! Somebody save me, I'm going to have nightmares!
Not even the wimpiest Troper would be scared by this. Somebody give me a table to flip.

Sven
September 4th, 2011, 09:12 PM
This isn't the most rageful of my dislikes, but I do have one thing that irks me a little.

On the OTCD, when I post something, nobody comments and I feel like my post didn't go through. Though the person directly following me gets, like, 5 replies. So, I'm like, thinking in my head, "Did it go through?" And it's usually left unsolved to me if it went through or not. So yeah, minor irk.

Coffee
September 15th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Argh, I've been meaning to try this vent thread for a while now.

So where to start? Perhaps I'll list some things from bad to worse?

4) Overused words/jokes/references. Plain and simple. Memes, references, etc. You know what I mean, when people randomly shout idiotic crap over and over again for a cheap laugh. I.E. Waluigi time! Sparta!!!11!! Bring me a shrubbery! etc. To this day, I regret introducing my nephews to memes, tropes, and all around internet phrases. It ges especially bothersome when we're playing video games. Let'stake something that happened in brawl for an example; We wereplaying a friendly game, and my younger nephew started to use Wolf's blaster over and over again while remaining in the same spot and I jokingly said "You spammer" both nephew then asked me what a spammer and what spam was, so I told them. Later, they began calling absolutely everything spammy. I grab and toss one of them twice, "YOU SPAMMER!", One managed to get the Smash ball with Yoshi, and he spat a few fireballs at the other, "STOP SPAMMING!", Now i can forgive them for this, since they're only 13 and 9, but seriously? Seriously?

3) Poorly drawn penises all over the damn place.
Ya know what I find repulsive at my school?

Dicks.

Literally.

Why must people draw pictures of schlongs everywhere? I walk to school, look down on the pavement outside the entrance, someone draws one out of chalk. I walk into the locker room to get changed for gym, and I see a pair of dongs on the whiteboard used for football stategies. I walk into my Algebra class, look at the chalkboard, E=Mc cockadoodledoo. I walk into the boys room, and the stalls are practically a downright shrine to the male reproductive organ. I mean really, what are these people's obsessions with phallic symbols. It's downright disgusting. Seriously, Can't I open up my history book and read about cannibals in the amercan west without the D in Donner Party being crossed out and replaced with a B?

2) Corrupted youth. You know what I'm talking about. twelve year olds spewing profanitys, children acting like a bunch of drunken frat boys, young 'uns talking about doing the do. I get it. Kids are kids, They immitate what they see. But should they be allowed to act like EVERYTHING they see? I should hope not. While a good portion of the blame here lies with the parents, What the hell posessed kids to think it was alright to pretend to be a bunch of thugs anyway? I would never have even bothered being concerned/PO'd at this, if I haden't noticed it happening to my nephews, which are like brothers to me. I mean if children are the future, then I'd hate to live in the Crapsack world of tomorrow.

1) Racism and Bigotry. I hate, loathe and dispise people who hate, loathe and dispise people because they are different. I swear to god, if I hear someone call somone else a f** or "Mad Ghey" at my school because they disapprove of something the other did, I might just beat someone. &&&& like this is not a joke. It cannot be used loosly. I will not tolerate intollerance. period.

Sniper
September 15th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Dude, I absolutely feel your pain with the... well, dicks. Back in middle school, I would sit through at the bare minimum, six sexual references a day in my six periods. That's how much 12-years old at my school before knew about what they weren't supposed to know.

Drove me crazy...

Curus
September 16th, 2011, 04:45 AM
They only draw dicks because vaginas are impossible to draw.

Though if you want, you can have the explanation Do Ants Have Arseholes gives, which is that we all have a genetic memory of eating 'knobcheese' to stave off starvation as cavemen, and as such used to paint penii on the cave walls just as we did bison.
Though according to that book we also used to milk women to make 'girle cheese' in the middle ages. It's a weird book.

Also you're totally justified in wanting to beat people's asses for homophobia.

Lenore
September 16th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Oh boy, where should I begin? I feel the need to rant often, but I'll start with the thing that irritates me the most.

I openly identify as asexual, and have done so for well over a year now. It's not a particularly common orientation - although it's hardly rare - and as such, there are a lot of misconceptions which people tend to have. Here are some of the worst.
- According to my friend, a common theory about me in the gossip circles is that I'm asexual because I tried to score with someone and got rejected. No, I am not asexual because I can't find a boyfriend. I'm not a particularly ugly person, and guys have been interested in me before.
- I am not physically asexual. I am completely and utterly biologically female, thank you very much. It's an orientation, not a physical thing.
- It's not a fad. It's genuinely how I identify myself, and isn't a product of me trying to be a rebellious teenager or anything of that ilk. (Which isn't to say I don't have the right to stop labelling myself as such at any point, just like any normal person).
- Asexuals aren't necessarily also against being in relationships. Being asexual doesn't mean you have to be alone all your life, and I certainly don't intend to be.

All in all, it's a rather troublesome orientation to have, especially because some people don't even know it's a thing. >:/

SSBBrawler
September 16th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Oh boy, where should I begin? I feel the need to rant often, but I'll start with the thing that irritates me the most.

I openly identify as asexual, and have done so for well over a year now. It's not a particularly common orientation - although it's hardly rare - and as such, there are a lot of misconceptions which people tend to have. Here are some of the worst.
- According to my friend, a common theory about me in the gossip circles is that I'm asexual because I tried to score with someone and got rejected. No, I am not asexual because I can't find a boyfriend. I'm not a particularly ugly person, and guys have been interested in me before.
- I am not physically asexual. I am completely and utterly biologically female, thank you very much. It's an orientation, not a physical thing.
- It's not a fad. It's genuinely how I identify myself, and isn't a product of me trying to be a rebellious teenager or anything of that ilk. (Which isn't to say I don't have the right to stop labelling myself as such at any point, just like any normal person).
- Asexuals aren't necessarily also against being in relationships. Being asexual doesn't mean you have to be alone all your life, and I certainly don't intend to be.

All in all, it's a rather troublesome orientation to have, especially because some people don't even know it's a thing. >:/

Cool, I'm not alone when it comes to being asexual.

While at first, the reason that I was asexual was because of religion. However, I have since grown my own opinion and figured that dating costs too much money and, in my opinion, is a general waste of time. It kind of doesn't help that most of the girls in my high school aren't the most caring of people.

It does get a bit irritating when some of my friends don't understand my reasons for not dating and "joke" that I need to get a girlfriend.

Lenore
September 16th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Cool, I'm not alone when it comes to being asexual.

While at first, the reason that I was asexual was because of religion. However, I have since grown my own opinion and figured that dating costs too much money and, in my opinion, is a general waste of time. It kind of doesn't help that most of the girls in my high school aren't the most caring of people.

It does get a bit irritating when some of my friends don't understand my reasons for not dating and "joke" that I need to get a girlfriend.

I see your friendly ribbing and raise you a chat log between two of my friends in which one of them calls dibs on me if I ever go bi or straight. I get that it's supposed to be a joke, but all it does is irk me.

Chain Chomp
September 16th, 2011, 11:55 PM
something that has irked me for a loooooooooooooong time is stereotypes(spelling?) okay some of them are funny sometimes but when they don't apply to the person and its just out of nowhere it goes WAY to far.for example i once said i was Irish then someone said "oy so enjoy ye lunch o Potatos Beer and Lucky Charms Boyo" for one we dont talk like that.two i like potatos but its not all i eat. three the only time i've drinken was at weddings(champaine). four i eat Coco Puffs more than Lucky Charms.and five.seriously?you think we Irish are actually like that?you had to resorrt to THAT for humor?!Shame.and dont even get me STARTED on french stereotypes.

Hammerlord
September 27th, 2011, 05:28 PM
When I'm drawing at the end of class and this douche comes and quickly sketches a man's genitalia over my work -- with a pen. That just makes me furious.

Zikki-Dee
September 27th, 2011, 06:52 PM
It irks me in school when people have inappropiate conversations about sexual things. A joke or two is fine. I mean, I love those "That's what she said" jokes. But when kids in my school run there mouth off about how to bang some chick in a bathroom without being caught or something, it's like, seriously bro? I just find it sad that most boys I attend school can't get some, so they go on trolling people about penises and vaginas, like it's going to make the situation better.

I don't mind sexual conversations in general. As long as it's purley for the purpose of discusison and not to be dumb and unnecessarily inappropiate, sure why not? But please be mature about it. I learned to get over it though, I just got used to the level of immaturity in my schools.

I also don't take kindly to teachers and instructors being disrespectful to students, if they haven't shown any sign of disrespect themselves. They lower their authority by doing so. Sure, I may have talked back to a teacher, which triggered some argument that ended in me being removed from the classroom. But when I'm having a conversation with them and I'm not showing any signs of frustration or an attitude, they just blow up sometimes. It's typically because of some misconception they may have over what I was itterating, and can usually be resolved later on. But sometimes they just keep me on their bad side, and I can't ever speak with them about any disagreements without them acting on some preconcieved notion that I'm a rebellious student. And it's even more annoying when they blame the whole class over something one or a few kids did. Sure, they want to utilize the peer pressure effect, but it usually gets the students mad at the teacher if they overuse this.

I tend to only have this problem with one or two teacher every couple of years. And it usually tends to be the ones who live a shut-end life, and take their fury out on the kids with potential (or just the kids in general)

WaddleDee
September 28th, 2011, 10:13 PM
This is just a minor thing, and it doesn't even happen often, but I get really annoyed when people repeat what I said in a mocking voice. I have no idea why. Heck, I probably do sound like that. But it drives me crazy.

bluesoul
September 28th, 2011, 10:28 PM
You know what really irks me? When people use gay as their only insult. I mean, if you're going to insult me at least use a creative one. Look,heres one, lobotomized idiot. It's not that hard sir, so use that little thing that some people call "creativity" once in a while, k?

Hobo
September 28th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Very "hands off" teachers. Look, I need help. I just asked you. No, I can't figure it out. I asked you.

I'm slow to pick things up, okay? Slower than most. I understand that. And I realize that the teacher's got a whole lot of other kids to teach, but come on. Spare me like ten minutes of your time.

: (

Nap1400
October 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Okay, now I have three things I need to vent about.

1. Some kids on my bus decided that after we were let out of school early, they should start a water fight with another bus. They started spraying water at them, and the other bus decided to take a whole bottle of water and dump it on the closest open window there is. Guess who got the bulk of the splash. >: (

Though this is forgivable.

2. Literally the day after, I went to get a snack on the lunch line. It took a while for the line to move considering the amount of people cutting it (which I also hate) but I was able to get through. I come back to my notebook, and what do I see? Some immature kid decided to draw, in my homework, a picture of a part of the male anatomy I will not discuss. In pen. I was mad. Fortunately, when I told the teacher in charge he told me that there's a security camera that might have busted the kid who did it. I hope they get what they deserve.

3. Now fast forward to today, on the bus again. Some of the kids on my bus do dumb things, which I don't mind. If it doesn't involve anyone else getting hurt but themselves. WELL GUESS WHAT? Now they decide to hurt themselves by spraying mace (pepper spray) on themselves. I would normally ignore this, but the spray ended up spreading across the ENTIRE BUS. You know what happened after that? EVERYONE'S LUNGS WERE ON FIRE. I'm mad right now. What's worse is that they (the sprayers) threatened that if anyone told on them, they'd spray the entire bus again. Well, I'm ignoring that. I'm telling the first person that needs to be told about this stuff and those idiots are going to get whatever they deserve.

RANT OVER

Rai
October 7th, 2011, 02:10 PM
You know those bags of chips you can get from the vending machines? Good for a snack, right? Not really, seeing as half the bag is air. Honestly, I know they need it to keep it fresh, but don't they already have enough preservatives in there to mummify a small dog? I shouldn't have to pay $1.50 for a bag of air!

Hammerlord
October 7th, 2011, 02:31 PM
You know thermostats? We don't use those here, so I have to turn my room's air conditioner on every night, so I can sleep in a fresh, cooled peace. Since my town is a very warm place, I turn the thing on around 1 hour and a half before I go to sleep so everything is ready for when I get really tired. But my freaking older sister keeps openning the doors and leaving them open EVERYTIME. I just HATE when I go to my room and find out that the environment is at 35 degrees, even though the air conditioner is on. HATE IT! I then have to try to sleep in those conditions, which I really can't, so I just stay awake until my room is perfectly cooled again.
*EDIT*
It's Celsius. Thanks for reminding me, BrandonSP! :]

BrandonSP
October 7th, 2011, 02:39 PM
You know thermostats? We don't use those here, so I have to turn my room's air conditioner on every night, so I can sleep in a fresh, cooled peace. Since my town is a very warm place, I turn the thing on around 1 hour and a half before I go to sleep so everything is ready for when I get really tired. But my freaking older sister keeps openning the doors and leaving them open EVERYTIME. I just HATE when I go to my room and find out that the environment is at 35 degrees, even though the air conditioner is on. HATE IT! I then have to try to sleep in those conditions, which I really can't, so I just stay awake until my room is perfectly cooled again.

Wait do you mean Celcius or Fareheit? Cause that sounds pretty cold for Farenheit, but insanely hot for Celsius. ... I'm going to guess Celcius.

On the topic of sexual jokes though, those have stopped bothering me for a while, mostly because people actually matured past saying "that's what she said" or "your mom" to every other sentence said. Yeah, now they've evolved to making some joke about genitilia that somehow makes sense in any situation. :(

iRoyBoy
October 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM
It erks me that the world revolves around money...I might not be able to get into my college now because I only have 2 thousand -might not be that seeing as though how the dow has gone to crap- and I can't get enough loans to pay for my tuition. Im royally pissed off at our economy.

Edit: Also, it's ####### snowing and cold in Arizona D: -shivers in my blanket- And there's this dog next door that won't stop barking...

Rai
October 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Alright, I've got a new one for you today.

Left 4 Dead 2 Versus Mode; Not only do I suck at it, I never get a chance to practice because EVERY server I'm on, I get kicked within ten minutes whilst a bunch of pimple-faced geeks yell at me for being terrible at the game. Seriously, it's a ****ing game. Get over it. Not everyone has enough free time to practice for hours on end on a video game.

Homesick
October 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM
It does seem that too many people who play video games online, get way to into it. They make everything so serious, and have no patience for people who are new to a game, or who aren't as good as them. They have almost zero patience at all for anyone. They do need to get over it and start treating video games like what they are, games.

Sven
October 10th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I really don't like the guys who sit behind me at lunch. There are 6 tables in a row, and there are 3 rows in the lunchroom. I sit on one side, and the table behind me has a couple of guys on the side closest to me. They love to "experiment" with the soda they bring, like each guy brings a Big Red, one brings a Monster, etc etc. So, usually, all they do is mix the drinks and drink them, which I don't care about because I like doing that at the soda fountain. BUT they think that it would taste better sometimes if they SHAKE the drink, and then SWIRL it around, maybe bang it on the table a couple of times, and THEN let it open, so the soda will be more fresh. But apparently they "FORGET" that it explodes when you open it after that. So, a few times I've gotten my back very wet from energy drink. I've told the teachers and they've only given them a "Don't do that again." But they do. Needless to say, they look like two-year-olds walking out of the lunchroom sopping wet with Monster and reeking of sugar.

Hammerlord
October 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM
When my mother needs help, she ALWAYS calls for ME, even little stuff, and almost never calls my older sister. Even when she is right at my mother's side and I am in the other side of the house. I hate that. It's like my name is way easier to pronounce or I'm inside my mom's head all the time, which is not a bad thing, but is not a good thing either. I'm really sure that I'm called for help around 3x my sister is. Some of you may know how annoying is to be called from far when you are in the bathroom. I wish she could give me a break.

TFA
October 10th, 2011, 09:28 AM
people who don't understand anything about the competitive scene of smash, then proceed to bash it/anyone in the scene, as well as act like they know more about the game or how to use a lot of the characters at a competitive/pro level then the people who actually are the pros.

To this day i Still see people who constantly still use crap like "fox only final destination" "TRFQ" or try to label L-CANCELLING as a glitch despite the fact that it was an intended mechanic since smash 64 (http://web.archive.org/web/19991117180837/http://smashbros.com/moves_advattacklanding.html) or act like the competitive players are not having fun playing competitively

things like that frustrate me to no end. Look I understand if someone doesn't wanna get into competitive play of smash, but at least do research first on something and realize some people actually do have fun playing competitively.

/rant.

Rai
October 12th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I've got another doozy for you all today. Have you ever been in the middle of an online game when your mother or other legal guardian starts yelling at you to do something, and you try to explain that you can't pause the rest of the world? I've had that situation so many times, and it's doomed my team in Nazi Zombies more times than I can count. Honestly, you'd think that they'd know a little bit of patience.

Homesick
October 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Yep, had it happen so many times. Your parents think that every game can be paused like a console game. They just don't get live online games I guess.
So many times it has happened and I've lost matches in different games because of it :/

Rai
October 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I mean, it's not a problem at all if it happens in a team competitive game, like TF2 or something, because my team doesn't exactly need me, but in a game like Nazi Zombies or Left 4 Dead, just being away for a few minutes can screw over everybody involved, and I hate doing that.

TaTer
October 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I've got another doozy for you all today. Have you ever been in the middle of an online game when your mother or other legal guardian starts yelling at you to do something, and you try to explain that you can't pause the rest of the world? I've had that situation so many times, and it's doomed my team in Nazi Zombies more times than I can count. Honestly, you'd think that they'd know a little bit of patience.

Oh yeah, I've had that happen to me PLENTY of times in SSBB and StarCraft.
It get's real tiresome! My mom always yells "Well PAUSE it!" And then I yell "I can't, it's online!" And THEN she yells "I don't care, just pause it!"

:/

Homesick
October 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Most of the time though I can have my younger brother just play for me. Since he's reasonably good at the games that I play. So it helps having him around to do that.

TaTer
October 12th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Most of the time though I can have my younger brother just play for me. Since he's reasonably good at the games that I play. So it helps having him around to do that.

Can't do that when your the youngest and your brother is always gone, and when your sisters don't give a crap about your game! XD

Homesick
October 12th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Well that sucks! I guess I am lucky to have him able to play my games for me. But a lot of times he screws them up! Haha

Unaniem
October 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Getting called away at an online game while in the middle of a match? God I know what you guys feel.

Like back when I still played Maplestory:
- There is this one 'Super Boss' called Balrog. He isn't really that hard to defeat and drops loads and loads of good stuff that can give you a much easier time in the game.
- Though there is a catch, wich is. most of the time, getting enough players to start a battle with Balrog.
- There's two modes on the Balrog fight: Easy and Normal. The difficulty you have to play depents on how high your level is. (Easy: 50 - 70, Normal 70 - 200)
- In easy mode, you need at least 6 people to challange Balrog. In normal mode, you need at least TWELVE people!
- Already getting 6 people for easy mode is a pain. Since the place where Balrog can be fought is alot off the beaten path, so normally not many people come there.
- Some of you might know that most of the community in Maplestory is just a bunch of jerks that do nothing but say that you suck at the game because you deal 50 less damage than they do. (Clarifacion: 50 is a very small number in Maplestory.) So when you finnaly actually encounter someone, there's a big chance they'll just run off without even trying because "ur to big of a n00b".
- If you somehow actually manage to get a party of 6 people (Or twelve on normal mode.) you can start the fight. Like I said, Balrog isn't hard to defeat, he just take a LONG time.
- For instance: You get a time limit when you want to fight him, 15:00 minutes on easy mode and 30:00 on normal mode.
- Also: You can't really 'damage' Balrog untill about 2 minutes in the fight. (Don't ask why, I don't know either.)

So after you finnaly got through all the crap of finding enough people to fight Balrog and claim the loot, guess who walkes in and says she needs to use the computer because she has to check her e-mail...?

Frustation.
Frustation, so much of it.

BrandonSP
October 12th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Oh yeah, I've had that happen to me PLENTY of times in SSBB and StarCraft.
It get's real tiresome! My mom always yells "Well PAUSE it!" And then I yell "I can't, it's online!" And THEN she yells "I don't care, just pause it!"

:/

3 words League. Of. Legends. Its like a game that was INVENTED just to mess with people who have these problems. Disappearing for even a minute screws over your entire team. This wouldn't be so bad, but YOU CAN GET BANNED FOR SCREWING OVER TOO MANY GAMES. Not only that, but people can report you for no reason to a similar effect.

Hammerlord
October 15th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Online interruptions? Heh. Happens with me all the time too.Remember when I told my mom calls me way more often than my siblings? Around 30% of those moments were when I was playing video games online. Specially when I'm playing Mario Kart Wii. I'm a fine player. 'Been on 9999 VR once, but everytime someone calls me in the middle of the race, I lose my concentration completely and end up in the 10th, maybe even 12th place. Gamers who can catch up or play fine while being distracted deserve my aplause.

DreamlandDreamer
October 24th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I totally agree over the whole 'online gaming interruption' subject. Want to carry on playing a match in SSBB without having to turn off the Wii? Too bad, tea time.

So, yeah. Things that are pretty much p-ing me off at the moment.

1. Being patronised by people. Yeah, it's alright if it's a one-off joke, I can deal with it- but if it's consistent, then it's just flat out annoying. No, I don't want my head patted like a 5-year old, and yes, I can understand what you're saying even when you don't draw out every syllable. One of my friends is a main offender in this area, which just makes it even more frustrating.

2. People who assume I'm a nerd just because I get higher-than-average marks and I don't go to parties and get wasted every weekend. I'm not all that sociable, I don't want to get drunk and I want to do well at school so I can get a decent job which I actually like. So what?

3. Assumptions and false rumours. For example, some people (okay, most) think I like this guy who sits next to me in form. I don't- we've been really good friends since primary school, so of course I'm going to be more comfortable with him than with other people. But when people make suggestive gestures and whatnot, then it gets really maddening. The worst part? The guy thinks I fancy him, too.

4. People who say b-y things behind my back (literally, in some cases) but don't have the guts to say it to my face. Also, when I think of a really witty comeback...six hours later when I'm lying awake in bed.

5. Injections. Can't stand them.

So, uh, yeah. Sorry about the angst-ing, y'all.

Eruedraith
October 24th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Same as DD up there: thinking up the witty comeback that would have burned the opposition like a bale of straw in a firestorm after the time for it.

The one thing I really hate, though, is my temper. When I lose it (which is, at least, rare), I do stuff and say things that I really hate myself for, I alienate people, I screw everything up. And then there's a real simmering stage right afterwards where I'm something of an ass towards everyone and everything.

I really, really hate it.

Another thing I absolutely abhor is the oversexualization of media. It's just disgusting. You can't go two feet on 'family' channels like ABC without a lewd comment at best or someone losing their pants at worst. I can handle the occasional stuff, fine with it, but when your trailer has three flashes of nudity in it and it's not a Gerber commercial, I have a problem with it.

Oh and people who bash things without being familiar with them, that's annoying as all hell too. Have you ever read Twilight? Then no, you're not entitled to your opinion. Yes, yes I did just go there.

And then there's the people who don't work for their own stuff. Life isn't fair, you're not going to get perfect grades and a wonderful job and the adoration of the entire state on a silver platter, bucko. Get off your ass and work for it. Work hard at it.

And people who can't do a decent insult! Wittiness today is just '&&&& you &&&&&' There's no thought that goes into this!

Okay, wasn't planning to rant that badly, sorry.

charigaara
October 24th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Right.

I hate everything to do with arrogance. People who think they're just the bee's knees, can't possibly be anything wrong with them, oh no, there's obviously something weird in everyone else's brain. Oh, I don't understand this, it can't be anything but the fault of the teacher! Or the tutor! Or the classmate who politely tried to help you! There's just nothing wrong with me, how could it possibly be my fault?

Minorities who exaggerate themselves. Seriously, we get that you're Asian. You don't have to say that someone asking you for help on schoolwork is racist. You also don't have to say that every little thing that could ever be interpreted as racist is racist. "Try not to talk in that robotic monotone when we present, you'll lose points." "Oh, so all Asians are robots, huh? Racist!" I know it's not just Asians, and I'm sure none of the Asians on this site do this, but I've only ever see it in the Asian population. Moving on to a related point!

Stereotyping without knowing a single thing about that person. I get that everyone makes judgments based on first appearances, but really, just because I get good grades and I'm not obviously Asian/Indian doesn't mean I'm White. And when I tell you I'm Hispanic, it's the rudest thing to say, "Breaking the stereotype!" I swear, next time I hear a person say it, I'll have a few of their teeth as souvenirs.
Also calling smart White people Wasian is &&&&ing horrible and shows a complete lack of intelligence on your part. I guess as a joke between friends it's okay, and it's totally fine calling a White/Asian person Wasian if they're okay with it, but calling someone you barely know Wasian based off of your stupid assumptions means a piece of your puerile brain is missing. Find it, then come talk to me.

Hate of any kind against friends. It seriously kills me to hear about the people on here who've been bullied. I can't help it when my fists clench and I want nothing more to go to school with you and take your bullies for a little ride. I'm lucky I went to a mostly bully-free school, I guess. There was this one guy who had a voice with a higher pitch than most, and he was silently picked on. We were really close friends, and although I never heard anyone say a word against him to his face, I could hear it in the hallways and ohmigod I want to murder about half of my sixth grade. I know you're immature imbeciles that can't tell the difference from right and wrong yet, but I'm sure you understand the basic concept of feelings, right?

Hatred based on sexuality/gender differences. Discrimination against anyone who isn't straight or sticking with the gender they were born with is no different from racism or sexism. Just because a guy is homosexual doesn't mean he's suddenly on the prowl for every guy in the school. It doesn't mean that you have any right to pick at him. And it isn't a threat to your supposed "masculinity" in any way. You're all probably way out of the gay guy's league, anyway. I know I wouldn't have any reason to date scum. (Note: I'm not going against people who disapprove of anything other than heterosexuality, I'm raging against those who think it's fine to treat those who aren't hetero like dirt on the bottom of a homeless person's torn sole.)

A lot of this stems from ignorance, I think, which is what I despise most of all. I can't go into this without basically rehashing everything I just said, so I won't.

Now, if I've offended you, I'm sorry.

Hammerlord
November 2nd, 2011, 06:12 PM
Ok.

I don't know if some of you know about that, but I have depression issues and I actually have to take medicines everyday to maintain my emotional state stable. But the bad part is that EVERYTIME I feel really mad or sad about some event or any other acceptable situation, my mother then says it's because I forgot to take the medicine. Even when I'm mad with something at school or sad for not talking to someone when I had the chance, my mother still blames ME for not taking the goddamn thing and treats me like some sort of handicapped by not accepting any kind of discussion. This just kills me. It makes me feel SO MUCH hate inside of me. The worst part is that I take this thing everyday without forgetting, probably mostly because I don't want my mom to have any excuses.

People who say something suck, without even trying/seeing it out at the first place. That makes me furious. How can you say something is not good if you haven't even tried it out yet? If you don't want to, then you might as well shut up. Only those that had experienced that thing are the ones who can actually form an opinion about it.
That is a FACT.

Players who keep saying that using the C-Stick in SSBM means that you are a noob. Isn't wavesmashing complex enough for you? The C-Stick instant smash mechanism was made to make smashing less harder to explore when using it with advanced techniques. It makes your life easier and you could get used to it.
Also players who say L-cancelling is a GLITCH.

*Sigh*

I'm done.

Snickerway
November 2nd, 2011, 06:38 PM
Players who keep saying that using the C-Stick in SSBM means that you are a noob. Isn't wavesmashing complex enough for you? The C-Stick instant smash mechanism was made to make smashing less harder to explore when using it with advanced techniques.

Heh. I remember when I first played SSB (the original, it had no c-stick smashes) I could never get smashes down. The C-stick definitely makes casual play a lot easier, but SOME PEOPLE seem to think casual players are a myth!

*Sigh*
Eeyup.

Kiwi
November 2nd, 2011, 06:47 PM
When you ask for a coke and the waiter says "We only have Pepsi, is that okay?" and vice versa. It really grinds my gears! To me, they're exactly the same, so it gets me angry when they ask as if it's a big deal.

Is it just me?

Elfice
November 2nd, 2011, 07:03 PM
I bought a Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital copy bundle of Scott Pilgrim from Target today, and when I went to redeem the code, they said that the code was expired and I couldn't get the movie. The case was shrink-wrapped and unopened and all that jazz...and why would something like that have an expiration date?! That just seems stupid! The reason I paid the extra 7ish bucks was for the digital copy (I want it on my iPod yesyesyesyesyes), and if I can't get it, why did I spend that extra money?

Hopefully Universal's customer support will be like "yeah well you contacted us, here's how to get a digital copy of the movie"...if not, that's just really stupid of them.

Hobo
November 3rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
You know what's bullcrap? Programming with Alice. I almost wish I'd taken Algebra again this year instead.

Benno™
November 5th, 2011, 12:02 AM
When you ask for a coke and the waiter says "We only have Pepsi, is that okay?" and vice versa. It really grinds my gears! To me, they're exactly the same, so it gets me angry when they ask as if it's a big deal.

Is it just me?

That's odd, because they definitely do not taste the same. So you really shouldn't get angry at the waiter or anyone else.

King Kienzan
November 5th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Oh goody, I love to rant. Let's make a list.

I hate trolls.

I REALLY hate people who defend trolling.

I hate any kind of bigots.

I hate how everyone automatically assumes someone is a child molester if they are gay.

I hate how people think that you're gay just because you defend gay rights. I'm not gay, but why should I have a problem with it?

I hate how all of a sudden Ryan Dunn is everyone's favorite Jack*** character. Wow, that's pretty cool, I never heard you mention that before?

I hate people who are cynical just for the sake of being cynical.

I hate how when you beat someone at a video game online, they resort to the "Wow, you have no life" crack.

That's it for now, I'll come up with more later.

ozymandiaspoem
November 5th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I hate it when good franchises end.

Curus
November 5th, 2011, 06:38 AM
That's odd, because they definitely do not taste the same. So you really shouldn't get angry at the waiter or anyone else.

Personally, I find Pepsi has more of an aftertaste, and not one I particularly find pleasant.

Anyway, you know what's bullcrap? The fact I posted here without anything to call bullcrap. >:3
Don't worry, sooner or later somebody's going to post boobs on the Horror Channel group and I'll go off on one again.

SSBBrawler
November 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM
You know what grinds my gears? American football games. I think the crowd is overreacting and needs to learn to calm down considerably more than what they are. It doesn't help that I have to go to every, single game because I'm in band. I enjoy playing my instrument, but I don't join band to play in pep band.

And it's also irritating when I say that I wish I were somewhere else, and everyone and their grandma stare at me with contempt and say that I need "school spirit."

I have "school spirit," but not in the football. I have it in other activities like band, scholar's bowl, forensics, debate, the academic activities. But those are shunned aside and no one gives a damn about them. For example, the football and basket ball teams get new uniforms every other season, whereas the scholar's bowl team can't even get team blazers so we can have a team uniform.

Thank god this is my last year of ever having to deal with football.

ozymandiaspoem
November 5th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I hate how the U.S. and U.N. are forcing third-world countries to accept abortion, contraception, and homosexual marriage under pain of not receiving food, clothing, or medicine.

It's a scandal, it needs to be stopped. Much like the child sex abuse scandal, much like the funding of oppressive governments scandal, much like every other scandal ever.

JasonGuy299
November 5th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Ergh... ergh... AGH...
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The forum just ate the text of my update for my forum game AGAIN! And I forgot to save the whole thing to the Clipboard!
Why does the forum do this kind of cruel stuff to me?! It always eats my text! I swear, it's the one thing about forums that drives me absolutely insane!

Zikki-Dee
November 6th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Here's a simple incident blown out of proportions.

As I was walking to class in school on Friday, I was ordered to removed my scarf. Now I'm muslim, so we are allowed to wear headgear in class. I informed the demanding woman that I was a Muslim, and that I wear it for religious purposes. She then asks me if I wear it everyday. It was an unecessary statement but I shook it off and answered it. "Yes I have been," I said. "Oh," said the woman "I haven't seen you." "Hmm, it's fine," I replied. "Maybe I'm just invisible." She took my last statement as rude, althought neither my voice, nor body actions, were showing signs of bore. She sent me staight to an In-School Suspension. I told her that my statement wasn't meant to be rude, but rather a friendly joke, and that I'm sorry to have offended her. But she insisted on being a wench, so I was sent to ISS.

By the time I got there, the instructor, a man this time, allowed me to use my phone to call my mother. When she arrived, she asked the woman if she believes it is necessary to have sent my to ISS for such a feeble and unintended offense, if even concidered one at all. She said that it was the only way. I then said that I know now to never joke with uptight employees such as herself, but honestly this is indeed blown out of proportions. When my mother tried to explain how, the woman cut her off with rudeness in her voice. (This is a VERY condensed version of the story).

Did I do something wrong? Even if you can answer yes, didn't I admit my mistake? It's a Friday for God's sake, loosen up. I don't appreciate School personel who abuse their powers over students to fill their own agenda. I've gotten it all my life, being Muslim in a country that hates us an all. Which is another stupid assupmtion in itself that I can rant about another time. But I need to look further into this because I would not stand by and let a witch like her misuse the diciplinary action conduct for her own selfish goals. Grr!

Kay I'm done.

Battle Mage Z
November 6th, 2011, 01:36 AM
The most thing I hate is when I play Maplestory, someone calls me a noob and/or de-fame me just because I'm a lower level than that person. That person should think about the time that he/she was at a low level at some point.

Kiwi
November 6th, 2011, 01:36 AM

Its just really irritating because to me they DO taste the same.

Curus
November 6th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Its just really irritating because to me they DO taste the same.

Have you considered that you two may just plain taste them differently, if you're going to otherwise insist on turning this into an argument?
I'm so very sorry you want service personnel to care less about you, Mr. Kiwi. You will recieve your hamper within five to ten working days.

King Kienzan
November 6th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Time for some more. I love me some ranting. ^_^

I hate how it is socially acceptable to play 12 hours of CoD a day, but if someone was gonna play Mario or Zelda for 1 hour, they would be considered a nerd.

I hate when a person's reason for protesting Wal-Mart is because they "treat their employees unfairly". If someone hates working there, then they can just quit.

I hate people who complain about something trivial on Facebook and end it with "FML". Woo! You gotta wait an extra 30 minutes for dinner, your life is meaningless now.

I hate people who pretend to be nerdy to fit in with nerdy groups. Wow, that's some cool Sonic hat. You know what would be cool? Actually seeing you play a Sonic game.

I hate how anytime someone defends Nintendo, they're automatically a fanboy. Wow, the 3DS is bad didn't have a great launch? Have you noticed ANY other system from the past 8 or so years?

Yup, that's it for now.

Kirbster
November 6th, 2011, 06:32 PM
People who don't understand the difference between liking something and understanding it's well written. It makes me want to take a boot to their face. A really old boot that's filthy and caked with dryed mud.

littlemac
November 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I hate how people talk about Nintendo being childish. Seriously? Have you never heard of Mother 3? You know, the game that makes people cry just from playing it? Or Super Paper Mario? A game that talks about the ending of all dimensions, and has a dark backstory? Or Majora's Mask? The game that has an incredibly dark atmosphere? I could go on, but I think you get my point.

I hate how people keep on complaining about trivial things about games, acting as if they ruin the game. Yes, Other M Samus won't shut up, I get it, that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Yes, the Werehog levels from Sonic Unleashed weren't as good as the day levels, that doesn't mean you should rate it lower than Sonic '06!

I hate Navi's reputation. Come on, people, she isn't THAT annoying! When she says "Hey!" she only says it once, she doesn't say it over and over like people say she does. In fact, I would be completly lost in that game without her. Actually, I used to use Saria's song quite a bit so I could get hints from her. That's right, I didn't think she came up enough, so I had to manually talk to her! I'm being serious here.

I hate how every single person on the internet who does negative reviews is almost constantly swearing. The Nostalgia Critic, the Avgn, The Irate Gamer, you name it! You don't have to use 4 letter words to negatively review something! I admit, sometimes it makes it a bit more amusing, but it is possible to make your reviews funny without swearing you know! Why else would Linkara be so popular?

Curus
November 6th, 2011, 08:09 PM
I hate when a person's reason for protesting Wal-Mart is because they "treat their employees unfairly". If someone hates working there, then they can just quit.

In some situations, it can be a fair bit harder than 'just quit'. Quitting a job means risking not getting a new one for a while, and people need that money.

TheMightyBox
November 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I hate how every single person on the internet who does negative reviews is almost constantly swearing. The Nostalgia Critic, the Avgn, The Irate Gamer, you name it! You don't have to use 4 letter words to negatively review something! I admit, sometimes it makes it a bit more amusing, but it is possible to make your reviews funny without swearing you know! Why else would Linkara be so popular?

Its simply a comedic style, and as you pointed out with Linkara not every negative reviewer does it, and I'm sure they fully know its possible to be funny without swears. But you also have to remember that most of these are reviews done in character, and the extremely angry cuss-monger is simply a popular character. And its far far more than those simple four-letter words.

And I completely agree with the Navi comment, and it is actually a rather sore spot for me.

SSBBrawler
November 6th, 2011, 08:20 PM
In some situations, it can be a fair bit harder than 'just quit'. Quitting a job means risking not getting a new one for a while, and people need that money.

Speaking of which, there's a book called Nickel and Dimed, written by Barbara Ehrenreich, whose afterword (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/barbara-ehrenreich/nickel-and-dimed-2011-ver_b_922330.html) states that in this day and age, the reason people don't quit is because they know they'll be hard-pressed with getting a new job any time soon.

King Kienzan
November 6th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I see your point about that, but I still stand by the statement in general. I have friends who work there. They don't like their jobs, as most people tend not to, but they never say anything about being treated unfairly.

Curus
November 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I see your point about that, but I still stand by the statement in general. I have friends who work there. They don't like their jobs, as most people tend not to, but they never say anything about being treated unfairly.

Then maybe they just don't know they're being treated unfairly (which is to say, they're used to the various ways in which people can be screwed over), or they haven't incurred WalMart's wrath by trying to start a union, or maybe they're lucky and just haven't come across the worst? Either way it's not like their experience is the be-all end-all, and I wouldn't say disliking one's job is something which should be expected. People shouldn't be satisfied with dissatisfaction.

Hobo
November 16th, 2011, 02:47 PM
The seniors in my English class who can't pronounce words. Someone today pronounced "curvaceous" as "sur-vaceous". This has been going on throughout every grade, but I thought we would have learned, you know, basic pronunciation before we're legally allowed to screw/join the military/elect the leader of our country.

BrandonSP
November 16th, 2011, 03:45 PM
The seniors in my English class who can't pronounce words. Someone today pronounced "curvaceous" as "sur-vaceous". This has been going on throughout every grade, but I thought we would have learned, you know, basic pronunciation before we're legally allowed to screw/join the military/elect the leader of our country.

You think that is bad here is a worse example. This one girl in my class was talking about how she was about to take a test for her restricted liscence and was wondering if it was hard or not. The girl next to her replies that it was on the internet so you could have your parents do it for you. I said that that was stupid and they should make you take it in person so you couldn't cheat like that and she replied, "My mom failed the test." Note that this mom has a license, that scares me about the kinds of drivers that are driving around if a driver can't pass the restricted test.

cyanide_
November 16th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Having to be up literally 24 hours to finish an essay is bullcrap. 24 hours in the library btw.

We'll ignore that it's my own fault for this.

Eruedraith
December 2nd, 2011, 08:54 AM
When people say that 'The Civil War had the most American casualties of all wars. You know why? Because it was brother vs brother!', and then look like they've said something incredibly insightful and wise.

I have to resist the urge to say one of two things at this: 'No, it's because every death was an American. The fact that they were brothers fighting has nothing to do with it', or, if I'm feeling exasperated: 'No &&&&, Sherlock.'

I don't know why this irks me so much, but it really does. It really shouldn't, though.

littlemac
December 2nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
I hate when women wear the skimpiest clothing, then get angry when you stare at them. I mean, if you don't want to draw attention, why do you wear stuff like that?!

cyanide_
December 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
I hate when women wear the skimpiest clothing, then get angry when you stare at them. I mean, if you don't want to draw attention, why do you wear stuff like that?!

I hate misogynistic patriarchy myself.

In other news, I hate my university. It has got a court injunction that bans all forms of protest across the campus.

Curus
December 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I don't hate cyanide_.

I do hate having this cough, especially since it's aggravated by talking. I like talking, dammit.
I also don't like that I've now gotten to the stage in the cold where I can't eat and breathe at the same time.
Also it's gotten even colder.

To summarise, cyanide_ is better than winter and common illnesses.

Madmachine
December 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
There isn't any left-handed mode in Skyward Sword.

Seriously, Nintendo, I'm beginning to lose trust in you. Poor Triforcebun. He's a southpaw.

And anyway, it's kind of killing a Zelda tradition. I mean, yeah, I can understand how it would be weird to do it left-handed if you were right handed, but what if someone wanted the extra challenge?

I'M RIGHT HANDED ANYWAY WHY AM I COMPLAINING

Originally Posted by Godlovesme
I hate how Christians are portrayed in tv shows and movies. They are always judgemental, bigots acting like idiots, when (with one or two exceptions) no Christian I know is like that! It is an offensive stereotype!! What people don't realize is that all they are doing when they put that on tv, is being a judgemental bigot towards Christians. I'll keep praying for them, cuz that is what the Bible says, but something really should change with this!

Well, a lot of "Christians" are that way, sadly, but I agree. Not all Christians are that way. I'm not. Or, at least, I hope I'm not. Am I?

It's fake Christians giving real Christians a bad name, is what it is.

Cloudodom
December 9th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Well, I really tend to dislike people using internet memes and stuff outside of the internet. It really just rustles my jimmies whenever people go around shouting UMADBRO and other things. I think I really should take these things less seriously, but it just sounds really dumb when I hear those. But to be honest, I used to do those things, so I guess they're just reminding me of my past self. I mean I guess it's okay if your just talking to your friends like that and it's sort of like an inside joke, but just saying it randomly in public is just plain out wiggidy wack.

Sven
December 9th, 2011, 03:02 PM
ohboyherewego

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f166/ladymystique80/flamewar.jpg

I dislike it when the people at my school only go with what their "leader" say. Here's a conversation that happened today to me;

Jerk 1:"So, me and [Sven] have to do this debate, and it's on 'Animal Testing'. Kinda cool, actually."
Jerk 2:"Cool? Who cares if the animals die?"
Jerk 3:"What, you're care about the wittle bunnies like [Sven] over here?"
Jerk 1:".... Nah man, I was saying how the ways they test them are. Pretty sick, man!"
Jerk 2:"Yeah bro!"
Jerk 3:"Yeah [Sven], you mad bro?"

Yes Cloudodom, I read your post.

Yoshistar
December 9th, 2011, 03:52 PM
One of the situations that really grinds my gears is when people continuously shove things down my throat (figuratively-speaking, of course-- thank goodness the literal meaning of that has never happened before!).

Example:
[Yes, I understand you like... nay, LOVE Minecraft-- so do many other people. I respect that.
No, I don't want to play Minecraft-- I tried it and I didn't enjoy it. Simple as that.
Cue countless spammy instant messages over the course of a few months trying to get me to play Minecraft.]

(I swear, if they weren't one of the only two friends I can visit personally within my vicinity I'd block them.)

...However, that's pretty petty compared to most other issues your guys have here, but bottling them up does no good either. I'll see if I can dig up a few more pet peeves out of my head sometime. I need to post more outside Gamer's Corner/The Smash Dojo anyways, so I apologize if I broke the flow. :|

765Bro
December 9th, 2011, 09:05 PM
>Everyone I know:
HAW HAW INFORMED OPINION. YUR RONG. NO SHUT UP I DONT CARE.
SAY SOMETHING FUNNY.
KBAI.

Rai
December 9th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I hate the sound of people coughing. Over and over and over. It drives me crazy.

Hammerlord
December 12th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I seriously hate when someone doesn't give my trust enough respect. I rather believe the person's father used to be a handicapped ballerina or something than believe that someone was lying to me. I hate lies. I really do.
When I'm sketching something in class for some considerable amount of time, my middle finger starts to hurt, because I sometimes push the pencil too hard against it, so I could get a decent grip. And I have this issue of with pencils mostly because I have the sweaty hand issue as well, which sucks (that also happens when I use the stylus while playing on my 3DS, but that is another story). I try to get those special pencils and all, but my hand is still used to pushing the pencil against my finger harder than usual, so I often have to take breaks from drawing and that can kill my concentration and can be really annoying.

Guybrush20X6
December 12th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Ok let's go

What I hate in society

Teenager throwing about swear words and homophobic slurs around like it's nothing. I find it disheartening and offensive that teens think that it's acceptable or maybe that's the point. they know it's not acceptable and the hate the senstive ones sooooooo much. I was bullied in school because I refused to swear and I'm straight but I hate the idea of someone hating someone for something that's none of their business.

About myself

I hate that my hand is so shakey that I could not develop any artistic skills. I got marks deducted in my zoology report because the sketches were messy. If I could draw I'd've gone to art school.

P.S. Thanks GigaNerd17 for doing what my stupid hands cannot.

Eruedraith
December 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I've had things like that.

Don't type your geometry, write it

Your handwriting is terribleeee

DreamlandDreamer
December 12th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Example:
[Yes, I understand you like... nay, LOVE Minecraft-- so do many other people. I respect that.
No, I don't want to play Minecraft-- I tried it and I didn't enjoy it. Simple as that.
Cue countless spammy instant messages over the course of a few months trying to get me to play Minecraft.]

This. This, so much.

It's also annoying when people instantly assume I can't do something without any evidence. Like, for example, a little conversation I had with my maths teacher the other day~

MT: *after talking about random stuff* Okay, so what do you want to take for your A Levels?

Me: I'm not sure, but I'm thinking about taking Art Multimedia as one of the options. *cue random prattle about other options*

MT: *gives me a strange glance* Well...I guess you don't have to be good at Art to do it in the future, eh?

Me: :I

I'm not saying I want people to tell me I'm good when I'm not. What annoys me is that she just assumes it with no prior evidence.

kingkirby77
December 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
It's also annoying when people instantly assume I can't do something without any evidence. Like, for example, a little conversation I had with my maths teacher the other day~
You can't make accusations like that without evidence! I ASHOOOM that you have some?

I couldn't help it, I had to make that Perfect Dark reference :)

But anyway, I would just like to say that driving in rush hour traffic sucks! Especially when it is snowing since everyone on the road seems to panic and not know what to do, even though the roads aren't even that bad for the most part. I mean really, I was driving home one time, going on the highway like usuall and everyone was driving 20 km/hr, which is very slow and dangerous when the speed limit is suppost to be 100!

What is worse is that there wasn't even any snow staying on the road since it was all warm and melty that day also this is CANADA, you should be able to drive in a few snow flakes even if it is blowing a bit as well! At first I thought there was a collision or something, but nope there wasn't. I can understand driving like 80 or maybe 70 if you need to be super careful but when you clog up the highway and make it take me 3 hours to get home when it should take 20 to 30 mins, it kind of sucks!

Kirb
December 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Whereabouts in Canada are you? Vancouverites are terrible with snow.

Eruedraith
December 20th, 2011, 09:43 PM
The misinterpretations of the Catholic Church's 'Evil Actions' in the past - primarily the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades, and the Trial of Galileo.

It has always annoyed me how people use these things to demonize the Church when they're usually using incorrect information and hearsay. Seriously, it wasn't like the Church was preaching 'kill Muslims, go to Heaven' - it was more along the lines of barons and other such rulers twisting stuff out of proportion in order to gain more land in the war, poor communication, misdirected religious zeal, etc.

kingkirby77
December 20th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Whereabouts in Canada are you? Vancouverites are terrible with snow.

I live right around Edmonton, Alberta. That is why this is so sad...

Madmachine
December 21st, 2011, 12:41 PM
Speaking of snow, I'M NOT GETTING ANY. And I live RIGHT NEXT TO LAKE MICHIGAN. In a PARTICULARLY COLD PART OF THE AREA AROUND LAKE MICHIGAN.

I am sad. :(

Yoshistar
December 21st, 2011, 01:35 PM
^Tell me about it! In fact, it's been raining recently! :I

We had a few snowfalls, but only once did the snow actually stick to the ground. And it STILL didn't cover everything! It's beginning to look like yet another year in which it doesn't snow on Christmas, which sucks because this is the only time I actually like when it snows. :(

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure this is also the bane of many others: Procrastination. I'm hazardously prone to distractions, so I have a very hard time getting much of anything productive done. I have the worst case of Artist's Block right now (also one of my biggest pet peeves), and I'm unable to sit down with my trusty ol' pencil to sketch anything because I'm so easily distracted and amused and arrrgh freaking Boldores and their Sturdy ability stop wasting my precious PP!

...Sorry, I went off at a tangent-- yet another peeve of mine. I'll be quiet for now. XD

Zant
December 24th, 2011, 04:23 PM
As if it wasn't bad enough that I bought games worth a total of 90- bucks on Steam that don't work for 3 different reasons, I've now got a new problem with Steam, albeit this time the blame is on something that ain't Steam's service or Vista being &&&&ty. Midway the transaction, my internet connection decides it's the perfect time to act crazy! Why couldn't it break down in the middle of a fun TF2 match or when writing lenghty message on a forum or opening Paint(not kidding here) like it normally does? Or how about this time there were 5 lads on the same network earlier? Then it would've had a bloody excuse, but no. I've got an internet connection thats probably a massive fan of tripping in SSBB. You never know when it starts to act funny and I don't have the technical skills to fix this stupid crap.

So now I'm waiting to see if Steam got the cash or I risk getting charged twice. Just wonderful. I wonder how long it'll take before someone here decides to call someone to fix this issue, for we've been having this for 4 months now. My parents are the only ones who can solve this, but they don't have much trouble with it so they take their sweet time. It's far more likely I'll have moved outta this house before anything in this dump is fixed. I am so gonna enjoy the day I can finally leave this awful mess behind. This crappy internet is just one of the many nuisances but if I were to write that half of it would be &&&& marks anyway.

iRoyBoy
December 29th, 2011, 09:25 PM
-Rant start-

So today my sister asks me "How does this picture look"

To me at first glance it looks fine, but when I stare at it longer I see the head is a bit off, it's far too wide. She said he's supposed to be facing sideways and I just pointed out where she should have drawn the line after that though I pointed out the things I did like and I told her it was really good, it was only that one thing that's relatively easy to fix. Well apparently my mother hears this and asks me. "Why can't you just tell her it's nice. Why do you always have to point things out. What would you do if someone was always telling you stuff and bashing your art." Now I am somewhat speechless because one, every time I ask her how my stuff is she points things out for me, and I take it, fix it, and make it better, and two I have no idea where she thought I was "bashing" my sister. I was just giving her some constructive criticism on what she could do to make it better.

In all honesty part of me wanted to blow up right there. The art world is full of good and bad criticism, you can easily tell bad from good. And also nothing is ever perfect. There's always going to be things that people will point out. Your never going to get away from criticism, personally I like it. It helps me see things that other people see and it also helps me to improve myself as both a person and an artist. It bothers me to think people would rather be told "It's nice, perfect, best thing ever!" Rather than to have someone point out the flaws so you know what to look for in the future.

Part of me is also trying to get her ready for that. I know she can't take criticism at all, and a lot of my friends can't either. Every time I say something that could have been changed a little differently they break down into this mopeing of "i'm the worst artist ever" I'm trying to help get them out of that because criticism is everywhere. And if you ever do get out into the art world where the REAL critics are your going to get some hateful comments. Your going to have to suck it up and take it with a grain of salt.

So I ask you, is it better to sugar coat criticism, or tell it how it is in the nicst way possible.

-End rant-

Eltrotraw
December 29th, 2011, 09:32 PM
-Rant-A few questions, because I've noticed this very same thing from plenty of other people I've met and talked to: How old is your sister?
How often does your sister showcase her art?
Does she do it as a hobby?
How seriously does she treat it?Depending on t he answers to these questions, it would explain a whole lot in regards to the reaction you've gotten.

iRoyBoy
December 29th, 2011, 10:46 PM
She is 15
She doesn't show it much but she does have a lot of other really good stuff and I've complimented her on that. I know she has one Narusasu picture -shudders- that looks like it's from the anime but I've never seen that scene, and I've watched all of Naruto so far. [though I've recently stopped watching it, aaaand I'm getting off topic]
It's one of her main hobbies actually and she's trying to get better at it.
It varies from picture to picture. Most of the time she's really serious. But she usually never puts anything on deviant art or facebook like I tell her she should.

Honestly she's 15 and I feel that she should be able to handle it better than she has. I was the same age when I started out, and granted at first I thought I sucked but after a few pictures I realized that everyone's going to have a problem with something and I just took it as it was. I'm also just trying to show her what could be drawn better because I know she can do better. I've seen it. If she can make it through middle school then she can handle anything o3o

Eruedraith
February 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
People who say they're vegetarian but eat chicken.

Just... waaagh.

Superninfreak
February 6th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Vegetarianism is used pretty vaguely these days, since different people approach it in different ways.

Yeah it's silly to eat chicken if you're a vegetarian, but there are a lot of vegetarians who eat fish, so I guess just making an exception for chicken isn't much different.

Eruedraith
February 6th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Oh I know that, but the person who said this had just said that she 'even doesn't eat fish', because she disagrees with how they're farmed.

And given how chickens are farmed... just blah.

Doofenshmirtz
February 6th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Oh I know that, but the person who said this had just said that she 'even doesn't eat fish', because she disagrees with how they're farmed.

Report her to the Vegan police

Ahem, that being said...

Yesterday I remembered why the Tales of fanbase is one of the worst pieces of crap to exist in the fandom.
The amount of trolling and disharmony on that fandom is near insufferable, I would think this is reason enough for Namco to not localize the rest of the games, due to the ungrateful nature of the fans.

Superninfreak
February 6th, 2012, 12:15 PM

Oh, that's a bit bizarre, yeah.

I mean, I'd argue that (from an animal rights standpoint) fishing is more humane than industrial style farming. At least with fishing the animal got a life of freedom prior to being killed.

DukeOfStyrofoam
February 9th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I just started typing about some racists in my school (who probably don't even know they're being racist), but I changed my mind for a lot of reasons. Instead, I'll talk about a kid who is CONSTANTLY KNOCKING OVER MY WATER BOTTLES AND PULLING MY HOOD DOWN WHENEVER I HAVE IT UP FOR NO REASON. He isn't even one of those kids who always walks around in a group of other people and thinks he's cool. He's just like me, except he can be a jerk sometimes. Wait, maybe... I think typing this has caused me to think about if I can be a jerk sometimes... But he is definitely worse.

Eruedraith
February 9th, 2012, 04:23 PM
That's a good point, actually - a year ago or so, I came in contact with someone that I absolutely could not stand. Just his massive arrogance and smartassery were astounding - until I realized that I acted like that a lot. Since then, I really started looking at my actions from the outside, and I like to believe that I'm doing better nowadays.

Basically, jerks are good, because they help us find out if we're jerks, too.

Annoying, but helpful.

Banjo(Auz)
February 10th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I was born with a condition that kinda altered my face a little, so when I'm just doing my thing and accidentally drop my books at school or whatever, everyone rushes over to me and goes "It's ok buddy, let me get that for ya." like I'm mentally retarded or something.

everyone makes the assumption that I am mentally retarded by default and it really bugs me.

Red
February 18th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I was born with a condition that kinda altered my face a little, so when I'm just doing my thing and accidentally drop my books at school or whatever, everyone rushes over to me and goes "It's ok buddy, let me get that for ya." like I'm mentally retarded or something.

everyone makes the assumption that I am mentally retarded by default and it really bugs me.

This makes me think about those certain people that think it's socially acceptable to verbally express their horror and disdain when they come across people who actually happen to be mentally retarded.
Actually, this just applies to anyone and everyone who thinks it's acceptable to show how horrible you think someone looks or is when you don't even know them, simply because they are different. It's really upsetting.

iRoyBoy
February 28th, 2012, 12:11 AM
So I buy a brand new IMac today for my school work. All my Maya and 3D modeling needs cause I heard Mac was the way to go. I start it up and I hear a weird clicking sound. I search it up and come to find that clicking sound is a tell tale sign that the hard drive has been damaged. I just got the thing today and it didn't even start up. I just hope best buy will give my a new one tomorrow...or this is going to be one unhappy sam...1,500 bucks just to be able to run Maya for my school and now I can't even do that...

Eltrotraw
February 28th, 2012, 01:43 AM
So I buy a brand new IMac today for my school work. All my Maya and 3D modeling needs cause I heard Mac was the way to go. I start it up and I hear a weird clicking sound. I search it up and come to find that clicking sound is a tell tale sign that the hard drive has been damaged. I just got the thing today and it didn't even start up. I just hope best buy will give my a new one tomorrow...or this is going to be one unhappy sam...1,500 bucks just to be able to run Maya for my school and now I can't even do that...FYI, you CAN run Maya on PCs, because I've seen rigs that do just that. Macs are generally more preferable to most developers for some reason. Still, technical issues are never good when you get handed brand new technology that doesn't work - you should be able to get refunded for a defective product before you even get a chance to use it for more than a week, at least.

iRoyBoy
February 28th, 2012, 02:15 AM
FYI, you CAN run Maya on PCs, because I've seen rigs that do just that. Macs are generally more preferable to most developers for some reason. Still, technical issues are never good when you get handed brand new technology that doesn't work - you should be able to get refunded for a defective product before you even get a chance to use it for more than a week, at least.

Yah I know. I was running it on my PC laptop I'm on now but that's what caused my computer to crash. I needed to buy a better system and I took into account what you and many other people have said. Mac is used more in the industry than PC. I think it's just the fact Apple, most of the time, makes better stuff, or the fact Maya is just recently getting better in the PC world. And if I do eventually have to learn a Mac or need a Mac I might as well have one now while I have the money. So that's my reasoning. I'll just say though that so far my Mac experience has been at a negative five. Then again you never can tell with hard drive failures. It could have just happened in shipping or something, who knows...I just hope I can get a computer that runs Maya so I can get my work done. I already have one late assignment because of this and I don't want to have another.

Eltrotraw
February 28th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Yah I know. I was running it on my PC laptop I'm on now but that's what caused my computer to crash. I needed to buy a better system and I took into account what you and many other people have said. Mac is used more in the industry than PC. I think it's just the fact Apple, most of the time, makes better stuff, or the fact Maya is just recently getting better in the PC world. And if I do eventually have to learn a Mac or need a Mac I might as well have one now while I have the money. So that's my reasoning. I'll just say though that so far my Mac experience has been at a negative five. Then again you never can tell with hard drive failures. It could have just happened in shipping or something, who knows...I just hope I can get a computer that runs Maya so I can get my work done. I already have one late assignment because of this and I don't want to have another.I've ran both 3DS Max and Maya on PCs, and both are products made by Autodesk. This isn't just a one time thing, either, because I've used multiple computers that have had either or both of the programs on them at once. Mac isn't a requirement, though some would recommend them - that doesn't mean you HAVE to follow the recommendation like you seem to be doing.

This sounds like more of a technical issue more than the Mac or the program's fault.

SSBBrawler
February 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Pep band. Oh my god, pep band.

I like playing an instrument and all that, but currently, we've had pep band 9 weeks in a row. I hate pep band. Pep band forces me to go to an event I don't even care the slightest about. At least we're indoors, where's it warm, unlike football season where we go out, no matter the temperature.

NintendoQueen
March 3rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
You know what's bull&&&&? SNOW on Spring EFFING Break! >:[

2Sonics
March 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
You know what's bull&&&&? SNOW on Spring EFFING Break! >:[
You'd be surprised. I think one time a while ago, it snowed in October.

SSBBrawler
March 3rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Meanwhile, in non-predictable weather Kansas, it snowed once in April. It was bad for the plant-life. I think the farmers had one of the lowest profits that year relative to other years.

Anyways...

I'm going to get chewed out by my band director come Monday. Here's why: There's a sub-state basketball game today, but I don't know when to be at the school to head out to wherever we're going. I called the one guy whose phone number I knew and he would also know the time to be there. He didn't pick up.
The worst part is is that I need to ask him for a ride, because my mom refuses to take me because she has some grudge against the whole set-up of the thing.

2Sonics
March 3rd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Meanwhile, in non-predictable weather Kansas, it snowed once in April. It was bad for the plant-life. I think the farmers had one of the lowest profits that year relative to other years.

Anyways...

I'm going to get chewed out by my band director come Monday. Here's why: There's a sub-state basketball game today, but I don't know when to be at the school to head out to wherever we're going. I called the one guy whose phone number I knew and he would also know the time to be there. He didn't pick up.
The worst part is is that I need to ask him for a ride, because my mom refuses to take me because she has some grudge against the whole set-up of the thing.
Anybody live near you who knows another person on your team's number?

NintendoQueen
March 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
You'd be surprised. I think one time a while ago, it snowed in October.

Oh I know, I'm not surprised it snowed here today. I am just tired of the gloomy weather. I need the nice weather now!

2Sonics
March 3rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
Oh I know, I'm not surprised it snowed here today. I am just tired of the gloomy weather. I need the nice weather now!
Yeah, I know! If the snow doesn't melt by my birthday (March 26) I'm going to swear out the window. Naw, not really but I'll probably scream.

NintendoQueen
March 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I know! If the snow doesn't melt by my birthday (March 26) I'm going to swear out the window. Naw, not really but I'll probably scream.

Apparently it snowed on the day I was born (April 7th, 1989). So, I know how you feel! If it snowed on my birthday, I'd be mad too!!

SSBBrawler
March 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I had managed to get a ride to the basketball game. Unfortunately, our team won, so we're going on to state. Which takes place in a city three hours away. Note that the game starts at about 7, and basketball games last a while (ours tend to last about two and half hours), so we're going to be home after midnight.

Worst part is: It's on a Wednesday night, so there's school the next day.

Someguyfromcrowd
March 4th, 2012, 12:59 PM
This is bullcrap. (www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/q6is0/in_september_2009_after_admitting_to_my_parents/?sort=hot)

Places like this should not exist. Their mere existence is an insult to all things good in this world. They are an absolute insult to the vast majority of good and reasonable Christians.

I'd say more but I would use up every last & this forum has.

Peasley
March 4th, 2012, 01:15 PM
This is bullcrap. (www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/q6is0/in_september_2009_after_admitting_to_my_parents/?sort=hot)

Places like this should not exist. Their mere existence is an insult to all things good in this world. They are an absolute insult to the vast majority of good and reasonable Christians.

There was pretty prominent case involving an 'academy' like that overseas that Americans would send their kids to not that long ago.

iRoyBoy
March 5th, 2012, 02:24 AM

I was going to post something about how I was angry at nintendo for making HG SS non compatible with WPA protection but...Now I would feel plain awful if I ranted about something as little as that...
After reading that did anyone get the sudden urge to either write a letter to congress or your mayor about these places and or just flat out call child services...

Hammerlord
March 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I thought about posting this in the OTCD, but this thread seems to be more of a suitable one for this:

So my day was preety much the same as always, but the fact that I was literally mugged, lost my cellphone and roughly 20 bucks.

It wasn't so bad, for my cellphone was one of those crappy Nokia ones. Anyway, the dude was on an old blue bike, had a gun, and wasn't wearing any masks or whatever, but I just can't remember the crook's face, so I couldn't help the police much. All my attention at the moment was driven to the fact I was being assaulted for the first time, however not who was doing so. I feel awfully stupid.

I have finally arrived. I'm also tired as hell and more than a bit stressed, but very relieved to be home.

I thank God for getting out of this one alive and in one piece.

I hate people who steal.

zeldamaster2
March 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Pep band. Oh my god, pep band.

I like playing an instrument and all that, but currently, we've had pep band 9 weeks in a row. I hate pep band. Pep band forces me to go to an event I don't even care the slightest about. At least we're indoors, where's it warm, unlike football season where we go out, no matter the temperature.

I feel your pain. My pep band recently went with the girls basketball team to state in utah, and I missed ONE game in the tournament and got a D in Band...

Otherwise, I HATE PEOPLE WHO USE THE SAME POINT YOU DISPROVED IN AN ARGUMENT FIVE TIMES.

zeldamaster2
March 8th, 2012, 08:28 PM

Oh. My. Arceus. I just read that link.
/RAGEMODE
Time to get Anonymous to open the floodgates of H***!

Meta-Mind
March 11th, 2012, 10:44 PM

I'd say more but I would use up every last & this forum has.Are they trying to make all Christians look like overconfident, self-righteous idiots?

Yeah, that'll endear people to Christ for sure.

NintendoQueen
April 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Ok what pisses me off is that I try to be nice to people. I'm nothing but friendly to them, and what do they do? They effing ignore me! I walk into the daycare today, and I say hi to the two girls who were working before me (they leave when I come in). And what do I get from them? Absolutely NOTHING. No smile, no friendly greeting. They leave without saying a damn word to me, as if I'm nothing.

People ignoring me is one of my biggest pet peeves. And I effing hate rude people. I don't know what their problem is with me, but I didn't do anything wrong! When I'm mad, I don't take it out on innocent bystanders!

Ok, I am glad I let that off my chest...Whew.

2Sonics
April 3rd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Ok what pisses me off is that I try to be nice to people. I'm nothing but friendly to them, and what do they do? They effing ignore me! I walk into the daycare today, and I say hi to the two girls who were working before me (they leave when I come in). And what do I get from them? Absolutely NOTHING. No smile, no friendly greeting. They leave without saying a damn word to me, as if I'm nothing.

People ignoring me is one of my biggest pet peeves. And I effing hate rude people. I don't know what their problem is with me, but I didn't do anything wrong! When I'm mad, I don't take it out on innocent bystanders!

Welcome to my school. I have to say something five billion times for them to listen. The only time they acknowledge my existence is when I screwed up or something. It sucks Dragon Balls.

NintendoQueen
April 3rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Welcome to my school. I have to say something five billion times for them to listen. The only time they acknowledge my existence is when I screwed up or something. It sucks Dragon Balls.

Can I get an Amen?!
And if I do say something like "Are you mad at me?" or "Are you upset with me?", they freakin' shrug it off and act like I'm the dumb one...so ridiculous...

SSBBrawler
April 3rd, 2012, 06:57 PM

Let me make a comment here. I'm a bit jaded because of past experiences, for bullies would act falsely sweet to take advantage of my quite naive behaviors. It's possible that it is similar in their case? If not, it's possible they just don't know what to say to you? Humans are largely social beings, so we worry about whether or not we make ourselves look dumb in front of people.

NintendoQueen
April 3rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Let me make a comment here. I'm a bit jaded because of past experiences, for bullies would act falsely sweet to take advantage of my quite naive behaviors. It's possible that it is similar in their case? If not, it's possible they just don't know what to say to you? Humans are largely social beings, so we worry about whether or not we make ourselves look dumb in front of people.

First of all, I am not a bully, nor am I intimidating. I try to be friendly to all, and I just don't understand the need for people to ignore others for no reason (this girl I am referring to really ignores me and I don't know why!) It's so annoying!!

King Kienzan
April 3rd, 2012, 08:23 PM
I actually have one that isn't only one or two sentences.

I hate people who act like Generation 1 of Pokemon will never be topped. Now don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon Red and Blue, and I grew up with these games in my childhood, but that is certainly no reason to dismiss anything that comes after, especially progress. I mean, why blindly hate the newer games, they fixed a lot of problems in the old games. This happens with a lot of franchises, people just blindly liking what has the most nostalgia. But Pokemon seems to have it the worst. There are people who act like the designs in Gen 5 are so horrible, like Vanilluxe, and Garbodor, and will say Gen 1 had nothing wrong with it, even though it had designs like Elecrtode or Muk. I've seen people even complain about how TMs never run out anymore. How do you not approve of that?

Snickerway
April 10th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I've seen people even complain about how TMs never run out anymore. How do you not approve of that?
Pretty much the whole point of TMs before was that they could only be used once. They'd usually sit in my inventory gathering dust unless I could buy more in previous generations, so I'm supportive of the change, but the criticism there is justified.

Probably the most blatant example of what you're talking about is Ocarina of Time. People just act like it's the epitome of video gaming and developers might as well just stop making games because they'd never top it. I mean, it's a good game, but it's not the best game ever, or even the best in the series. Majora's Mask topped it in almost every way, providing a plot that wasn't just a rehash of every video game, or story in general, ever made (the hero goes through various dangerous locations, defeats the villain and rescues the girl) and inventive items, like the masks. Judging from what people have said of it, Skyward Sword is better too.

King Kienzan
April 11th, 2012, 01:17 AM
I prefer OoT to MM, but I completely see your point. I always get a little irritated when I hear someone say "it's the best because it's the original." It's okay to feel nostalgic towards something, but don't let it cloud your judgement. I'm not saying nostalgia is a bad thing, but people take it too far.

DukeOfStyrofoam
April 11th, 2012, 06:50 PM
There are people who act like the designs in Gen 5 are so horrible, like Vanilluxe, and Garbodor, and will say Gen 1 had nothing wrong with it, even though it had designs like Elecrtode or Muk. I've seen people even complain about how TMs never run out anymore. How do you not approve of that?

You know another thing about this? They completely ignore the awesome Pokemon from the new region. My friend once said that the new pokemon look stupid, so I told him that most of the other pokemon in that region were cool and gave examples of pokemon he said he liked. He completely ignored it and just said, "There is a pokemon that is a garbage bag!" I've pretty much given up trying to convince him Gen 5 is cool, he's the one who will miss out on generations to come.

King Kienzan
April 12th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Yup, Garbodor is always being attacked. Like I said, Gen 1 had a Pokemon that was pile of sludge with eyes, but it gets some stupid free pass for being an original.

itsameluigi1290
April 12th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Ugh, tell me about it. Seriously? They hate the new Sonic games because HE HAS GREEN EYES?! What. The. Blue Snails.

2Sonics
April 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Ugh, tell me about it. Seriously? They hate the new Sonic games because HE HAS GREEN EYES?! What. The. Blue Snails.
I think that was Sonic 4. And they boycotted Sonic 4 by, giving them more money? They bought several copies of Sonic 1 and didn't buy Sonic 1. DON'T GET ME STARTED ON MARIOTEHPLUMBER.

Chain Chomp
April 16th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Yup, Garbodor is always being attacked. Like I said, Gen 1 had a Pokemon that was pile of sludge with eyes, but it gets some stupid free pass for being an original.

Getting back on this I feel like I'm the only person in the world who likes Garbodor and Emboar, sure Emboars type is getting unoriginal and it could have been a Fire/Ground but it's still a good pokemon. Vanniluxe was only "Meh" to me, i don't like it, but i'm not going to attack it, and it's not even it's design that makes me dislike it it's just that i personally like Cryogonal more when it comes to Gen 5 ice types. There's not to many Unova pokemon I hate really, Alomamola, Karrablast, Liepard, Sawk, Throh, Zekrom, The Oshawott line and Archeops are the only ones I hate, but I won't go into that.

DukeOfStyrofoam
April 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Wait, people don't like Emboar? Anyway, I have a few friends who have been really bothering me lately. One time, he was listening to a song that the lyrics are hard to understand, and so I told him what they actually were. He got upset and just said that there's no way I could be right. So, I looked it up on my laptop and found that he was wrong. I showed him 3 websites with the correct lyrics, but he still didn't believe me! Then I found 7 more websites with those words, so I said, "It is hard to understand, but I think I'm going to go with the 10 lyrics websites." He gets all upset, and says I'm being a jerk. This is the really bad part. He said I was being a jerk, but whenever you do something he doesn't agree with, or make a joke he doesn't think is funny or doesn't get, he just turns to you and says your stupid, ugly, or some other random insult. And he calls me a jerk! Hypocrites make me VERY, VERY ANGRY. Oh, and then he has his friend who goes along blindly agreeing with whatever this kid says. It seems all of my friends that I get along with really well are like, 20-26 years old.

Lightningboalt
April 17th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Generally I dislike this thread buuuuuuut...

This is something that always bothers me, particularly because Garbodor is one of my absolute favorite pokemon. Trashbag -> Overflowing Trashbag is a much more creative and fun idea than Sludge -> More Sludge. Or the trend of adding extra heads... At least when Gen 5 pokemon add extra heads, there's a fitting thematic reason (ice cream and hydras for example).

King Kienzan
April 17th, 2012, 04:22 PM
(post directed at Chicken Rider, Lightningboalt posted while I was making this post)

You know, that actually reminds me of another thing that makes me mad(there's plenty of them). I love when I try to correct someone, and I post a link or show them a Wikipedia page on the matter and their response is "Wikipedia can be edited by anybody, you can't trust it.". Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize those links to reliable websites they have as sources for each fact means nothing. Ever try editing Wikipedia without a reliable source? It won't be there too long. I'm sort of in the same boat as you Chicken Rider. I have a friend who hates to be wrong. And anything on Wikipedia he doesn't like means the page was vandalized. Pretty cool that it was vandalized right when we went to that specific page. He also hates Gamefaqs for no reason at all. He refuses to use it if he wants to find something on a specific game. Instead. he uses these terrible format websites, that look like someone with no experience made it in like a day. Did anybody use Cheat Planet back in the day? That's not nearly as bad as some of these.

DukeOfStyrofoam
April 17th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, and with Wikipedia pages, they act like they know everything when they say its wrong. I know with my friend, you could tell him something and he will believe it just as easily as someone can edit a Wikipedia page. Like you said, Wikipedia pages are mostly right. With him, any random person could have been telling him something, and he would completely believe it.

Also, can I quote that Lightningboalt? I have to tell my friend that whole Muk vs. Garbador thing, maybe he'll change his mind. (Since Garbador is the pokemon he hates most, but he loves all Gen. 1 pokemon.)

Aeront
April 17th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Something that is starting to piss me off in Pokemon is the slow increase in event-exclusive/promotional pokemon. I mean, I love pokemon and all, but really!
GEN I: Mew (THERE'S A 151st POKEMON!?!? OFDHDO:VBISBF)
GEN II: Celebi (oh, another event exclusive pokemon? That's cool, I guess)
GEN III: Jirachi, Deoxys (The heck? Two? That's a little uncalled for)
GEN IV: Darkrai, Shamin, Arceus (THREE? Do we really need THREE?)
GEN V: Zorua, Keldo, Meloetta, Genesect [that's not even including Victini] (.....four.....THERE'S FOUR!?!?)

I mean, the amount of events and things where you can go and get these pokemon is so limited, many, if not most, pokemon gamers don't have these pokemon unless they use cheats. Thankfully, it seems Nintendo plans to start giving them out using Wi-fi, but still...

Is this my first post in here? Anyway, COMING SOON!

bluesoul
April 17th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Something that is starting to piss me off in Pokemon is the slow increase in event-exclusive/promotional pokemon. I mean, I love pokemon and all, but really!
GEN I: Mew (THERE'S A 151st POKEMON!?!? OFDHDO:VBISBF)
GEN II: Celebi (oh, another event exclusive pokemon? That's cool, I guess)
GEN III: Jirachi, Deoxys (The heck? Two? That's a little uncalled for)
GEN IV: Darkrai, Shamin, Arceus (THREE? Do we really need THREE?)
GEN V: Zorua, Keldo, Meloetta, Genesect [that's not even including Victini] (.....four.....THERE'S FOUR!?!?)

I mean, the amount of events and things where you can go and get these pokemon is so limited, many, if not most, pokemon gamers don't have these pokemon unless they use cheats. Thankfully, it seems Nintendo plans to start giving them out using Wi-fi, but still...

I agree, but what really bothers me about these is that when they are released through events they just give it to you. Whenever I go and get the pokemon at an event, they just send it via mystery gift. No awesome secret area to find shaymin at, no Deoxys location. It really just peeves me off how they waste it like that.

King Kienzan
April 17th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I definitely hate the concept of Event Pokemon. Giving them out on Wifi is definitely an improvement though.

Sansato
April 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I hate to change the topic, but I have to unload my frustrations.

I have an uncle on my mother's side of the family who lives nearby. His wife is a little kooky, but I've never actually had anything negative to say about her until this point. They have a dog that she brought into his house with her and he has to be let out of the house to use the bathroom every so often.

This is where we tie it all together. My uncle just went to the hospital for pancreatitis, but I'm not sure of how he's doing. My aunt told this to my mom over the phone while we were grocery shopping earlier, but the call seemed to be less about my uncle and more about letting the dog outside to do his business. Nevermind the fact that the person my aunt called is the sister of her husband or the possibility that my mom might want to know how he's doing. And we can most certainly ignore the fact that there are other people that maybe could've been asked first.

The fact that she only called because of the freakin' dog just irritates the crap out of me. Anyone else know what I mean?

DukeOfStyrofoam
April 18th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I do know what you mean, I also have crazy relatives, but I'm not going to go into that right now. With me, I'm just grateful I only have to see them once a year. I hope your Uncle is okay also.

TriforceBun
April 20th, 2012, 01:29 AM
You've seen it, I've seen it. I don't like it. It's worse whenever it's something about to be handed to you from a large stack (like a memo, handout, test, etc). At that point, I sort of make a conscious decision to keep my appendages away from the corner that has been swabbed with spittle.

So, I understand that it's apparently to make the pages turn easier. Heck, as a pianist, I know that pain all too well. But even at my clumsiest, I really only fumble with every tenth page or so, and that takes about a half-second to a full-second to get a grasp on anyway. You just pinch the corner--no muss, no fuss, no bacteria traveling from your fingers to your mouth, or from your mouth to the paper to some poor student's eraser to his mouth.

Why the finger-licking? I'm tired of my handouts having gross upper corners! It's time someone took a stand!

NO MORE WET CORNERS

NO MORE WET CORNERS

Koj09
April 20th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Yeaaaaaah, spitty pages are never fun.

At least you can't get a papercut? its worse than a papercut

But reading this made me realize something. How many people lick their fingers to flip the page while reading PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOKS? I mean sure, it'd be dry saliva, but if I spit on a burger and waited for it to dry, would it still be eaten? Naw. This is made scarier by the four-stack of library books at my side... •_•

Lenore
April 20th, 2012, 01:46 AM
I, too, am not a fan at all. Seriously, it doesn't even help.

Now that I think about it, the only people I can remember doing this are teachers. Hmm.

Curus
April 20th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Grow your nails out. You can dig between all but glued-together leaves - and them flat bits of Lego.